Default imates.

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By NiteFly

Come on, people. We're still getting a lot of crappy images chosen for default images. Make sure that most of the action (face at least) is in the top portion of the photo so the square preview at least looks good on the browse page.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Prodigal Son

Could you point out specific pages/examples? It could just be that those of us with the power to change the images have not gotten around to changing the default image from the one originally uploaded.

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NiteFly

Can't give a specific example because I just changed a few. No it's not the images that haven't been changed yet. For instance the image that was recently the default for spider-man had most of the action towards the center/bottom so in the preview there was almost nothing. The point is that for some reason people keep changing images that really don't need to be changed and those changes are not always for the better. When there is a good image (looks good, works with preview, is consistent with the character's current status) then please don't change it.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

Here we go again. Maybe there needs to be a meeting of The Three to discuss this problem...

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Prodigal Son

Is it possible to know who is doing the changing, then take away the power just from those who are the culprits.

Maybe the person doing it is unaware that they are causing a problem (however unlikely that seems). Sometimes they may pick an image that looks good on the character's page, but doesn't look good in the preview (because the didn't check the preview image afterward). Education may be the key here.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#6  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

It'd be a shame if we lost the privilege because a few people are misusing it.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck

It was mentioned before that there is only a few of us with that "power." This isn't Big Brother. If someone has that many points, they should get the way the site works. It only takes one bad banana to spoil the bunch. If someone does have that many points, they should be aware how the image will appear and so forth. You can't earn that many points without having gone around here.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Prodigal Son

I know, and I agree. I guess I just like giving folks the benefit of the doubt. Sigh, I get the feeling this power is going to be short lived.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By fesak  Moderator

I thought that if the person with the most points has the final saying, isn't it so?

Also i think that the pic should reflect the characters current status, so for example i changed Gambit's pic into black Gambit, but i see how this could annoy some people.

NiteFly, any examples would be good because it could be that whoever changed the picture might have a reason.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Prodigal Son

Maybe if ONLY the person who has the most points on the page could change it, then we would know exactly who did it. Then, if the pic is crappy, the community can raise a fuss for an explanation, maybe get the person to change it back. If it is then still really bad, then The Three could overrule and set it appropriately.

Or, conversely, we could all do our part and do it correctly the first time and not create extra work for the staff.

Just a thought.

Avatar image for thee_arch_angel_micheal
Thee Arch Angel Micheal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fesak says:

"I thought that if the person with the most points has the final saying, isn't it so? Also i think that the pic should reflect the characters current status, so for example i changed Gambit's pic into black Gambit, but i see how this could annoy some people. NiteFly, any examples would be good because it could be that whoever changed the picture might have a reason."

That sounds like a good idea. The pic should be the most recent avalible.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By zero edge

Well if you must know, I changed the Spider-Man image to that one that your complaining about. Then I decided to use the one that is current right now. And the main reason I changed it away from the previous symbiote Spider-Man picture is because that one was way to dark, and I was testing out what would look good.
Post Edited:2007-04-28 19:22:33

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gmanfromheck
NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NiteFly

Sorry for the complaining, it just seems that every time I look at the main page things are changed again, and many aren't for the better. Really, if the default image for a character works don't bother changing it.