marvel new releases

ljflowers68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

how come marvel release take so long to show up while dc new releases show up day of release on the wiki?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

@ljflowers68: Just the order I add them in, I add hundreds and hundreds of new releases each week but all the Marvel variants and collections tend to move it towards the back of the line since it takes so much longer per issue. On the opposite end DC get added day of because there are fewer releases before Wednesday.

ChrisHelming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there any way we can help? I'd be more than willing to help get stuff up quicker.

@ljflowers68: Just the order I add them in, I add hundreds and hundreds of new releases each week but all the Marvel variants and collections tend to move it towards the back of the line since it takes so much longer per issue. On the opposite end DC get added day of because there are fewer releases before Wednesday.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#4 pikahyper  Moderator

@chrishelming: new releases have to be earned, takes a lot of work and dedication, they are too important to the site to let just anyone add. People just have to be patient.

ClayM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chrishelming: new releases have to be earned, takes a lot of work and dedication, they are too important to the site to let just anyone add. People just have to be patient.

Please let us help you :D

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

If you guys wanted to help more, I would highly recommend getting yourselves out of the moderation queue. Can’t really help adding new releases if a mod has to double check everything you do anyway. Slows the process down even further.

ClayM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy said:

If you guys wanted to help more, I would highly recommend getting yourselves out of the moderation queue. Can’t really help adding new releases if a mod has to double check everything you do anyway. Slows the process down even further.

any recommendation on how to do that?

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claym:Honestly, there is no go-to option for getting out of the moderation queue. Just make enough edits to hit 5000 points and you'll be out of it. However, if you're solely after adding new Marvel releases, Pikahyper may have you beat there. I've been asking for years if Pika needs any help. One man army wiki mod.

But, if you are serious about doing it, I've got several lists worth of wiki content in need of some work. It doesn't have to be a huge edit, just small ones here and there go a long way. I myself started on the U.K. Panini Comics to get the just of how the wiki works and exactly what kind of content counts as good content. Now I've basically made the Series section of the wiki what it is today. Although that's a bit of an over-exaggeration, it's still a lot of work gone into the wiki.

Remember, it takes time for moderated posts to go through, and even then, they are sometimes declined. And if they are? Don't get angsty, there is always a reason and a mod is more than likely willing to help point you in the right direction as they just want what's best for the wiki.

bigby65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy said:

@claym:Honestly, there is no go-to option for getting out of the moderation queue. Just make enough edits to hit 5000 points and you'll be out of it. However, if you're solely after adding new Marvel releases, Pikahyper may have you beat there. I've been asking for years if Pika needs any help. One man army wiki mod.

But, if you are serious about doing it, I've got several lists worth of wiki content in need of some work. It doesn't have to be a huge edit, just small ones here and there go a long way. I myself started on the U.K. Panini Comics to get the just of how the wiki works and exactly what kind of content counts as good content. Now I've basically made the Series section of the wiki what it is today. Although that's a bit of an over-exaggeration, it's still a lot of work gone into the wiki.

Remember, it takes time for moderated posts to go through, and even then, they are sometimes declined. And if they are? Don't get angsty, there is always a reason and a mod is more than likely willing to help point you in the right direction as they just want what's best for the wiki.

Except they have refused EVERY edit I have ever tried to make, so it is nearly impossible to get to this magical "5000 points" number. Yet they still have absolutely no problem doing dozens of manga releases EVERY WEEK before even starting on English language releases. Why is that? Lately it takes until the next week to get other publishers' releases added. If you truly want help, this "point system" is ridiculous!

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigby65: Right... I understand your frustration when it comes to getting edits declined especially if you're well-intentioned and want to contribute to the site. It happened to me a few times when I first started so I know where you are coming from. I also feel that the tone is unwarranted considering you've only had two posts denied in the space of a 10 month period and it's only 3 edits. I had a look at your edit history and the moderator who declined your edits gave feedback on each of your submissions and they were all easy to fix problems such as you put something in the wrong place or you just needed a bigger/higher quality image.

In regards to why manga releases are prioritized over the U.S. comic releases are mainly down to the person who adds them to the site every week. Nine times out of ten is that it's normally a lot easier to add manga to the site compared to comics. Manga will normally just have a front and back cover image that needs adding, a creator or two, and a dozen or so characters. Comics on the other hand can have 10+ covers for just a single issue with a dozen creators and characters, it's just about adding the easier stuff first. And sometimes life gets in the way and it slows things down; after all, it is a community-based wiki at the end of the day.

If you are genuinely interested in contributing to the wiki, as I said in my previous post here, there are dozens of smaller pages you can work on to build up those points quicker. You'll be surprised at how quickly those points build up. I got a huge majority of my points when I started working on the U.K. branch of Panini Comics by just adding associations to those issues. Adding new releases is something the moderators take seriously and it is something that they don't let new people do as sometimes they have to go back and add missing information or correct mistakes. It makes their life easier.

cirsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi.

I'm no where near the 5000 points needed for a new issue, but is there a point count needed to add an entire new series, ie new issue of a new series?

Our is that only allowed the a select few?

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#12 KillerZ  Moderator

@cirsten: You don't need 5000 points to add new issues or volumes. But every edit you make before that number goes through mod queue, for us to double check.