What is needed to add missing volume information?

#1 Edited by Papai (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I tried to add a volume for the new edition of Superman: Panic In The Sky and got it denied with a message saying "Ton of problems."

Is that it? Ton of problems? I can't understand, filled the fields, added an image, how can it be Ton of problems in a simple form like that? And how does this message helps for me to improve for next try?

#2 Edited by pikahyper (18483 posts) - - Show Bio

Papai marked this as the best answer

@papai: Didn't you try to make a submission before that one that was similar but for another collected edition? One that was being added to the volume of the issues it collected? I left a comment for that one specifying the problems when I denied it and then saw the Panic in the Sky one that had most of the same problems and looked exactly like the one before it hence the short comment instead of a repeat of the long one I had previously written. Guess it was another user, sorry, ok problems with this one:

• We don't use all caps, editors must use proper casing at all times
  • That is also not how we name volumes
  • That default image is of poor quality and would never be allowed, we have standards
  • and finally the official solicit for a single collected edition would not be added to the volume deck or any deck, it would be added in italics to the main description of the issue page once it is created, official solicits must be in italics otherwise it is considered plagiarism

Short form or not every field was unacceptable but these are all things that someone would know if they spent any time in the wiki so before adding anything else I suggest you familiarize yourself with how things are done here by perusing the wiki and by reading various threads in this forum.

Also a note for the future, while this new edition of Panic in the Sky would be allowed in the wiki not all new editions would be allowed, to be allowed they must include additional or different content then the previous edition or have a different title, Panic In the Sky collects more issues then the original so it is ok but most just have new covers.

#3 Posted by Papai (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper Yeah, I made no submission before that, no problem.

I didn't think that would be the final edition for the page, since the forms are so vague and we still need approval. This is why I didn't cared about casing and about image quality. If you look at my profile you will notice I have a much larger quality sample which I've uploaded as soon as I submitted the edit. I had in mind I would be able to put it on the page once it was accepted.

So, again, I thought about the form as being a placeholder to inform moderation about the core aspect of the request, not being the final edit.

@pikahyper said:

"but these are all things that someone would know if they spent any time in the wiki"

I don't, I was just organizing my comics and there are a couple editions which are not recognized by the ComiVine Scrapper. These are well known editions with new content, and since the people who spent time in the wiki didn't added it, even after years have passed since release, I thought I could help the community instead of editing on my end only.

Thanks for answering.

#4 Posted by pikahyper (18483 posts) - - Show Bio

@papai: I had already assumed you were a scrapper editor, we get them a lot and they all edit in the same way for some reason lol, most try once and give up instead of asking questions or trying again. Specifically for image edits and parent titles those are things you as an editor can't change once they've been created, you would have to go through the request threads to swap an image or rename a volume so its best to do them right the first time, most other stuff you could fix yourself and while you are in moderation we'll let you know what those things are so you can become a better editor.

#5 Posted by Papai (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: Oh, now I got it, makes total sense.

I would like to thank you for clarifying all the stuff.

Cheers!

#6 Posted by pikahyper (18483 posts) - - Show Bio

@papai: if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.