Q1 Cover Dates?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#1  Edited By cbishop

On the Millennium volume page, all of the issue dates are marked "Q1 1988." This isn't the first volume where I've run into this. What is it? And why is it an option (meaning what use is it)?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

@cbishop: it's mainly used for quarterly or seasonal issues, not sure why Millennium is using it.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: I've seen it used on several volumes lately. It may be confusion over the options- took me a few minutes to figure out what "fuzzy date" was when I first started. Even with quarterly/ seasonal issues though, why wouldn't we just use the month it was released, or have an option of "Spring/ Summer/ Fall/ Winter?" Is Q1 ever in an indicia? Not arguing it- I've just never seen it.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#4 pikahyper  Moderator

@cbishop: Seasons don't always use the same months and not all comics are published in the month their indicia lists, quarters were probably easier to set up so that's what we got instead of actual seasons, the fuzzy date function is surprisingly complex and it took years to get it working right so doing anything to the quarters isn't likely. I have asked for the site to not add the visual default dates in the next version of the wiki platform though as they are annoying.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Fair enough. And yes, the visual default date can be distracting, and momentarily confusing.