#1  Edited By fesak  Moderator
iwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By iwan

It looks like it's from the 90s. It could look alright if it was done better. As for the power ratings, can you just put in anything you want, or is it directly linked to the actual power rankings ?

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Why not stick it in a gallery for the character?

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

There doesn't seem to be a common contributer. We do need to get these things stopped.

Octagon Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Octagon Enigma

I'll tell everybody now that I've put a few in, but mine look fine and are official ratings. But yes, some do look bad. Should they be stopped altogether?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By fesak  Moderator

It can look really wacky on some screen resolutions. I don't see what it contributes, really.

Octagon Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Octagon Enigma

fesak says:

"It can look really wacky on some screen resolutions. I don't see what it contributes, really."

I like them because it gives an idea of how powerful they really are, and can be used for comparison purposes, sort of like a "Haha!" for battles.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Octagon Enigma says:

"fesak says:
"It can look really wacky on some screen resolutions. I don't see what it contributes, really."

I like them because it gives an idea of how powerful they really are, and can be used for comparison purposes, sort of like a "Haha!" for battles."

Yeah if there placed neatly I dont see the problem with em.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

fesak says:

Like mine, both of those are forced under the powers list, leaving a huge gap in the bio.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#10  Edited By gmanfromheck

fesak says:

I think what it "contributes" is obvious. I them. It's crap like this that may make us just not allow the use of html on the pages. It's a waste of my time having to delete them and points.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Well I guess that settles that now doesn't it :P

Are they not accurate? I've never used one but I see em on alot of pages an never saw a problem. I don't think everyone who puts one on a page does it just for points. You guys are paranoid.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gmanfromheck

It's just like the drop down menus. Tell me those weren't done for points. There were some put up on characters' pages that only had a paragraph or two. I really wish people would take pride in their submissions. It only takes a few to ruin it for everyone.

And let me say that I do like the use of html in some cases. It does help to enhance pages. Problem is, it's not only my decision. People just need to know how to use it and use it correctly in appropriate places.
Post Edited:2007-10-14 10:59:27

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Alright, I've an idea, G-Man, how about we all help you delete them?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Eternal Chaos

acewasp23 says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Alright, I've an idea, G-Man, how about we all help you delete them?"
i think they still have to aprove all the deletion submissions unless you have 1000 points or more. "
Than everybody with over 1000 points should help do it. When I do more submissions (Spider-Man when One More Day 3 comes out) I'll get 1000 points and help
Post Edited:2007-10-14 11:06:37
acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By acewasp23

Eternal Chaos says:

i think they still have to aprove all the deletion submissions unless you have 1000 points or more.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16  Edited By Ms. Invisible

acewasp23 says:

"Eternal Chaos says:

i think they still have to aprove all the deletion submissions unless you have 1000 points or more. "

I think it would still need to be approved because it's a major change (I think. Are they just big chunks of HTML?).

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Ghostshell

G-Man says:

"It's just like the drop down menus. Tell me those weren't done for points. There were some put up on characters' pages that only had a paragraph or two. I really wish people would take pride in their submissions. It only takes a few to ruin it for everyone.And let me say that I do like the use of html in some cases. It does help to enhance pages. Problem is, it's not only my decision. People just need to know how to use it and use it correctly in appropriate places.
Post Edited:2007-10-14 10:59:27"

I saw that as well, put I still dont think you can just say they did it for points. they may have actually thought it contributed to the character. I could be wrong (happens alot :P) I just dont know if you can label whoever did it as doing it just for points. The reason I say this, is cause I'm fairly sure I know who does this, and he doesnt seem like the type who is only concerned with points. Having said that, I will help fix it if I can.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Ghostshell

G-Man says:

"They could always be added anonymously then :pPlus from a visual aspect, you can imagine what RedLAMP and Cascader must think after they put all the work into making the site so visually appealing. "

I hear ya. I sent you two for deletion. Do I get points for that :P

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gmanfromheck

They could always be added anonymously then :p

Plus from a visual aspect, you can imagine what RedLAMP and Cascader must think after they put all the work into making the site so visually appealing.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Eternal Chaos

G-Man says:

"They could always be added anonymously then :p Plus from a visual aspect, you can imagine what RedLAMP and Cascader must think after they put all the work into making the site so visually appealing. "

Yeah, I love the color scheme. It looks so nice 'n purty.

Octagon Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Octagon Enigma

I'll help delete if that's what you guys want. G-Man, would you object if I tried to find a better power grid code? I just don't want to see html banned, it can really improve pages sometimes.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

You still need a deletion approved if you have over a thousand points, unless you also add enough to bring it back.

Power grids should go, as should anything in the text besides (good) pictures.

As for drop downs (I've added a couple on my pages), I think we need a concensus. Either we have them on every page (with content), pages over a certain length or not at all. I'm in favour of the last one and don't mind deleting mine if that's what we are ALL doing.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

I just deleted Doom's and submitted

Octagon Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Octagon Enigma

I agree, this power-grids are too bulky, and the code is too big as to where it gives too many points. We need a simpler, more betterest power-grid design that gives maybe fifty points AT THE MOST.

As for drop downs, I agree that it should be on all that meet the criteria or not at all. The code on them is freakin' huge, and gives far too many points, which that could be toned down somehow. But I'm all for deleting both if that's what's necessary.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Maybe we need some sort of menu that you get in lots of wikis with links to the sections. Maybe just a tick box to include it on the page in the editor, then you could put your links in it for a handful of points rather than over 100 as you get now for the drop down code. I don't know how easy that would be for LAMP and Cap to put in, but some sort of standardisation would prevent html abuse.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#26  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I don't like the power grids not just because people who put them in are just trying to get points, but because they look bad, they're often incorrect, and they can easily mess up the page (when used correctly or incorrectly). I'd like to keep the drop down menus (and like one of CS's options, use them only on pages with a certain length in text) but if we have to get rid of HTML altogether to stop the power grids, it might be worth it to lose them.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gmanfromheck

King of Kings says:

"G-Man says:
"They could always be added anonymously then :pPlus from a visual aspect, you can imagine what RedLAMP and Cascader must think after they put all the work into making the site so visually appealing. "

I hear ya. I sent you two for deletion. Do I get points for that :P"

Octagon Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Octagon Enigma

Buckshot says:

"I don't like the power grids not just because people who put them in are just trying to get points, but because they look bad, they're often incorrect, and they can easily mess up the page (when used correctly or incorrectly). I'd like to keep the drop down menus (and like one of CS's options, use them only on pages with a certain length in text) but if we have to get rid of HTML altogether to stop the power grids, it might be worth it to lose them."

Perhaps. Just for the record, I didn't add mine for points, I added those because I was tired of people arguing about how you can't compare certain characters in the battles section. But there has to be a better way than getting rid of HTML out right.

G-Man says:

"King of Kings says:
"G-Man says:

I hear ya. I sent you two for deletion. Do I get points for that :P"

" />http://www.research.att.com/areas/visualization/gpgpu/depth/points.jpg"

lmao

Octagon Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Octagon Enigma
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By gmanfromheck

Get RedLAMP's permission first.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#31  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

No.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By gmanfromheck

I also think it'd just be too easy to mess up. And even though they may serve some tiny purpose, people will try adding them for points, not caring if they are accurate or where they are placed. I'll leave it up to LAMP.

Octagon Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Octagon Enigma

G-Man says:

"I also think it'd just be too easy to mess up. And even though they may serve some tiny purpose, people will try adding them for points, not caring if they are accurate or where they are placed. I'll leave it up to LAMP."

Alright. I'm not sure how they could alter it (I know someone on here probably could) since it's a strict image file. Any alterations would be pretty obvious. I PM'ed Lamp though.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By fesak  Moderator

The thing with marvel's power grid is that it is often inaccurate and doesn't prove anything.

A teleporter automaticcally gets 7/7 on speed, whereas someone that actually has superspeed as a power can get as low as 3/7, and someone that has enhanced reflexes as a power can still get 2/7 on speed. There are similar problems on all the powers.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By fesak  Moderator
Octagon Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Octagon Enigma

fesak says:

"The thing with marvel's power grid is that it is often inaccurate and doesn't prove anything.A teleporter automaticcally gets 7/7 on speed, whereas someone that actually has superspeed as a power can get as low as 3/7, and someone that has enhanced reflexes as a power can still get 2/7 on speed. There are similar problems on all the powers."

It does prove what their abilities extend to as declared by Marvel.

There is a description page that clears up the reasoning on the stats. http://www.marvel.com/universe/OHOTMU:Power_Grids

fesak says:

"I just checked marvel.com and apparently Mary Jane has 5 in all statshttp://www.marvel.com/universe/Watson-Parker%2C_Mary_JaneSo there you go."

I'm guessing that's one of the errors they're talking about. It should be fixed in time. But that mistake is obvious. I think they would work, and they would enable the Vine to keep HTML.

Octagon Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Octagon Enigma

King of Kings says:

"For every **one** grid that is accurate, they have 20 that are not. "

Out of all, I've only seen that one that's inaccurate, except for those that haven't been done yet.

Colt Python says:

"How can you people sit here and talk about Marvel's power grids when you have Superhero power rankings on this very site based on fan vote alone.And Batman ownz everyone when it comes to the abilities he posesses I might add.
Post Edited:2007-10-15 07:40:19"

That's exactly why. Because it's a popularity contest here.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Ghostshell

For every one grid that is accurate, they have 20 that are not.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Octagon Enigma says:

"King of Kings says:
"For every **one** grid that is accurate, they have 20 that are not. "

Out of all, I've only seen that one that's inaccurate, except for those that haven't been done yet.

Colt Python says:

"How can you people sit here and talk about Marvel's power grids when you have Superhero power rankings on this very site based on fan vote alone.And Batman ownz everyone when it comes to the abilities he posesses I might add.
Post Edited:2007-10-15 07:40:19"

That's exactly why. Because it's a popularity contest here."

Dawg your the reason for this thread, every sub you make has one of these power grids on it. Even on Marvel, how can you say there an accurate depiction of there powers? Look at Captain America and Gambit's power ranking on Marvel, they have Gambit being smarter then Cap. Cap is a master tactician and his leadership skillz are legendary, yet somehow the Rajun Cajun is smarter? Come on man wake up. Those grids prove jack.

@ Colt, thats not an actual ranking system, everyone on here knows that. Its never been presented as anything but for fun. Thats how we can sit here and talk about Marvels power grid.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Octagon Enigma says:

"It does prove what their abilities extend to as declared by Marvel.There is a description page that clears up the reasoning on the stats. http://www.marvel.com/universe/OHOTMU:Power_Grids

So by that standard for example Gateway is faster than Quicksilver and that can't be argued?

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Octagon Enigma says:

"Okay, so here is what I thought could replace the old crap power grids. [IMG]
" />http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n268/barbaric_weasel/DrDoom.jpg[/IMG]"

I would imagine Marvel wouldn't be happy with us ripping it off.