#1 Posted by hmhrex (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there currently any way to distinguish between graphic novels, trade paperbacks and comics books?

I know some of this is done in descriptions, but it would be really great to have fields for this.

It would also be nice to be able to see which comics books are collected into which trade paperbacks. I could also see this being useful where you could cascade the characters, creators, story arcs, etc. from the comic books to the trade paperbacks.

If this doesn't exist yet, is there a way to put in a feature request?

#2 Edited by Cloudguy (2154 posts) - - Show Bio

@hmhrex: While a feature like this does not exist and it may be a useful feature. It's something that probably won't happen.

As you said, a lot of the ways to differentiate between a Comic and TPB/GN is in the description another way to find it is through the story arc page if you are looking for a specific story-line. If a TPB came out for the arc, it would be listed on the arc's page. Another thing is that if done correctly, the GN/TPB should list what is collected.

#3 Posted by hmhrex (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy - Right. And people have been doing a great job at that! I guess I'm speaking more from the API end of things. It would make things a little clearer when searching.

#4 Posted by Cloudguy (2154 posts) - - Show Bio

@hmhrex: Sadly the only engineer who was working on the site seemed to have stopped so any future updates may not come out for a while, so until then, adding the issues the way we have been is the best way we can do it until a simpler feature comes out.

#5 Posted by hmhrex (17 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Cloudguy (2154 posts) - - Show Bio