Missing Covers

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 13

I was just wondering, I have noticed that a lot of wiki pages have informative boxes detailing different covers, but in a lot of cases those covers are missing. Is there a list somewhere of issues missing covers?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator
BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pikahyper  Moderator

@blueecho: ah, it's not always possible to find every cover, for that specific issue I have all the covers and will be adding them today, I would have added them yesterday but I was busy.

So you are asking if their is a list somewhere listing what is missing so you can fill them in? if so then no there isn't, people tend to just add what they can, I'm the main person adding the cover table and most covers these days but I'm always glad for help.

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh OK, I tend to get some stuff that maybe others might not get their hands on because I get a lot of advance issues (though not from Zenescope at the moment.)

Let me know if there is something that is missing.

A lot of it seems to be Zenescope though?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pikahyper  Moderator

@blueecho: I actually get a lot of advanced stuff as well as in everything from certain publishers so its not really a major problem, some publishers can be very late or inconsistent though so that's the only real problem, Zenescope specifically has been slipping a lot and they usually release digital covers a week early but the print covers don't show up until the day of release or after in some cases at which point I download them and replace the digital versions, normally I replace them on Wednesday but my Wednesdays have been busy the past month so all my replacements have been delayed to Thursday-Friday.

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BlueEcho

@pikahyper: Ah I see. Do you write for another website?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pikahyper  Moderator

@blueecho: nah I'm no writer, I am a comic retailer with ties to the industry though and publishers/creators appreciate what I do for them in the wiki :)

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: I am a writer for another site, and I use the wiki a lot for cover images for reviews, seeing as the size is already pretty close to what I need, and as it saves looking around a lot. I guess most of the covers that are uploaded are yours, so thanks

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pikahyper  Moderator

@blueecho: that's what they are there for :) if you want the highest quality images available open the covers from the wiki in another tab and if you see scale_large in the url change it to original and you'll get the original full size unscaled image as it was uploaded, much better quality.

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Oh good to know, but I use thumbnails in reviews, so it doesn't really matter about the size, and for other applications I just need an image that is 652 wide, which is usually close to what is there.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pikahyper  Moderator