Wiki Beta v0.2!

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

Edited By wcarle

Thanks to everyone who gave feedback last time, we've incorporated some of that feedback already and we have a new version of the wiki beta for you all to try out! There are some significant improvements and new features in this version including editing of all objects and in page editing!

Check out our intro video for the new version here: https://youtu.be/y8XCnggFyC8

Where can I find this Beta?

Right here: http://beta.comicvine.com/

Trouble logging in?

We have some troubleshooting steps HERE

What is in this version of the Beta?

• All objects editable!
  • In page editing (no more jumping to a new page when you click edit)
  • Better diff tools for large descriptions
  • Almost all field types editable (still missing things like fuzzy dates and association descriptions)

Bug Reports and Feedback

If you find any bugs (you probably will, this is a beta after all) or if you have any feedback on design or any great ideas post them here:

Will My Edits Go Live?

Nope, all edits made on the beta site will be deleted at the end of the beta. Feel free to make dummy edits that you wouldn't make on the live site.

What's next?

Here are the next items on our list:

• Improvements to the points system
  • Better Hud interface (the area on the left that lists all your changes)
  • Get the rest of the field types editable (fuzzy dates, etc.)
  • Lots of moderation improvements
  • Bug squashing and stability improvements

Follow this blog for updates or if you would like email notifications when new stuff comes out enter your email here: http://goo.gl/forms/p0gHXlKEfY

We'll keep you up to date on news as we progress in the beta, we don't have set timelines yet because we want you all to be a part of the process and timelines really depend on your feedback!

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#1 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Would you like this pinned to the editing forum?

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: Good point I probably should have posted it there, I'll move it

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 230

@wcarle: This is not a complaint in any fashion- just curiosity- how long should this whole beta process take? Not impatient at all here- I'm just never watched a website in development, and don't know the process.

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wcarle: This is not a complaint in any fashion- just curiosity- how long should this whole beta process take? Not impatient at all here- I'm just never watched a website in development, and don't know the process.

That's a good question, we wanted to bring you all in really early in the process so we do have a lot of work left to do that will take a while. One thing to keep in mind is that we are a pretty small team working on lots of different projects besides the wiki, so we won't be able to devote our full time to just the wiki. We have a really busy month in June where we'll have to do a lot of work on Gamespot and Giant Bomb because of E3 so that will slow us down a bit. That being said we have a very rough timeline that we're trying to follow:

• End of May: Another Beta release with more features and bug fixes
  • July: Full featured Beta (rewrite of all existing functionality complete)

From there we'll determine when to go live with the new wiki, if the feedback is positive and everybody likes it, we'll go ahead and make it live.

After that we plan on continuing development by adding new features and fixing any bugs found in production.

Like I said, these are all super rough timelines and it all depends on feedback from you all!

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 230

@wcarle: Cool. Thanks very much, and hey, I know people moan a lot, but you guys are appreciated! :)