Policy on Reprints

punji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Searched but couldn't find this addressed explicitly. (though I admit I could easily have missed).

What is the policy on adding reprints of comics and digital only reprints of comics? There are a few specific areas that I'm concerned about:

1. Reprint by new publisher (example Vampi from Dynamite previously published by Anarchy)
  2. Reprints by new publisher (or old I suppose) where they add a cover or reprints where they reuse the cover but change publisher etc.
  3. Reprints where the title is different example Adventures of Red Sonja from Dynamite is reprint of Marvel's Red Sonja She Devil with a Sword.
  4. Reprints where the issue numbers are different.

Should these reprints be added? If not it ends up being a bit confusing to people that don't necessarily realize that it's a reprint (particuarly when the covers and/or issue #s are different.

Is the policy different for digital only reprints vs ones where a paper copy is issued?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@punji: none of those examples should be added, reprints should only be added if the comic content is different, occasionally exceptions are given on a case by case basis.

punji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thanks. Guess I'll just maintain those by hand.