Comic Review Search Options

Smoking_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just a quick question, I do hope I am putting this in the correct place, why is there no filter options for IDW, Dynamite or Valiant? These are companies that are putting out fresh comics that I would very much like to see reviews for. In fact there have been reviews for books by these companies on the site, yet no filter to find them quickly. More over there are filter options for Devil's Due and Wildstorm, but no reviews in either section. Can we get filter options for IDW, Dynamite and Valiant?

Smoking_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp said:

@smoking_gun: You could just look up the individual issue you are looking for. Also, the review search only finds staff reviews. User reviews would not show up unless you went to the individual issue anyway.

I am aware that only staff reviews show up, that is what I was looking for anyway. I am making the request as I am because if there is a specific comic I am looking for I usually don't need a review anyway. I use the reviews as a way of vetting new books I may or may not want to pick up. It is time consuming to go through all the available reviews just to find ones from specific publishers. It would save some time if there were the options available for the publishers I had mentioned above as there are for other publishers.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#4  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@smoking_gun: unfortunately there is no official way to do it but unofficially you can filter for any publisher via url tweaks. If you select a publisher from the drop down the url will change to http://www.comicvine.com/reviews/?filter_item_volume_company=<number>, where <number> is the ID number of the publisher so all you have to do is manually change that number, IDW = 1190, Valiant = 485 and Dynamite = 1859. To find the publishers ID number just search for it in the top bar and mouseover its search entry and the url has it, for example http://www.comicvine.com/valiant/4010-485/, that second number is the ID.

Smoking_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581