Orient Wiki Project

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By takashichea

Hello everyone, I am Takashichea, Taka for short. I am primarily a wiki editor from Anime Vice which has a home at Anime Vice Boards for anyone who still remembers the Whiskey Media days. I do help out in Comic Vine, part time.

I am mainly working on the anime series. I will be online every Wednesday when the anime airs. I only created the first 3 characters that appeared in episode 1. However, I don't have much time to work on the manga series.

If anyone wants to jump in, please let me know!

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#1 pikahyper  Moderator

Slow but good start for the new season, hopefully simuldubs won't be as behind this season.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: I think Fall 2021 anime season was slow. This Winter 2022 anime season lack heavy hitters (I know Attack on Titan is here. There is nothing else) and below the radar underrated hitters (IE: Made in Abyss, Odd Taxi, Ranking of Kings). I am okay with slow shows.

Orient was weak in its pilot episode.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@takashichea: Well we still have Demon Slayer, Arifureta, World's End Harem & How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Part 2. I've really been looking forward to Realist and I was quite happy with Leadale, Tokyo 24-ku & Police in a Pod (had been looking forward to this as well). Looks like some decent isekai to. Orient did have some problems but it has potential, they need better monster designs and probably less talking but I've noticed the manga is extremely text heavy.

I think I'm one of the few that isn't looking forward to AOT, I've liked the world building in the later part but the rest has been fairly boring, I've been dragging my feet finishing the manga and as I think about it I've been doing that for a lot of shonen type stuff that I normally like like Dr. Stone, Promised Neverland, Demon Slayer, Toriko, etc. I've been reading a ton of manga lately but its mostly been laid back, isekai or slice of life type stuff: Realist, Devil is a Part-Timer, New Game, Farming Life, Death March, Maison Ikkoku, Royal Tutor, Horamiya, Barakamon, Yotsuba, etc. With my retirement I've been watching a lot of anime as well but it's mostly the same genres and nothing long, been gravitating towards dubs a lot more as well since there hasn't been much on regular tv.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: That is good. Enjoy your retirement.

I'll sample the shows. The ones I think I get into are Police in a Pod, Miss Kuroitsu from the Monster Development Department, Princess Connect Season 2, Requiem of the Rose King, Sabikui Bisco,

I know I will watch Attack on Titan and Orient regardless. Attack on Titan's season 1 and 2 - they were glaciers because they caught up to the manga. That was unfortunate.

The rest like Leadale - I just watched to kill time because they are cute or interesting.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pikahyper  Moderator

@takashichea: I need to go back and finish Connect Season 1, I liked that one but I stalled on it with a few episodes left for some reason.

You should check out Realist if you like world building, people either love it or really hate it, I can't get enough of that kind of stuff.

I finally caught of with the Shield Hero manga, can't wait for the next anime season. I started Reprise of the Spear Hero but so far blegh can't get into it.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pikahyper  Moderator
takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll try out Realist. Never heard of the isekai. They cease to amaze me with the way they keep it fresh with absurd titles and premises.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pikahyper  Moderator

@takashichea: It is amazing what some people can come up with, being reborn as a vending machine in a fantasy world just seems ridiculous but it works somehow.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been a while, man. Hello.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By takashichea

@lowlaville

I am so sorry. I do not remember you. Were you part of the old Anime Vice and what areas did you frequent, the battle forums, wiki, rpg?

@pikahyper

Let's hope it gets an anime adaptation.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pikahyper  Moderator

@takashichea: That would certainly be interesting and more deserving then some stuff getting animated these days.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By takashichea

@pikahyper

How do you guys keep a track of things you made besides making a personal list on your user page? I just realized Comic Vine doesn't have "Franchise" wiki pages where all the pages you made for associations are automatically categorized like back in Screened, Giant Bomb and Anime Vice.

Edit: Or a category page you see in Wikia.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pikahyper  Moderator

@takashichea: Your wiki history is the closest to what you are talking about but it is just a basic chrono list and not very useful that's why we use personal lists.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Oh I see. I have to be more proactive and on top with my personal list.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pikahyper  Moderator

@takashichea: like anything once it becomes a habit it gets much easier.