Are new editors not allowed to add new releases?

afdsfsdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As the title suggests? Are new editors not allowed to add new releases?

krandor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a returning editor (been away for a few years) and so am under moderation of submissions currently (which I totally underatand). I just tried adding 2 new releases and both just dissapeared from my wiki activity queue. No accept or reject. Just dissapeared. If I shouldn't bother trying to submit them I'd like to know and I'll focus on helping with older issues for now to earn the permissions to add newer issues.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 565

#3 pikahyper  Moderator

@krandor: @afdsfsdf: New releases are important to the site so new users/editors and people in moderation should not add them because of the time it would take for you to work on the issue with the submissions being moderated and because of the overall quality of the edits and content. Editors need to earn trust and show that they understand how we do things in the wiki and that they can produce quality work, adding empty issues so you can scrape it for your collection app or just adding some random data isn't enough.

Also keep an eye on your wiki submissions, I already left comments about this stuff on some of them.

krandor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krandor: @afdsfsdf: , adding empty issues so you can scrape it for your collection app or just adding some random data isn't enough.

Also keep an eye on your wiki submissions, I already left comments about this stuff on some of them.

What do you mean by this? The only real options on adding issue are Title, Issue #, volume, and that's about it. So you almost have to add the "empty" issue before being able to add details to it.

And at least for me, I see no comments on any submissions I've made. Just went and re-looked in wiki history submissions and see nothing.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pikahyper  Moderator

@krandor: Yes after adding the "empty" issue, if you don't then add info to it that page isn't very useful, for example last week when you added X-Men #10, you added dates and moved on, look at the page now, big difference.

And there is a comment attached to your denied submission, it is a small box towards the bottom unfortunately.

krandor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krandor: Yes after adding the "empty" issue, if you don't then add info to it that page isn't very useful, for example last week when you added X-Men #10, you added dates and moved on, look at the page now, big difference.

And there is a comment attached to your denied submission, it is a small box towards the bottom unfortunately.

The denied one I realized the issue shortly after I hit submit unfortunately when I tried to delete the submission got a 404 error, Volume didn't have year in it so missed it in my search.

And do agree should have added more detail when I added it and will make sure I do so in the future.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pikahyper  Moderator

@krandor: How did you try to delete the sub? I've had others tell me the same 404 thing but I've never seen an option to delete a submission anywhere, are you talking about the arrow? that's an undo button and it only works for mods and staff and even then not very often.

krandor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By krandor

@pikahyper said:

@krandor: How did you try to delete the sub? I've had others tell me the same 404 thing but I've never seen an option to delete a submission anywhere, are you talking about the arrow? that's an undo button and it only works for mods and staff and even then not very often.

No Caption Provided

Right here. This is a good edit I don't want to delete but grabbed it. This was under Wiki History and then clicking on the edit number.

EDIT: This is what the URL for that link points to https://comicvine.gamespot.com/wiki/moderation/509783/delete

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pikahyper  Moderator

@krandor: oh I see, that I do have, it only works for mods and staff, and only for pending subs, I didn't think regular accounts could see that one. The developers forgot a few things like that around the wiki, things that only mods and staff can use that shouldn't be visible for regular users, the most noticed one is for deleting covers/screenshots from issues/episodes.

krandor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krandor: oh I see, that I do have, it only works for mods and staff, and only for pending subs, I didn't think regular accounts could see that one. The developers forgot a few things like that around the wiki, things that only mods and staff can use that shouldn't be visible for regular users, the most noticed one is for deleting covers/screenshots from issues/episodes.

If definitely gives the impression you can delete an incorrect submission that is pending (which is what I tried to do too late).

Anyway, I'll keep working on editing what I can and hopefully gain trust to do more things in the future.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pikahyper  Moderator

@krandor: You've got the right attitude so that is a great start.

krandor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krandor: You've got the right attitude so that is a great start.

Thanks. I just worry I'm falling into your "editing random things" comment but right now that seems to be about all I can do. Adding older issues I have info on and adding missing info to older issues where I see it. So yeah I'm editing random things but about all I can do right now to contribute. I am trying to make sure when I add older issues I add all the info I do have but it isn't often everything but is everything I can find.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pikahyper  Moderator

@krandor: Adding all you can is perfectly fine, it is the effort that counts, and taking pride in your work.