Q: Does deleting "all images" tag delete image?

Deadknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By Deadknight

Does deleting the "all images" tag from an image in a page's gallery delete the image from the gallery, or is it still technically part of it afterwards but just unable to be seen - like unused image tags?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

@deadknight: hmm I don't think I've ever tested that, technically images are rarely actually deleted from the site as the images are still sitting on the server and the url still active but you loose any other way to access the images. Normally deleting a tag leaves the image alone and design-wise you shouldn't be able to delete the All Images tag but it's possible someone forgot to make it undeletable. Is this a hypothetical question or did it happen somewhere? a regular user should only be able to delete tags from their own galleries.

Deadknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

@pikahyper: I've done it before on a few pages to delete duplicate images. I've started wondering whether this could cause any problems in the long run for the site.

Most recently I've done it with the Giganta image gallery to get rid of bad quality, duplicate images.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#4 pikahyper  Moderator

@deadknight: You can't delete images from wiki galleries, only mods and staff can. You can only delete images from your own profile gallery.