Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

here's a thread where you just ask something. my question is, How do I associate comics with pages like World War Hulk X-men with the concept Thunderclap

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jotham

Put it in the concepts section of the issue page.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

Just as a friendly warning; don't go overboard with Concepts.   

We've had people try to points-whore by adding concepts & objects like Mutant, Ruby Quartz, Adamantium, Wolverine's Claws, etc to every single X-Men issue they could find.   

Concepts have been abused in the past when someone added the concept of 'Cat' to every single issue with a vaguely feline character, or a kitty in the background.    

Try to be realistic when adding concepts or objects :)
Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!
@xerox-kitty said:
" Just as a friendly warning; don't go overboard with Concepts.    We've had people try to points-whore by adding concepts & objects like Mutant, Ruby Quartz, Adamantium, Wolverine's Claws, etc to every single X-Men issue they could find.    Concepts have been abused in the past when someone added the concept of 'Cat' to every single issue with a vaguely feline character, or a kitty in the background.     Try to be realistic when adding concepts or objects :) "
I understand, it's just there are no issues associated with some of the concepts and locations and stuff so I'm trying to add a few issues like in World War Hulk X-men I remember seeing the hulk thunder-clap some of the X-men away.
Avatar image for son_of_the_northwind
Son Of The Northwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!: in which case, it should naturally be added.
Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

here's another question, how do I add movie posters to movies?

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!: there should be a thing to add images
Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" @Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!: there should be a thing to add images "
I know! Iron Man 2 has 6 posters and only two have been added
Avatar image for deactivated-60204c6c569bf
deactivated-60204c6c569bf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

How do I add a character to an issue but the name isn't included in the drop down list?  Unfortunately, the character only has a first name but there's apparently alot of characters with that first name.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
@ASKwhy: Add some kind of alias to make it more unique. You can either come up with something that would fit there permanently or just something random, which you could remove afterward.
Avatar image for deactivated-60204c6c569bf
deactivated-60204c6c569bf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@jloneblackheart: thanks for the tip
Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What exactly would go under Story Arc section of the issue? 
Would that be,For example, "Dead Man's Hand" for the Nomad, Punisher, and Daredevil issues that story appeared in? 
I wanted to add the story arc to DD #506 but it's in the Plot Discription area of the issue listing.  Could it e put in the Story Arc spot as well?
Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Donovan Montgomery said:
" What exactly would go under Story Arc section of the issue? Would that be,For example, "Dead Man's Hand" for the Nomad, Punisher, and Daredevil issues that story appeared in? I wanted to add the story arc to DD #506 but it's in the Plot Discription area of the issue listing.  Could it e put in the Story Arc spot as well? "
things like "World war Hulk" or "Messiah Complex" would go for the Story Arc.

My question, how do I create pages for characters?
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Senter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Senter

How do I add pictures to a newly created character page? (One that doesn't have any character image yet.)
Is that restricted to 5000+ users? Or am I missing a button or link?

Yumulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Yumulu
@Senter:  you go in the image gallerie tab situated in the left portion of your screen the first image added should appear as the default image to change it afther that you'll need to have 5000+ wiki point
Senter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Senter
@Yumulu: 
Thank you very much! You're very helpful.
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!:
Since I havn't actually seen anything under story-arc, you think just the arc name is needed or should a discription be put in as well? 

'Nother question is spoilers, I see the icon for makin them but did it wrong the first time I tried, what's the secret?
courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By courtney12490
@Donovan Montgomery: to make something a spoiler you highlight the text and there is an icon up at the toolbar that is an exclamation point surrounded by a red circle, click on that and the highlighted text will automatically do the spoiler warning thing
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for eisforextinction
EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By EisforExtinction
@xerox-kitty said:
" Just as a friendly warning; don't go overboard with Concepts.    We've had people try to points-whore by adding concepts & objects like Mutant, Ruby Quartz, Adamantium, Wolverine's Claws, etc to every single X-Men issue they could find.    Concepts have been abused in the past when someone added the concept of 'Cat' to every single issue with a vaguely feline character, or a kitty in the background.     Try to be realistic when adding concepts or objects :) "
I think ComicVine should allow more concepts. I suggested a 'Jimmy Gets Screwed' concept so that all issue of Superman where Jimmy gets screwed would be in that concept but it got turned down. Fair enough, I just prefer that GiantBomb concept method of weird concept pages. For example Unreliable Narrator. I think though concepts add a fun depth to the subject because I can look up two completely different comic series and they can be linked by a single common concept.
devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By devilmanex

How do I delete forums off of my favorites list once they are added?  I don't see a remove from favorites button the way I see a add to favorites

Edit:  Fixed

How do I just add one topic to fav's or is that possible

montydapunk.k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By montydapunk.k

how do i deal with a same issue in two different volumes.Can one of them be deleted. like dis particular issue is in
 http://www.comicvine.com/nagraj-nagraj-aur-draculanagraj-and-dracula/37-211410/ , dis same issue is also in
 http://www.comicvine.com/dracula-series-nagraj-aur-dracula/37-207957/

Yumulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Yumulu
Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we allowed to add fan comics to comic Vine?

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By courtney12490
@DevilmanEX said:
" How do I delete forums off of my favorites list once they are added?  I don't see a remove from favorites button the way I see a add to favorites  Edit:  Fixed  How do I just add one topic to fav's or is that possible "
You can't do that yet, although you can recommend it in the Features You Would Like to See thread that I just started. 
courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By courtney12490
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By courtney12490
courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By courtney12490
@EisforExtinction said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
I think ComicVine should allow more concepts. I suggested a 'Jimmy Gets Screwed' concept so that all issue of Superman where Jimmy gets screwed would be in that concept but it got turned down. Fair enough, I just prefer that GiantBomb concept method of weird concept pages. For example Unreliable Narrator. I think though concepts add a fun depth to the subject because I can look up two completely different comic series and they can be linked by a single common concept. "
The problem with concept pages is that people tend to use them to spam points. Every issue with Cyclops doesn't need Ruby Quartz attached as a concept, every issue with Wolverine or X-23 doesn't need Adamantium attached and things like that. 
EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By EisforExtinction
@courtney12490 said:
" @EisforExtinction said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
I think ComicVine should allow more concepts. I suggested a 'Jimmy Gets Screwed' concept so that all issue of Superman where Jimmy gets screwed would be in that concept but it got turned down. Fair enough, I just prefer that GiantBomb concept method of weird concept pages. For example Unreliable Narrator. I think though concepts add a fun depth to the subject because I can look up two completely different comic series and they can be linked by a single common concept. "
The problem with concept pages is that people tend to use them to spam points. Every issue with Cyclops doesn't need Ruby Quartz attached as a concept, every issue with Wolverine or X-23 doesn't need Adamantium attached and things like that.  "
I think that's even more of a reason to allow for more nebulous concepts. Like if if X-23 and Wolverine are in the same issue then their could be a 'Clone Lineage' which would also be applied when Superboy and Superman are in the same comic.
courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By courtney12490
@EisforExtinction said:
" @courtney12490 said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
The problem with concept pages is that people tend to use them to spam points. Every issue with Cyclops doesn't need Ruby Quartz attached as a concept, every issue with Wolverine or X-23 doesn't need Adamantium attached and things like that.  "
I think that's even more of a reason to allow for more nebulous concepts. Like if if X-23 and Wolverine are in the same issue then their could be a 'Clone Lineage' which would also be applied when Superboy and Superman are in the same comic. "
I think for things like "Clone Lineage" it would be cool. But my point here is that every issue with a mutant in it doesn't need the X-Gene concept attached and things like that. That's just a way for people to gain points.
EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By EisforExtinction
@courtney12490 said:
" @courtney12490 said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
I think that's even more of a reason to allow for more nebulous concepts. Like if if X-23 and Wolverine are in the same issue then their could be a 'Clone Lineage' which would also be applied when Superboy and Superman are in the same comic. "
I think for things like "Clone Lineage" it would be cool. But my point here is that every issue with a mutant in it doesn't need the X-Gene concept attached and things like that. That's just a way for people to gain points. "
I totally agree it's a slippery slope between cool links between issue that offer interesting info and dumb, obvious point seeking.
courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By courtney12490
@EisforExtinction said:
" @courtney12490 said:
" @courtney12490 said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
I think for things like "Clone Lineage" it would be cool. But my point here is that every issue with a mutant in it doesn't need the X-Gene concept attached and things like that. That's just a way for people to gain points. "
I totally agree it's a slippery slope between cool links between issue that offer interesting info and dumb, obvious point seeking. "
I couldn't have said it better myself :D 
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@courtney12490:
Wondering if it show's before you click on the spoiler line or after. 
It show's the spoiler open on my end after I post it.
courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By courtney12490
@Donovan Montgomery said:
" @courtney12490: Wondering if it show's before you click on the spoiler line or after. It show's the spoiler open on my end after I post it. "
That does happen sometimes with your own posts. I don't really recall ever seeing them open by themselves if it's somebody else's post though. I had to click on it for me to be able to see the spoiler bit.
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers