#1 Posted by DeathHero61 (18379 posts) - - Show Bio

I like putting little quotes here and there, but for the simplest and smallest sentences it doesn't fully show up....

Is there a specific character limit?

This is what I wanted to post:

"If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically... Only then will they reveal their true self as a liar—hiding beneath a layer of deceit!"- Kokichi Ouma

#2 Edited by pikahyper (18269 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#3 Posted by DeathHero61 (18379 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: Are you sure? Because the quote above is 187 characters but it doesn't fully fit, it always cuts off at a certain point.

#4 Posted by pikahyper (18269 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: I've never paid much attention to it, the limit should be the same as the limit for posting on a users wall since it is part of the same system and that has a 200 character limit, it's possible they have separate limits but they like to reuse code a lot so I've assumed they had the same limit. Its possible they used a custom amount for it, if so I would guess 180 so it would match twitter since syncing your status pulls your tweets, it would be weird to connect it to twitter and then have a lower limit.

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by Billy Batson (60716 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: I've never paid much attention to it, the limit should be the same as the limit for posting on a users wall since it is part of the same system and that has a 200 character limit, it's possible they have separate limits but they like to reuse code a lot so I've assumed they had the same limit. Its possible they used a custom amount for it, if so I would guess 180 so it would match twitter since syncing your status pulls your tweets, it would be weird to connect it to twitter and then have a lower limit.

Twitter switched to 280 characters recently, though.

BB

#6 Posted by pikahyper (18269 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#7 Posted by Billy Batson (60716 posts) - - Show Bio