Ways and Ideas To Improve Comicvine 2.0

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#201  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@marcovaldo: You can still do it, just go to Wiki>Volumes and add the publisher then sort the results alphabetically and there ya go.

Marcovaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

@marcovaldo: You can still do it, just go to Wiki>Volumes and add the publisher then sort the results alphabetically and there ya go.

Great, thanks!

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 pikahyper  Moderator
edwdecarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#205  Edited By edwdecarlo

Request: Add Order Number to Story Arc issue listings

This is something that was available within CV 1.0 and I found to be very helpful. Hopefully with new CV 2.0 Story Arc structure, that can be accomplished.

Request:

I would like to request that the order number of an issue within a Story Arc be displayed within the issue list, on both the Story Arc main page and the Story Arc Issues page (accessed via the 'View all ## results'). This would reflect the relative position of the issue as presented within the list (would be a counter within the loop which renders the issue list). It would be displayed before the issue title, such as:

1. Prelude to Infinite Crisis #1 - Prelude to Infinite Crisis
  2. Countdown to Infinite Crisis #1 - Countdown to Infinite Crisis
  3. The OMAC Project #1 - Part One: The Eye in the Sky

:

87. Infinite Crisis Aftermath: The Battle for Blüdhaven #6 - The Battle for Blüdhaven, Part 6

Reason:

When a Story Arc contains more that 10 - 20 issues, or extends over multiple pages, it becomes difficult to keep track of the order of the issues. For those of use who use a comic book package to track our collections, having the Order number display with the list would be very helpful.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

SnowyMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 9

#208  Edited By SnowyMountain

I think that one of the improvements that this site could use is adding a category buttons for polls in the forum section. I mean, we seem to have polls, I've even created a few myself but I think they might simply be lost in all of the clutter. We simply don't know what polls are out there. It might be a good idea to have that a Poll section in our personal page controls as well.

I've also noticed in the redesign of the site that we've lost the ability to click on the powers of the characters. I think that instead of simply clicking on it and up pops up a page of characters with the same powers that instead, there should be a permanent page list that actually defines just what each power/ability is. I mean, I either know or can guess what some of these abilities are but I think that some newcomers might be lost or confused.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Get a better software that is compatible with web phones so that we can upload pictures from our device. And get rid of the cv mobile version.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

This has been something that kinda irks me a bit because I regularly use this site to find character entries in handbooks... but what people tend to do is tag appearances as if it was a comic, i.e., when a picture of Nighthawk is included in his entry showing one of his alt costumes it has Hulk and Namor slightly in frame, people tag both as appearing.

No Caption Provided

would anyone be strongly against me going through and fixing it so that only the characters who receive actual entries are listed as appearing. there's little point in having any appearances on these pages if what happens is someone comes along and tags every x-men member every time the x-men team receives an entry.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

Now that the previous uploads widget is working again I've got some improvement suggestions, stuff that we used to have that is missed by probably more then just me, basically "stats" in the previous uploads widget, here is a quick mockup. First number is the total amount of images on the users profile or if applied to the wiki how many for that wiki's gallery, the second number is for the number of images in that specific tag/gallery and third is for how many images are currently selected followed by options to select/unselect all. This is very similar to what we used to have but laid out in one place.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

Thanks to whoever made it so I could flag comments on articles without it taking me to first comment page for some reason. Much easier to take down those spam bots. :)

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I want to suggest a preview button.

That is all.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

I know the TV side of the wiki is brand new, but it would look much neater if there was some way to separate the seasons on the Series page. Perhaps with tabs.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

recent episodes section is ridiculously prominent on pages. i get it's a new feature and everything but it should be down there right next to recent movies. not above the character information.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I'm pretty sure I'm not the first to mention and request this:

Is it possible to add a few more publishers to the drop down list in "New Comics"? This would be a really quick and useful upgrade. Just add publishers like Dynamite, Valiant already (and perhaps remove Wildstorm).

Second, how about adding another option to search for a whole month (or range) instead of just weeks?

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By X35

for the 500th time, it needs to be so that only mods can change images.

i've been away for 3 days and came back to virtually the entire x-men roster having dumb panels or fan art set as their main because this site is full of idiots and stupid x-men fans in particular

not even gonna bother switching them back. someone else can qwaste their time on helping this site. i've been maintaining little standards like that on the marvel pages for over a year now and i'm sick of being taken for granted on this site particularly by some two-faced mods who push for me to be banned at every opportunity in private when i've done little to offend them personally but think i will never know...then when i go away for 3 days and THAT is the state of "your" site. if that's what you want from a site, enjoy it. not gonna be around much now anyway, but i look forward to someone going through each one of them setting something else and saying "nothing's wrong with it durrr, you stupid woman, get banned".

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

User Lists: 3

#218  Edited By wmwadeii

@x35: worse is a lot of the images they are choosing have word bubbles which is against the default image rules. I for one appreciate what your doing x35, and are my go to person when I have to check on all things Marvel. Just keep up the good work and keep yourself composed and maybe one day things will change. I personally recommended/voted that the main profile pics point limit be increased so that you have to have X number of points on the page.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

#219  Edited By tomlikesfries

Bring back the half-star reviewing system!

karirafn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By karirafn

OK, so new users require a certain number of points to be able to do edit the Wiki without a review. This is good as new users, like myself, are more prone to making mistakes. What I'd like to suggest is that you should be able to delete your edits while they're still pending review because often you realize you f**ked up after you submit something. This would both decrease the number of rejected edits as well as reduce the work load on those who do the reviewing.

Edit: Adding a comment to a still pending edit would also be nice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

An overhaul of the image tagging system would be fantastic.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@karirafn: Watch the language mate and welcome to the site!

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

@x35 said:

for the 500th time, it needs to be so that only mods can change images.

i've been away for 3 days and came back to virtually the entire x-men roster having dumb panels or fan art set as their main because this site is full of idiots and stupid x-men fans in particular

not even gonna bother switching them back. someone else can qwaste their time on helping this site. i've been maintaining little standards like that on the marvel pages for over a year now and i'm sick of being taken for granted on this site particularly by some two-faced mods who push for me to be banned at every opportunity in private when i've done little to offend them personally but think i will never know...then when i go away for 3 days and THAT is the state of "your" site. if that's what you want from a site, enjoy it. not gonna be around much now anyway, but i look forward to someone going through each one of them setting something else and saying "nothing's wrong with it durrr, you stupid woman, get banned".

No one wants to ban you, we all recognize the hard work that you put into the wiki.

Kthanid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Kthanid

A simple "posted from mobile" message at the bottom of a post would be super nice. Also the ability to embed images and videos and quote button from mobile would be awesome as well.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#225  Edited By Saren

We need a more in-depth message explaining the post limit to new users. Why it's there, how long it lasts, etc. It just seems like every week there's about a dozen new users sending PM's asking why they can't post.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 pikahyper  Moderator
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#227  Edited By Outside_85
Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: I don't know if this has been asked before, but could we have a wiki section for games?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 pikahyper  Moderator
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Oh, cool. I had no idea Giant Bomb and Comic Vine where related. Thanks anyway. :)

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 pikahyper  Moderator
Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I noticed that when someone makes a poll you can hover over the thread title on the main board of whichever forum it's on and read it. I think it'd be an improvement if we use that feature to hover over any given topic and view the most recent post in thread. Similar to how in my feed when say one person replies me and I'm hovering on my feed, their reply is bold and the top of the list.

it wouldn't need to be real time as in if I hover over it once it will continue to bump into the next posted statement, like I said with the feed just move the mouse away and back to view what had been posted latest.

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if this has already been suggested, but what about changing the team wiki pages to have both a current and a former members tap?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 pikahyper  Moderator

@battle_forum_junkie: that would be pretty nice, it can get confusing seeing all the members on teams like the Avengers or X-Men, data overload just makes it pretty much useless but splitting them into current and former would help a great deal.

Youmika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I would like it if the wiki supported things like 'set as default to issue 1' (or any other number). For many runs in issues have the same writers, characters, or whatever and if there's a whole lot of people in (or working on) the series it would make work faster and save me (and I presume others) from RSI.

For example the whole run of De Rode Ridder (now up to 240 issues) has the character Johan, De Rode Ridder in it. But every time I go into an issue I have to add him manually. Wouldn't it be nice to make it so we can say 'this character is in every issue' or 'this character is in issue 1-54' something like that.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 pikahyper  Moderator

@youmika: it is a nice convenience but it will lead to abuse, accuracy is more important than making it easy, too many users would use that as a shortcut and just auto add associations to runs without making sure the associations should be added.

Youmika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Youmika

@pikahyper: Perhaps it can be made available to a select few (+500.000 points)? Like moderators and for people with special requests? (something that can easily be turned on/off by moderators). So we can ask for it to be turned on for a particular job (ask here on a forum tread) and when it's done it get's turned off. I'd always feel like I was going to be checked and do a proper job on it. People that abused the right would simply not get it again.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@youmika: that is an idea, probably a lot of work to implement though.

Youmika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: True, but maybe I'm just planting a seed for the next version :).

It's just that I love adding things to the website but just adding the issues doesn't seem like enough. I really want to add the data too, but when (as I'm sure you have in the past) you add 200+ issues all at once and keep adding the same information it's a bit daunting. So I've told myself I'm going to add the same info to (no less than) 10 issues of 'De Rode Ridder' a day. It'll take me a couple of weeks, but it'll keep me from going any nuttier than I am already ;-) ... which reminds me I still have to do my 10 for today :)

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 pikahyper  Moderator

@youmika: you get used to the repetitive data entry :P tabs and ctrl+tab are your friend.

Youmika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Yes they are :) and being able to just pull the pictures from my computer straight onto the add issue/volume page is fantastic :)

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get a games board so that off topic is cluster up with random games about posting nonsense. Also this game board should be hidden when you are in the main forum. It is super annoying to have to go to several pages to find a interesting active topic because they are all spammed by useless games topics.

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some of us RPG'ers that make a lot of alts, and are already dedicated users, can we have a thread where we can apply to have our post limit removed by moderators? It makes RPG'ing with new alts go much faster.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 pikahyper  Moderator
VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Yeah, I was suggesting that the moderators should be given that power to make it easier on us RP'ers.

lastronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guttridgeb: +1 for a NSFW setting (preferably enabled by default)

iMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently characters are listed all together and not heroes/villains separately. It's not really required by any means but it'd be a nice differentiation I think.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Onemoreposter

@pikahyper: BRING BACK QUESTS. I had such a high quest level....literally hours spent on those things....then it was all wiped away :(

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 pikahyper  Moderator

@onemoreposter: I'm just a mod so it isn't up to me, I do miss them though as I had a higher quest level then most, I've been told they will probably be back but to my knowledge when has not been decided on, probably not until the site is more stable and the majority of the bugs are fixed.

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#250  Edited By EMH_Bruce
  • I'm still for language flags on volumes, especially on Panini volumes would this be very helpful.
  • And I think it would be useful, if it were possible to order volumes alphabetical on a character page (not as default, just an option to order them alphabetically)

(I miss the quests too, they were fun and you could learn something about characters you didn't know before)