Printing Comic Vine pages?

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Prodigal Son

I'm trying to print Comic Vine encyclopedia pages, and I'm having problems. No matter what settings I try I get only three pages (no matter how long/short the page is). The first page is just the masthead with the background image, as is the third. The middle page is the first page of whatever entry I'm trying to print, but even it does not print correctly (images are funky sizes, etc.)

Anyone else having problems? I'm on a Mac OS X, and printing from Firefox 2.

Avatar image for captain_cascader
Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Captain Cascader

Ooh, sounds like a good one day project for me next weekend. I can make some print friendly versions.

What pages are the ones we'd like printable?

Overview for sure, and i'm guess the comic list, as in, print out a list of all Uncanny X-Men?

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Prodigal Son

Yeah, any encyclopedia entries and the comic lists. I can't think of anything else I'd really like to be able to print. Some people might like to print out their My Vine page or blogs. Reviews (and maybe news) are potential candidates.

Thanks, Cap

Intervener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Intervener

It works fine in Windows, though I have only printed out one page.

Maybe........ Microsoft has sabotaged the coding of the site? That's something that they would do.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Prodigal Son

Just a heads up. Printing seems to work fine on Safari (at least for me).

@Intervener: Nah, Micro$haft wouldn't sabotage the site. Steal ideas and sell them as their own, yes, but not sabotage.

Nameless one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nameless one

you know that would help cos my friends want to read my blogs would help me out alot if I could print them

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck

Nameless one says:

"you know that would help cos my friends want to read my blogs would help me out alot if I could print them"

Have them come to the site to read them and increase our traffic at the same time.

P-Man, surprised it works for you in Safari. I'm stuck with safari at work and it's a piece of $#!& for me there. I can't read comments on the news. Maybe we have an older edition. Or maybe it's the piece of $#!& iMac I have to use. (haha).

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Prodigal Son

I have the same problems in Safari, and hardly ever use it unless there's a specific problem (like the printing) in Firefox. I was surprised that it worked also, but I think in this case one of Safari's limitations actually helped print the page.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gmanfromheck

I can't stand safari because of those limitation. I tried getting our tech guy to add firefox but he said it's not secure enough on our server or some bs like that. And they've basically given up on explorer. I can't even add news proper on safari. Err!

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Prodigal Son

I don't get Firefox not being secure. That sounds like crap, especially since there are so many add ons that you could make it secure. That sounds a little like laziness.

Exploder hasn't been updated on the Mac in something like 2+ years, so I can't blame them for getting rid of it. Of course, I would get rid of it anyway. I have a nearly unreasoning hate of all things Micro$loth.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gmanfromheck

The funny thing is they didn't get rid of it, just abandoned it. It's still there. It freezes like Iceman's balls whenever I tried to use it. Trying to access this site on it is a joke.