#204 Posted by martinceld (1202 posts) - - Show Bio

just curious, are the red and blue colored names for mods?

#205 Posted by Renchamp (7298 posts) - - Show Bio

@martinceld: It's your alignment that you choose for your profile. Black is neutral, red is evil, blue is good.

Avatar image for tristyn_goldyne
#206 Posted by Tristyn_Goldyne (88 posts) - - Show Bio

The Recently Active Friends tab. What does it mean when there's the little red circle with a dash in the middle next to someone's name?

#207 Posted by pikahyper (18213 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#209 Edited by Deadknight (1047 posts) - - Show Bio

What's Comicvine's stance on scanlated images being uploaded to galleries on the site? Scanlated, as in images of non-English comics, manga, etc. that were scanned, translated, and edited to have English text in place of the original language. Would it be preferable that such images aren't uploaded to character galleries? Or should they just be captioned as having been "edited" or even just "scanlated" for that matter? Scanlation is at least increasingly common for mangas before official English releases of them are printed, and there are also other foreign comics that sometimes get translated by fans.

#210 Posted by BlueEcho (1127 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadknight: I am not sure, but most stuff on the site seems to be pretty inclusive as long as some explanation is given. If you write it into the caption it would probably be ok, but check with a moderator to be sure.

#211 Posted by pikahyper (18213 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadknight: if any text is cropped out it shouldn't be a problem but using them as is would be a bad idea for legal reasons.

Moderator Online
#212 Posted by Cloudguy (2081 posts) - - Show Bio

Any plans on making a guideline for foreign issues/volumes? As I looked through the troubleshooting guidelines and didn't see anything for foreign comics.

#213 Posted by pikahyper (18213 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy: I've been meaning too for years but it's mostly felt like a waste of time since so few add them.

Moderator Online
#214 Edited by Cloudguy (2081 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper Ah ok. You wouldn't mind if I go and make one for the site, as I see no harm in having it here even if it's barely used.

#215 Posted by pikahyper (18213 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy: depends on what is in it, there isn't really anything different for non-English comics though.

Moderator Online
#216 Posted by Cloudguy (2081 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: I was just thinking of a couple of basic guidelines seeing a lot of the information can be transferred. I'll write it up later when I have the chance so I can show you what I mean.

#217 Posted by pikahyper (18213 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#218 Edited by crystal20 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome....

#220 Posted by Revan- (7959 posts) - - Show Bio
#221 Posted by pikahyper (18213 posts) - - Show Bio

@revan-: not sure, they don't tell us much.

Moderator Online
#222 Posted by Riddlersriddle (3423 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I've got 5000+ wiki points but new pages I make still go through moderation. Did I just misunderstand the wiki system or something else?

#223 Posted by Renchamp (7298 posts) - - Show Bio

@riddlersriddle: It's a judgment call by mods. When a user is not quite ready for live edits then we can opt to keep that user in moderation. You are getting better, but there have been a few recent edits where there are still some things to address, as noted in your Wiki History (which it seems you have paid some attention to). If it goes on too long then ask one of us wiki mods to reevaluate your work and we can give you live edits, if the time is right.

#224 Edited by Riddlersriddle (3423 posts) - - Show Bio

@renchamp - That's fine, I was just wasn't sure whether I'd misunderstood or not. Thanks for the heads up

#225 Posted by OrdinaryAlan (6706 posts) - - Show Bio

@renchamp I thought when you achieved 1000 Wiki points you automatically were able to edit without moderation.

#226 Posted by Renchamp (7298 posts) - - Show Bio

@ordinaryalan: Typically. But mods have tools to put users back in moderation or completely block them from editing the wiki.

#227 Posted by Cloudguy (2081 posts) - - Show Bio

@renchamp@pikahyper@wcarle@rorie@inferiorego Will ever see the use of the community promos again? We have a lot of extremely high-quality posts and articles by some users that deserve recognition. Even if their's nothing that can currently be used (which there is a lot of usable stuff) it could promote high-quality user content and increase the chances that good articles are written and give the front page more content through these promos.

#228 Posted by pikahyper (18213 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy: they probably kept it for a reason, maybe when the site is stable.

Moderator Online
#229 Posted by Cloudguy (2081 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: Hopefully something good will come from it then. On another note, how come Delete/Combine & Quests are still here.

#230 Posted by pikahyper (18213 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy: no clue, I've asked god knows how many times for them to be removed or renamed, I'm told they are somehow part of the foundation and can't be removed but since the entire site has been rebuilt I don't see how that could still be possible.

Moderator Online
#231 Posted by Cloudguy (2081 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: Maybe they'll reintroduce them at a future point?

#232 Posted by pikahyper (18213 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy: Quests maybe but Delete/Combine was replaced by E&T, I mainly just want DC renamed to Manga/Anime as it deserves a forum.

Moderator Online
#233 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

haven't been here in along time. Is there a way to use a dark skin on this new template?

#234 Posted by pikahyper (18213 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online