New issue rejected

azuravian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I tried to add a new issue (Issue 3) of Castle in the Stars on 09/26 and it was rejected saying that it hadn't been released yet. I got mine through Amazon, but the moderator said it hadn't been released to comic shops. I just checked Midtown Comics and they have Issue 3 in stock with a release date of 09/25. Midtown Comics

What resource is being checked for official release, so I know not to add issues that will just be rejected?

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

@Azuravian: From the looks of it, you tried adding the issue a little too early. We try to only add new issues the day before they're meant to be released.

azuravian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks Cloudguy. I understand the day before release rule, but in this case I tried to add it on 09/26 and it appears to have been released to Midtown Comics on 09/25. I tried to add the day after. I have found a couple other comic shops that sell online who don't have it yet, so I'm wondering if there is a specific source CV mods use to determine the official "day before release"? It seems strange that a comic that I was able to buy in physical format on Amazon two weeks ago can't be added to CV.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#5 pikahyper  Moderator

@Azuravian: I use Diamond, they are the distributor for comic shops, some comic stores and some comic publishers also use other distributors so on occasion the mass market will get something before comic stores and sometimes larger comic stores will get graphic novels a week or two early (for some reason East Coast comic stores on rare occasions will get stuff from Diamond a week or two earlier then the West Coast as well).

I'm not sure what is up with Castle in the Stars, in my experience First Second doesn't usually ship stuff at different times but yes the mass market edition has come out as well as the Kindle version but it is delayed for comic shops and has not been released on comiXology even though it is the same as Kindle.

As a general rule of thumb we go by comic shops and their only real distributor Diamond, if we add early releases from the mass market comic shop users can get confused so it's best to add it the day before comic shops then include a note about other releases.

azuravian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the info. Very helpful.