My Case For Alt Characters:

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 32

I don't understand why I can't add Lord Superman. He appeared in Superman: Multiplicity, and his earth appeared in a guidebook.Earth 50, if you are just wondering. Lord Superman isn't like Injustice. He is more like Ultraman or Batman Who Laughs. Comicvine should have a policy to allow Alternate characters that crossed over to the main continuity or interacted with one or more characters.

Comicvine is online encyclopedia, and resource. It shouldn't have those restrictions. Maybe new coming readers would interested in those alt versions of characters.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

@elvinisaev42: I think it would be worth having a look at this old thread as it'll give context for my opinion here.

What exactly differentiates this version of Superman from any evil version? You've already mentioned the Injustice version which doesn't have a page of his own and doesn't sound that different from the one you're proposing to add. I'm not caught up on modern DC so you'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge, but it just seems to be another generic alternate character to be the villain of the run.

Does he have a new powerset? Have his appearances impacted the overall universe or is it a character that will quickly be forgotten after his run? What exactly warrants a page dedicated to this character?

However, the generalised problem with adding alternate universe characters to the wiki is that it can (a) be used maliciously to quickly gain points without adding any meaningful information. (b), Requires a lot of work to crawl through all of the appearances to change over the appearances and (c) the amount of work to properly do it requires multiple editors to do.

As you're a new wiki editor, you may want to start building up the points and a name for yourself before you consider such a huge task if a moderator allows it.