How to search for multiple characters in the same issue?

Edtion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello

I was watching a video from the Marvel Heroes where Madam Hydra fought Elektra and it made me want to see if that ever happened in the comics.

I was trying to use one of the searches here to find Elektra AND Madame Hydra, but I could only find one or the other, or both of them but not necessarily at the same time.

I was wondering if there was some tag or other option I'm suppose to use to do this kind of search, or if this isn't a current feature of comicvine.

Thanks for any assistance.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

You can't.

BB

Edtion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOOOOOOOOOO

XO

X_X

Thanks

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#4  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@edtion: well you can search and find every issue that those two characters are in in a single search query but not combined appearances, you'd have to manually go through the 1003 combined appearances to find where they overlap which is a total of 13 issues.

Edtion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As in opening each and every link separately and scrolling through the list of characters to see if I find both of them in the same page?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pikahyper  Moderator

@edtion: yep, if you go to Browse>Issues you add both characters and then sort alphabetically, you can cut down on the results by adding additional filters though such as a start year equal to the the newer characters first appearance (Elektra, 1982) so you can add the year range as 1982 to 2014, you can further filter by adding the publisher, Marvel, and that will get rid of non-US comics and that'll drop the 1003 to 701, from there you just open up issue pages in other tabs and look at the appearances (trades can be skipped).

Edtion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won't be doing any of that, but thanks.

I also like that you tag my name in your post, that way I don't have to come back to this thread to see if someone replied (I can just see the notification that's sent to me)

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@edtion: anyone can do it, just mouse over a post and you can reply or quote.