Create separate Ravager page?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Rose Wilson used to be called Ravager pre-Flashpoint, but she doesn't go by that anymore and the name is now associated with something completely different, making it highly unlikely she'll ever adopt the moniker again. There have been three other Ravagers before her: Grant Wilson, William Walsh and Wade deFarge. Why not change the current Ravager page's name to Rose Wilson and create a new Ravager page along the lines of the Robin page?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fesak  Moderator

We're stuck with the Robin page for some reason, but we're not having any new mantle pages. One page per character is enough.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Saren

Okaaay, then should the Ravager page just be renamed to Rose Wilson? It doesn't apply to her anymore.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Billy Batson

Well we have a thread for that.

@fesak said:

We're stuck with the Robin page for some reason

Google hits :p

BB

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Okaaay, then should the Ravager page just be renamed to Rose Wilson? It doesn't apply to her anymore.

Should've been named Rose Wilson from the beginning.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fesak  Moderator

Sure, if that makes more sense. I'm not that familiar with her, but i'll take your word for it.

Well we have a thread for that.

@fesak said:

We're stuck with the Robin page for some reason

Google hits :p

BB

It's a secret to everybody

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

I thought mantel pages were being created by the mods for the exact reason thr Robin and Flas pages exist. Now personally I think they should be a concept like Green Lantern, it's always up to the mods.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fesak  Moderator

We don't create mantle pages, the only ones we have are the Robin and Flash pages which we aren't allowed to delete because of google hits. I personally think they should be concept pages too.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fesak: Is that why they had odd characters in their names? I had @pikahyper rename them a month ago. If thats the case and they were created for hits, then they might need to be renamed back so editors don't use them.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#10 pikahyper  Moderator

@wmwadeii: the renamed pages wouldn't have gotten google hits, whoever renamed them did so maliciously so they wouldn't be added to pages.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fesak  Moderator

Well, maybe we should think about changing them into concept pages so they could be added to pages.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fesak: But wouldn't this possibly lead to more mantel pages being created? Or as a concept that wouldn't be such a bad thing? Will kinda fit the Franchise/Universe type pages Razz is going for. Especially since you can link characters to the mantels.

fesak2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By fesak2

I'm guessing some mantle concept pages would be ok since it could ease some confusion and would probably maybe lead to more google hits which seems to be of importance.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

@wmwadeii: So you are saying to make mantles into concept pages? I guess that would work, I need to do my wiki project at some point though to get that all sorted.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pikahyper  Moderator

creating some mantle concept pages would probably be good especially for search hits but it should probably just be limited to the bigger more popular mantles so editors don't go crazy, the only problem I can see coming up is redundant data being repeated.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fesak  Moderator

creating some mantle concept pages would probably be good especially for search hits but it should probably just be limited to the bigger more popular mantles so editors don't go crazy, the only problem I can see coming up is redundant data being repeated.

It already is for Robin, Flash and Ghost Rider, which are the ones that should be converted first-handedly.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say the mantle page would outline the mantle and each of those involved but be limited to how the became and how they lost it. All other info should just link to their character page to eliminate redundant data.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pikahyper  Moderator

yep