Points?

#1 Posted by Intervener (467 posts) - - Show Bio

What are the points for exactly?

#2 Posted by Prodigal Son (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

They are a "for fun" ranking mostly. The more point you have, the more posting privilege, such as instant live posting to encyclopedia entries.

Welcome to the Vine.

#3 Posted by Icoop (319 posts) - - Show Bio

Prurience Man says:

"They are a "for fun" ranking mostly. The more point you have, the more posting privilege, such as instant live posting to encyclopedia entries. Welcome to the Vine."

I totally don't see them as "for fun" I see them as priviledges, especially the live posting: I always see little misspells or grammar mistakes or just extra words (often in my own entries) I would correct them but... I dunno, it feels weird to correct something in 2 seconds and not actually see it for a like..15 hours. I think when I make an entry I always get all OCD over it and sit around comicvine waiting for it to get approved or not, like im hooked until I see that approved message to see whether it was accepted or not and how many points I got, and then I go look at it and read over it or look over it and double check everything I wrote. Anyhoo I'm getting there. (Halfway mark at this point I think :D)

#4 Posted by zero edge (3991 posts) - - Show Bio

Icoop says:

"Prurience Man says:
"They are a "for fun" ranking mostly. The more point you have, the more posting privilege, such as instant live posting to encyclopedia entries. Welcome to the Vine."

I totally don't see them as "for fun" I see them as priviledges, especially the live posting: I always see little misspells or grammar mistakes or just extra words (often in my own entries) I would correct them but... I dunno, it feels weird to correct something in 2 seconds and not actually see it for a like..15 hours. I think when I make an entry I always get all OCD over it and sit around comicvine waiting for it to get approved or not, like im hooked until I see that approved message to see whether it was accepted or not and how many points I got, and then I go look at it and read over it or look over it and double check everything I wrote. Anyhoo I'm getting there. (Halfway mark at this point I think :D)"

haha I get like that sometimes too... >_>

#5 Posted by Intervener (467 posts) - - Show Bio

It said something about new uses for points somewhere?

#6 Posted by Mind (259 posts) - - Show Bio

One day you'll be able to trade your points for Vodka or pretty pics.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
#7 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3733 posts) - - Show Bio

I got obsessive about it too. After 1000 you get live edit.

#8 Posted by Intervener (467 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm at 357, and I feel like they are important for some reason.

Avatar image for fourpower__r_i_p_
#9 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2057 posts) - - Show Bio

I use them as a motivation system to make the site better. I'm at 5000, and when I get to 6500, I'll be on the Top Ten list. That'll be cool. I also sort of like trying to pass people-I'm aiming for Blue_Shield right now.

Avatar image for thee_arch_angel_micheal
#10 Posted by Thee Arch Angel Micheal (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Its hard. Have you seen Invisible Womens, Wonder Woman edit? Thats crazy, its cool but I cant do that. I'll be making 6 points per submission.

#11 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2057 posts) - - Show Bio

My highest is History Of Comics, and that was a report for Social Studies. I build my points in increments of about 200, with a 400 every once in a while.

#12 Posted by zero edge (3991 posts) - - Show Bio

Intervener says:

"I'm at 357, and I feel like they are important for some reason."

lol I'm right behind you at rank 76 =P

#13 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2057 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Alpha says:

"Its hard. Have you seen Invisible Womens, Wonder Woman edit? Thats crazy, its cool but I cant do that. I'll be making 6 points per submission."

If you think that's crazy, go to the Hank Pym, Mr. Majestic, Booster Gold, Helspont, or Guy Gardner pages.

#14 Posted by Thee Arch Angel Micheal (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I saw those to. Maybe i can bribe one of the staff members.

#15 Posted by Intervener (467 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope that those weren't done all at once.

#16 Posted by fesak (8661 posts) - - Show Bio

Fourpower says:

"Dark Alpha says:
"Its hard. Have you seen Invisible Womens, Wonder Womanedit? Thats crazy, its cool but I cant do that. I'll be making 6 pointsper submission."

If you think that's crazy, go to the Hank Pym, Mr. Majestic, Booster Gold, Helspont, or Guy Gardner pages."

Or Aunt May. Someone really is a May fan.

Anyway, keep up the good work boys and girls, rumor has it that at 10.000 points you'll get your own Lunar Lander. With Blackjack... and hookers.

#17 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

Fourpower says:

"Dark Alpha says:
"Its hard. Have you seen Invisible Womens, Wonder Woman edit? Thats crazy, its cool but I cant do that. I'll be making 6 points per submission."

If you think that's crazy, go to the Hank Pym, Mr. Majestic, Booster Gold, Helspont, or Guy Gardner pages."

Why can't people spell my name right? It's Ms. Invisible. I like the Wonder Woman page, it's special.

#18 Posted by Darkchild (43005 posts) - - Show Bio

i know how the #$%k do u have that much info or comics i sure as hell dont i use what i have for help but damn thats alot

#19 Posted by shatterstar (5288 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"Fourpower says:
"Dark Alpha says:
"Its hard. Have you seen Invisible Womens, Wonder Womanedit? Thats crazy, its cool but I cant do that. I'll be making 6 pointsper submission."

Or Aunt May. Someone really is a May fan.

Anyway, keep up the good work boys and girls, rumor has it that at 10.000 points you'll get your own Lunar Lander. With Blackjack... and hookers."

The hookers are horrifying.

#20 Posted by Prodigal Son (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkchild says:

"i know how the #$%k do u have that much info or comics i sure as hell dont i use what i have for help but damn thats alot"

Can somebody translate this one for me?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
#21 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

"I've fallen and I can't get up."

#22 Posted by shatterstar (5288 posts) - - Show Bio

Prurience Man says:

"Darkchild says:
"i know how the #$%k do u have that much info or comics i sure as hell dont i use what i have for help but damn thats alot"

Can somebody translate this one for me?"

I know... how the (Dan Bakkedahl) do you have that much information or comics... I sure as hell don't....I use what I have for help but damn thats a lot.

#23 Posted by Thee Arch Angel Micheal (446 posts) - - Show Bio

I need points! Can someone check my Kandor edit? Thats right, I said Kandor.

#24 Posted by Prodigal Son (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

Patience. At this point, only Red L.A.M.P., Captain Cascader, and G-Man approve submissions. They do this on their free time, and always get to it as soon as they can.

The points will come.

#25 Posted by Nameless one (525 posts) - - Show Bio

i am not really sure if under any of my alliases I ever got any points

I was CB for a few months and never got any

so I guess we will see what happends over the next few months