Imprints vs Publisher

xyberdawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Are Imprints Ignored on this Database? I see very few Imprints listed on here. Everything seems grouped by Main Publisher. Instead of the Imprint.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

@xyberdawg: Are you able to give an example of this?

xyberdawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are many. Most are Independent studios. The entire Danger Zone imprint isnt used, instead Action Labs is used on all the Danger Zone comics. Zombie Tramp, Vampblade, Danger Doll Squad and many more.

The only cases I see the Imprint being used are on the Big Three.

DC

• Vertigo
  • Wildstorm

Marvel

• Max

• TopCow

Its possible that because they are Indie Studios nobody submitted the new company and they just used the main publisher. Where as the Big Three imprints were at one time separate publishers that got acquired, and became imprints.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

@xyberdawg:It's most likely the latter. Imprints nowadays would just be put under the main publisher as it's easier to find them and keep everything under one roof when it comes to editing. Although @pikahyper may be able to answer this better than I can.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 579

#5 pikahyper  Moderator

@cloudguy said:

@xyberdawg:It's most likely the latter. Imprints nowadays would just be put under the main publisher as it's easier to find them and keep everything under one roof when it comes to editing. Although @pikahyper may be able to answer this better than I can.

Yep easier to find, back in the day I tried to get an imprint field added to volumes below publisher so both could be listed and searched through but it never got any traction.

xyberdawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: imprint field would be incredible. I Guess the only way around that would be to submit a concept for imprints? Which is counter intuitive, but it could at least link them together.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 579

#7 pikahyper  Moderator

@xyberdawg: its been discussed in the past, concepts are cluttered up as it is.