Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#51 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@guru_crack: The ComicVine community doesn't have very many quality editors anymore, especially in the Dragon Ball department. There are, however, plenty of fan boys more interested in making most-powerful lists and adding power levelz to the bios.

There is currently only one page for Buu. One page is good for Kid Buu, Super Buu, Evil Buu, etc. but there should be a separate one for Mr. Buu.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

@jloneblackheart: I agree but been told not to make those pages without permission despite how much common sense there would be for such a page.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

@guru_crack I don't see a problem with Mr. Buu getting his own page along with Future Trunks, if you're up for adding all the info and transferring the data, but It would be nice if a mod spoke in on the idea.

@renchamp Any input on the idea of getting some alt-universe DBZ characters?

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: Buu needs to be separate from SUper/Evil & Kid Buu (One character) and Future Trunks would make more sense and while I can't say I know about manga issues as I haven't got that far into the Manga I can put a bit of info on both pages.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By cloudguy

Been a while, but I've been thinking. Spider-Gwen should be a separate page to Gwen Stacy as Spider-Gwen is almost a completely different character compared to the original. She also falls under all of the points stated by @jlonelackheart.

@pikahyper What do you think?

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@comicfox87@cloudguy@guru_crack I've created a separate page for Trunks. Since I'm indexing all the Weekly Shonen Jump appearances, now is a better time than any. I'll be updating the tankobons as I go, and it would be simple for me to do the V Jump apps for Super as well, but there's plenty to do otherwise if you'd like to help.

• Dragon Ball Z/Kai anime appearances
  • Dragon Ball GT anime appearances (easy since it's all a switch to "normal" Trunks)
  • Dragon Ball Super anime appearances
  • All movie appearances
  • Updates to new Trunks page

@renchamp I created a new page for the standard timeline version since the future version is what is mostly covered on the existing page. I didn't feel bad about copy/pasting the current Trunks info since I'm pretty sure it was me that wrote it, but the Dragon Ball GT info all needs to be moved over. Any suggestions?

Additionally please change the Trunks page name to Future Trunks (unless anyone has a better idea for a name). Remove the aliases Chibi Trunks, Kid Trunks and Baby Trunks and add them to the new Trunks page.

There's also a lot of images that need to be deleted from the Future Trunks image gallery and I've just discovered that that is a mod only function lol.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: I didn't think anime was supposed to take an precedent on the characters?

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@guru_crack: Who said that it does? The entire Goku Black arc has completed in the manga anyway. I've been mostly for the split if you read back through this thread, just not doing all the work, lol. I think they meet a lot of the qualifications and it would be much clearer regarding the wiki.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: It can be mentioned but when I mentioned it to admins before I was told that what happens in the anime doesn't matter as it's all about the manga.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@guru_crack: Was that in another thread? Either way, the arc is done in the DBS manga and, at least regarding Trunks, it's virtually the same.

And any help, even if just polishing up the pages, would be appreciated.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: I just remember I got told off for using anime pictures of Gungrave characters despite the manga literally being stills from the anime.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart I should be able to help with the Future Trunks page in a couple of days (give or take) as I'm working on my own ongoing project at the moment and a part of it is coming to and end. If not all the work has been done by then I'll give you a hand.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By cloudguy

@jloneblackheart@renchamp Should the Trunks' pages be labelled to something like this: Trunks (Child) & Trunks (Adult) as it seems more appropriate. Although Future Trunks is still more recognisable.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@cloudguy: Not a huge fan of the parentheses. Plus Trunks is no longer a child by the end of Z or in GT.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart It's been a while since I watched the show so i'm purely going off memory, which may not be right. Any suggestions on the naming that might not include parentheses as I can't think of anything that wouldn't involve one.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@cloudguy: Like I said, my best is simply Trunks and Future Trunks. I don't think casual or new fans would know Future Trunks as "Mirai." They also probably wouldn't know young Trunks as "Chibi" plus he doesn't always stay young.

Really the only options I see is just Trunks and either "Future" or "Mirai" Trunks. Other sites just go with Future.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: Thinking about it, it does seem like the best way to label his character/s until an official way to differentiate them comes out.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: @jloneblackheart I can work on the images end if you want to? Saves you guys some time and probably works for the best if multiple people work on it.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@cloudguy: Be my guest. I think I moved all the correct images over to the new Trunks page, but I may have missed some. I have a bias against fan art lol. I did try though but sometimes I'm not sure which version is being used.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: I'm not a fan of having fan-art in a wiki myself. I'll have a look around and try to work out which is the right version of Trunks.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart@renchamp I moved over what I could tell the difference was and tagged them for deletion. I'll work on the appearances soon. I'll have to start watching the show to work out the difference unless someone else want to do that.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@cloudguy: I've started working on manga appearances and contacted a few others who work on magazine appearances for other canons I don't really know about (mostly the game stuff). I'm working my way through all the shonen jump appearances and updating the tankobans as I go. The anime is what needs the most help.

Super is easier to tell the difference: adult = future and child = regular. Future Trunks appears during the Goku Black arc. They will, however, appear concurrently.

Z is incomplete still regarding almost all of their appearances. Future Trunks appears during the Androids/Cell arc as an adult while regular Trunks is just a baby. Regular Trunks is a child during the Tournament/Majin Buu arcs.

GT is all regular Trunks as an adult. Future Trunks makes no appearances.

If you could continue your work on adding Z to the database, that would be the biggest help to the site. I'd love to see that finished and it's quite the project. I could get to the rest before too long. I've almost completed GT but probably like you got sidetracked elsewhere, lol. So much to do, so little time.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: I could probably start working on the DBZ series again sometime later this week. I started working on it ages ago and had to give up on it as my studies came first and I didn't have the time to bingewatch everything in one go. But I get a load of free time soon so I can start working on it again.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@comicfox87@cloudguy@guru_crack Pages are split for Majin Buu (covers Innocent Buu, Evil Buu, Super Buu with/without absorbtions and Kid Buu) and Good Buu (Mr Buu).

@renchamp Please rename Buu to Majin Buu. Remove aliases: Mr. Buu, Majuub, Uub and Oob (not sure why some of those are even there). Add aliases Buutenks, Buuhan and Innocent Buu.

Buu - please add aliases Majin Buu (for searching clarity and they still refer to him as this for some reason), Boo, Mr. Buu, Good Buu and Fit Buu.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@renchamp: No, lol. In Dragon Ball Super he actually got in shape. Then fell asleep and got fat again.

No Caption Provided

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@majinblackheart: Should Old Man Logan be given his own page considering he's in the main 616 universe and seems to be staying even though Wolverine is returning. He has a bigger presence in the 616 universe than he did in his own universe so I think he deserves his own page.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@fesak: What are your thoughts on the above?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#81 fesak  Moderator

He's not really that much different than the original, though i'm not even sure that rule is a thing anymore. There seems to be a lot of new alts for dc characters, so maybe i missed something?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#82  Edited By Saren

Should Stevil/Hydra Captain America get his own page? Of the OP's criteria, he meets these:

• Drastic difference in character identity, motivation or alter-ego
  • Often interacts with main universe counterpart
  • Has impersonated or taken the place of main universe counterpart for extended periods
  • Played a key role in major events or events that alter or effect the main continuity universe
  • Resides in the main continuity universe
  • Becomes a major hero or villain in the main continuity universe
  • Has numerous or extensive appearances

@fesak@majinblackheart@pikahyper@renchamp

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#83 pikahyper  Moderator

@saren: the original wasn't just modified/changed by the cosmic cube? I thought I read that somewhere. He's an actual separate character?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Saren

@pikahyper: The original was erased from reality and replaced by a new version who was a Hydra sleeper agent. At the end of Secret Empire the original came back to fight the Hydra version, so now there are two Captain Americas in the 616 universe. They're separate characters, the evil Cap is currently locked up in a secret prison waiting for Hydra to bust him out.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 pikahyper  Moderator

@saren: I guess that kind of makes sense, what would you name the page though and how would it get people to use it instead of the original?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 fesak  Moderator

I guess i misunderstood this story completely, i thought Hydra cap was the real one brainwashed by Kobik and the good Cap was recreated by Kobik when she realised she did bad. They did a thing in promos of it not being an alternate reality version, but i guess they do that all the time.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fesak: Kobik changed reality to alter Cap's backstory - Cap was mentored by Kraken and Elisa Sinclair, his best friend growing up was Helmut Zemo, he was given the Super Soldier serum by Arnim Zola instead of Abraham Erskine, etc. He wasn't just brainwashed, his entire life was different.

@pikahyper - I'm not sure what to name it tbh. Maybe Captain America (HYDRA) or Supreme Leader Steve Rogers? Several characters call him "Stevil" now, but that's sort of an informal nickname, I don't think anything Deadpool thinks up is a real classification.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren@pikahyper@fesak I feel that having a page for Hydra cap would make sense. If I remember correctly, aren't they both still part of the same universe and co-existing with each other?

Saren's made quite a good argument on why the page should exist.

I'd like to bring up the point of Old Man Logan. Since the original Wolverine is coming back (is he back yet?) to the main continuity, would it not make sense to have a separate page if they both exist together?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy: I think the Hydra Cap page should exist, I just don't know what to name it. I figured I'd wait for the character to make some more appearances, say in Ta-Nehisi Coates' CA run, to see what Marvel decides to call him.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren I think Captain America (Hydra) makes sense based on how we name things on CV and Marvel don't seem to rename things when it comes to releases. We've got two Spider-man runs at the moment both going under the name of Spider-Man in continuity.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy: No, I mean like how Marvel eventually gave Ultimate Reed Richards a separate name, Maker. He has his own page on CV.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get a notification until just now for some strange reason.

True, Ult. Reed Richards did get a new name. I think the reasoning behind that was that he was the only Reed Richards in his universe at the time (don't quote me on that) so that might have given them a reason to show his character evolution.

While I agree with you that Hydra Cap should exist, Captain America (Hydra) is the best name we could come up with as no-one else has come forward with another name. And if Marvel decides to rename him to something else we can adjust accordingly. We've done it with other characters in the past, Falcon and Bucky are great examples as they were both Cap and we named them Captain America (Falcon) and Captain America (Bucky)

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

I think the recent Marvel fusions from Infinity Wars (Arachknight, Soldier Supreme, etc.) warrant their own pages:

1. They've taken the place of the characters they're fusions of for more than a single issue

2. They DO reside in 616 (fitting the "resides in the main continuity universe" criteria)

3. Their identities and origins are different from those of the characters who make them up

4. They play a major/key role in an ongoing Marvel event (Infinity Wars)

Also, I feel I should stress that, on a technical level, these characters are NOT alternate versions of pre-existing characters; they're separate beings that are the result of two characters being fused into one. And as Comicvine has pages for Bat-Lantern, Wally Allen, and other characters from that imaginary DCU, as well as pages for the Amalgam characters, and also pages for the group of one-off heroes created by Access (Thor-El, Captain America Jr., etc.) I see absolutely no reason why these new Marvel fusions shouldn't get their own pages added as well. Again, they're not really alternate universe versions of mainstream characters; they're fusions that also exist in 616. And if Bat-Lantern, Wally Allen, and company and Access' creations get their own pages, why not these characters?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 fesak  Moderator

@shroudofsorrow

You're correct, and some of them do have separate pages. Feel free to make pages for the rest if you want. Not 100% sure about Arachknight though, so far he seems to be just Peter Parker with multiple personalities.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fesak: So I have permission then? Excellent. Much obliged.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fesak: There was recently another Warp World character, Little Monster (a fusion of Hulk and Ant-Man). I attempted to submit him but my submission was rejected...despite both the fact that we have other characters from Warp World with pages here and my mentioning that you gave me permission to add Warp World characters to this site. I therefore request that the matter be resolved here. We have pages for other Warp World characters here, so there was absolutely no reason for the submission to be denied.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 pikahyper  Moderator

@shroudofsorrow: seriously? I suggest you start reading the submission comments when your edits are denied, I told you exactly why it was denied, the page already exists, you need to search before trying to add new pages.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Would Marvel Comic's White Widow count? She's an alternate universe version of Felicia Hardy who does not use the Black Cat alias but rather a separate one. She has shown up several times in the comics now, is distinct from 616 both in background and alias, and finally, we have pages for alternate universe versions of Marvel characters with different names (Dark Raider, The Maker, Maestro, King Hyperion, etc.). So again, might not White Widow count for a page?

@fesak: Thoughts?

@majinblackheart: What say you?