Suggested addition in Origin Type:

#1 Posted by fesak (8661 posts) - - Show Bio

Demon.

Just went over Blackheart's page, and he's listed as human.

#2 Posted by Datura (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't "demon" fall into the "god/eternal" category? Or do demons die too easily?

#3 Posted by Ebony Bishop (792 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought there should be a "magic" origin, as in mystically transformed into what they are.

Does the origin indicate where the power came from, or what the people are? Because technically, the Green Lanterns power is alien in origin, even though several of them aren't.

And what about 'Chemical"? Like Flash, Captain American, Elongated Man and such.

Or 'Experimentation'? Luke Cage volunteered for an experiment in prison.

Just curious.

Avatar image for captain_cascader
#4 Posted by Captain Cascader (1424 posts) - - Show Bio

We've got a couple origins I think need to be added. I should be able to get to these today. Lately I've been slammed with the huge amount of submissions coming through.

#5 Posted by valinorbob (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Ebony Bishop has a good question, is the origin type supposed to be where their powers came from, or where the person came from? If it's the powers, then you need to add things like Scientific Experimentation, Technology, Skill Mastery, etc. and can remove human from the list. If it is supposed to represent the person, then you would need to add a new field for powers origin that has the stuff like I mentioned above. Perhaps it would work better to have a Powers Origin and a Motivation field? That way get where their powers came from and what they use them for.

I would also somewhat like to see a Hero Type field, with options like what City of Heroes/Villains has: Blaster, Tanker, Scrapper, Guardian, Mastermind, Destroyer, etc. That would give people not familiar with the character a better idea of what they do with the seemingly random assortment of powers they might have. And it would add another facet to the ranking system, because you could choose who's the better scrapper, Batman or Wolverine? Who's the better Mastermind, Thanos or Magneto?

Avatar image for captain_cascader
#6 Posted by Captain Cascader (1424 posts) - - Show Bio

valinorbob says:

"Ebony Bishop has a good question, is the origin type supposed to be where their powers came from, or where the person came from? If it's the powers, then you need to add things like Scientific Experimentation, Technology, Skill Mastery, etc. and can remove human from the list. If it is supposed to represent the person, then you would need to add a new field for powers origin that has the stuff like I mentioned above. Perhaps it would work better to have a Powers Origin and a Motivation field? That way get where their powers came from and what they use them for.I would also somewhat like to see a Hero Type field, with options like what City of Heroes/Villains has: Blaster, Tanker, Scrapper, Guardian, Mastermind, Destroyer, etc. That would give people not familiar with the character a better idea of what they do with the seemingly random assortment of powers they might have. And it would add another facet to the ranking system, because you could choose who's the better scrapper, Batman or Wolverine? Who's the better Mastermind, Thanos or Magneto?"

Ha, City of Villans! Man, that game could have been so much more. I see where you're going though.

#7 Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

We need "animal" for Spider-Ham and Krypto.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
#8 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"We need "animal" for Spider-Ham and Krypto."

And Howard and Scrooge. 2 Ducks.

#9 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2781 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"We need "animal" for Spider-Ham and Krypto."

Animal is in there now.

I changed it to "Character Type" instead of "Origin Type". This is a basic descriptive of how you would describe the character.

#10 Posted by valinorbob (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, that makes sense. However, the radiation option is now a bit out of place, maybe change it to Energy/Cosmic Force or something? For those not-really-a-physical-creature type characters like Galactus, Phoenix, Captain Universe, etc.