Avatar image for originalsentinei
OriginalSentinei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By OriginalSentinei

Ok I wrote a somewhat in-depth summary for Spectacular Spider-Girl #1 (yes say what you will, this is the series I'm passionate about) and it was approved by the mods.  Today I went in and decided to add some  images of key panels from the issue into the summary to give it a little more substance.  I need to know if I am actually adding too much info to the page and getting into any kind of sticky copyright type issues.  I don't want to cause any problems or continue this kind of work on more pages just to have it deleted down the line.  If any mods could give it a quick once over and give me a thumbs up or down I'd appreciate it.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

I've written some fairly detailed plot summaries before now.  However, I try to give a running commentary as opposed to a full panel by panel description. 

That said, I can't see any need to add images or links into a plot summary.  There are lists for creators, characters, locations, objects, story arcs and concepts.  Therefore, there is no need to add links into the text.  And adding images squeezes the text in an already confined space.

As for the actual text.  The best tip I can give is write everything in the past tense.  Action can not continue to take part in the present tense.  Also, imagine if you're reading the page in 5 months time; it wont make any sense for a past issue to be written in the present tense.

Also, don't bother putting in things like 'aka' after a character's name.  Use character's code names.  It can be tricky if a character changes their codename.  In that situation, I tend to use the codename that they were using at the time the issue came out.  For instance, Dani Moonstar was originally called Psyche and later Mirage.  So for the early issues of New Mutants she was refered to as Psyche. 

But otherwise, it's good.  You gave a clear plot summary.  The kind of summary that helps someone if they're missing an issue in their comic collection (but they want to know what happened in the story).