Unnamed comic characters?

Shadow Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Shadow Stalker

I've noticed that often, a minor comic character will show up in an issue and never get a name. Let's use the Green Lanterns as an example. I can think of several GL posters/issues that show dozens of Green Lanterns but are not given names. Is there any way to represent them here on the Vine? Would it be appropriate to list "Unnamed Green Lantern" and then upload the picture? I'm kind of a completist and want to make sure every named AND pictured team member is listed, even if they were never given a name. Any suggestions?
Post Edited:2008-03-04 17:01:17

Barry Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Barry Flash

Shadow Stalker says:

"I've noticed that often, a minor comic character will show up in an issue and never get a name. Let's use the Green Lanterns as an example. I can think of several GL posters/issues that show dozens of Green Lanterns but are not given names. Is there any way to represent them here on the Vine? Would it be appropriate to list "Unnamed Green Lantern" and then upload the picture? I'm kind of a completist and want to make sure every named AND pictured team member is listed, even if they were never given a name. Any suggestions?
Post Edited:2008-03-04 17:01:17"

I know what you mean, the way there will be sometimes double-pages full of Green Lanterns or Yellow Lanterns and not all of them are known. But the Publishers probably don't know what their going to call their Characters. So the best advice i have is just post a Picture and that way People will know what specific person you are talking about.

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By NiteFly

Shadow Stalker says:

"I've noticed that often, a minor comic character will show up in an issue and never get a name. Let's use the Green Lanterns as an example. I can think of several GL posters/issues that show dozens of Green Lanterns but are not given names. Is there any way to represent them here on the Vine? Would it be appropriate to list "Unnamed Green Lantern" and then upload the picture? I'm kind of a completist and want to make sure every named AND pictured team member is listed, even if they were never given a name. Any suggestions?

Why stop there. You can also create pages for "Unnamed characters walking down the street in a spider-man comic" and "Unnamed chicks that slept with Tony Stark off-panel". There's not a lot of point to dedicating pages to characters that weren't even worth naming. There are too many bystanders and passerbys in the comics to make them worth listing. Why not help us finish all the bios that do have names, then we'll talk.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

Shadow Stalker says:

I'd say Green Lantern Corps covers it. If an artist just needed filler and draws a random character in the background, they may never appear there. Having a bare page here doesn't seem to do them much justice. An image could be placed in a gallery on the GL Corps page.

Shadow Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Shadow Stalker

Thanks all. I just used the Green Lanterns as an example. More specifically, I added a team from the Majestic comic called the Ultravixens. All but one member is named but all are pictured. I would like to add the final member to the team page (I have her picture, just not her name). Should I just add her picture to the Ultravixens team page or create an "Unnamed Ultravixen" and add her picture?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#6  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Did a double take at "Majestic". I'd still say that she doesn't get her own page. Instead, give her her own little section on the team page and write about her there. Say that she was an unnamed member and whatever else you want and put her picture there (and in the team gallery).

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By fesak  Moderator