Problems uploading (additional) cover art

Senter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Senter

I've tried uploading several alternative cover images to some comic-books. The pictures show up in my own "images" gallery but not in the comics' pages.

After uploading those cover images I can press two differing buttons to finish the upload - "my edit queue" and "refresh page".
Pressing either button will bring up the "confirmation" popup, telling me that proceeding will undo all my changes. I cannot do anything else but to press one of the buttons, though.

Is that normal?

I was able to upload additional cover art without the confirmation popup yesterday. Those also showed up on the respective comic pages.
But today all attempts fail.
I'd be glad if anyone could shine some light on the cause of the problem.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

It will always tell you your changes have been accepted and to refresh the page. You cannot add credits or info to the issue at the same time as a new cover image. Since you do not have live edit, any cover you submit will go to be moderated by one of us.

Senter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Senter
@jloneblackheart: 
Thanks for replying but I'm afraid you misunderstood my problem.

Submissions that are waiting for moderation should be in "my edit queue". None of the cover artworks I submitted are in my "Wiki Submissions" list. (Nor are they in my "Image Submissions" list). 
The 3 cover arts I uploaded yesterday are in the list and signed as "approved". Any cover art I uploaded after those doesn't appear in that list.

Since pressing the "refresh page"-popup cancels my changes (only when uploading cover art), my uploads never reach the moderators, I assume?
Or where do I go wrong?
Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
@Senter:  If you edit the page, then upload a cover it should show you the prompt you are seeing (to view your subs or refresh). If you click either it takes you away from the page you just edited. If you changed anything on the page and then add a new cover, it will warn you that you are navigating away and your changes will not be saved. You can't add a cover and make changes in the same edit.  If you made changes they were not saved when you added a cover and navigated away from the page.

Changing a cover will not appear in your pending subs queue. It will also not appear in your pending images queue, because that has never really worked. Look at this image. I assure you, I have added images to the site. 

No Caption Provided

I hope I understood correctly this time.
Senter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Senter
@jloneblackheart:
 I'm still a little confused. My first 3 wiki uploads were additional cover art and all 3 show up in my "Wiki Submissions"-list as "approved".
No other of my cover art uploads are shown there, but as you insinuated, they all appeared eventually.

All good now. You can lock this thread, if you like.
Thanks for taking the time and aiding me!