Can I get some clarification for editing descriptions

metalracket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By metalracket

I've just started adding to this wiki and have had a few edits denied. And without a comment from the moderator can be a bit confusing.

The denial that I want some clarification on is changes I made to the format of chapters listed in description of a manga volume. I didn't change the information just the way it was presented on screen.

This volume had no chapters listed. So I added them with no problem. Same for 2nd volume

Volume 3 has a list of chapters. Each title having the word 'Chapter' before the number and the character '✚' separating chapter number and title. I requested to change this to remove 'Chapter' from the start of each title and replace '✚' with '. '. This is to conform to the format I used when adding chapter titles to the first volumes the day before. But this change was denied.

Now on volume 4 there is a different chapter listing format again. Like volume 3 it has 'Chapter' before each chapter number but now has a colon to separate number and title. My edit to change this to same formatting I had used for volume 1 and 2 but this was denied.

I find that inconsistent formatting of info on this site is a huge trigger of my OCD so just want to get some clarity. I will concede that '✚' is used to separate chapter number and title on the index page of the printed book.

I now have enough points to make changes without mod approval but I don't want to be a d**k and change it again just because I think it should be that way

Thanks in advance :)

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 554

#2  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@metalracket: It is best to format the contents how they are formatted in the actual manga, in the case of Gleipnir they use the cross, the colon is the default for when a manga doesn't use anything, it has been a standard for a long time, if I used the colon it's probably because I was looking at an OCR version of the preview and they don't include special characters so I defaulted to the colon. As for including "Chapter" when nothing is used that is also something of a wiki standard.

And you should actually still be in moderation, goes back to the whole trust thing since you tried adding pirated content multiple times.

Edit: Also for American manga released in the past decade or so you shouldn't change in-store dates, especially if you get them from the publishers site. We go by the release dates of the main comic distributor in the US, Diamond, Diamond release dates and mass market release dates are not always the same, especially for manga and even more so for digital firsts so the main in-store date should always be the Diamond release date not the mass market or digital one, that is why I usually leave a note in the main description about earlier digital or mass market releases.

metalracket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thanks for clarification and slap on wrist :)