As of Tuesday, September 24 (2013), we will now be able to add television shows and individual episodes to the wiki. This has been asked for time and again, and finally it is being implemented on the site.
In terms of rolling out the new additions though, there does need to be some ground rules for what gets added. Please consider the following points when adding a show (these points have been compiled from other discussions):
1. The main goal here is to expand the knowledge basis of what would be considered "comic book characters." As an example we are looking for the 1940s Superman serials, the 1960s Batman live action series or the early animated Spider Man. That is to say if a series featured a character from one of the Big Two then it is a safe bet that we want it. Please keep in mind that the (not just a few episodes here and there) must be comic related to be added and by comic related we mean based on comic characters or be the source material for comics.
2. With the above in mind, it is important to also judge the merits of what we want to add and how much of it is core to characters that are not as well developed in comics. This is within the discretion of the editor, but consider how much of the character belongs to the other forms of media and how much belongs to comics. As a ground rule, if a character has less than 20 appearances in comics, and has more than that in television shows, the character is far more established in those shows and the show does not necessarily need to be added. This is not to say that these shows cannot be added, only that such shows with this discrepancy should be checked with a moderator first.
3. In light of the previous points, at the time being there should be no shows attached which feature primarily public domain characters, or shows which feature historical characters. Just like we don't add the movie Lincoln to the wiki because Abraham Lincoln has appeared in comics, we should not add such shows to the wiki. Again though, if you want to plead your case, I am sure a moderator will hear you out.
4. There has been a fair amount of interest in terms of comic book references in television shows. To be clear added shows should include a comic book character as a character in the show. Thus if characters in television shows cosplay (OC, Bones), discuss comics (Comic Book Guys), use comic design (Face Off, Heroes of Cosplay) or just generally focus on superheroes at random moments (Seinfeld) then it is not what we are after. However, as there has been a fair amount of interest in these television shows, there might be a concept created in the future dealing with the interaction of comics with television.
5. TV show exclusive characters, teams and locations be added to the wiki, the standard rule still applies so there must be at least one comic appearance before a page can be added.
6. Unlike for comics where every cover is different and thus characters can be added solely by an appearance on a cover, for television series only characters in the story itself should be included. As an example, there is a montage at the beginning of each Justice League Unlimited episode, and most of the characters contained in the montage do not appear in the story itself.