• 115 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

DC recently unleashed the weekly Batman series, BATMAN ETERNAL, and now they're bringing forth another weekly series! EARTH 2: WORLD'S END will also release every week, and there's plenty of writers working on the title: Tom Taylor, Daniel H. Wilson, Paul Levitz, Marguerite Bennet, and Mike Jonhson. As for the artwork, Eddy Barrows, Jorge Jimenez, Stephen Segovia, Paulo Siqueira, and Tyler Kirkham will bring the story to life with their visuals. The weekly series won't come out until this October, but a fantastic image by Ben Oliver has been released to help build the excitement.

No Caption Provided

There's a fair amount going on in Oliver's picture, isn't there? Will you give this weekly title a shot, Viners? Let us know below!

Source: Nerdist

ptigrusmagus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ptigrusmagus

Dizzzamn

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By God, if they kill Huntress AGAIN....

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Eh I dropped Earth 2 a couple months ago

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Squalleon

As I said to the other thread about this :

"As weird as it sounds, weeklies are gonna be a nice addition to mainstream comics.
They can feature multiple characters(and explore some B or C listers in them), the story can progress quicker since monthlies are too slow. They allow time and space for more universe building(something DC truly needs right now).
Of course they are easy to go wrong without solid creative teams(look Countdown) but DC really seems to believe in this project, ending multiple titles and gathering nice creative teams of new writers and fan favorites of old, to secure success.

Plus weeklies has already shown they have potential, 52 may be the best event since today!"

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeez, Batman, fine, no problem, weekly series is cool for his 75 birthday. I just wish that they would plough some of these creators on to some of the floundering titles rather than the amount of effort that must go in to a weekly. Is earth 2 in need of a weekly? Is there really too much to fit in to the monthly on-going?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

They're pretty much corralling all their writers who work in the same corners of the DCU, putting them together, and giving them a book to all write together. It's pretty awesome actually. Now we need some sort of Lantern/Cosmic weekly...

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Who's the new Superman? I really like his design, but does anyone know who he is?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Squalleon

@g_leno said:

Jeez, Batman, fine, no problem, weekly series is cool for his 75 birthday. I just wish that they would plough some of these creators on to some of the floundering titles rather than the amount of effort that must go in to a weekly. Is earth 2 in need of a weekly? Is there really too much to fit in to the monthly on-going?

I think the main E2 title and Worlds Finest are gonna get cancelled so the weekly can take place. I actually sure of it.

@jaken7 said:

They're pretty much corralling all their writers who work in the same corners of the DCU, putting them together, and giving them a book to all write together. It's pretty awesome actually. Now we need some sort of Lantern/Cosmic weekly...

Isn't the thing we have now exactly that :-P

I mean the lantern titles are in a constant crossover.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By SupBatz

Kill Helena Wayne and find a away to bring back Helena Bertinelli? I'm game.

Good news. Earth 2 is a pretty interesting universe.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Who's the new Superman? I really like his design, but does anyone know who he is?

Probably Val-Zod

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was recently introduced as Val-Zod. His design is exactly the same as MoS with different colors or is it just me.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The current series hasn't been that great lately. Why in the world are they adding a weekly?

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the idea of weeklies, but I can't get into all of this. I was on the fence about Futures End, but if it ties into yet another weekly I'm gonna pass on it. Two I can do, three is too much.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The current series hasn't been that great lately. Why in the world are they adding a weekly?

They are probably gonna take away the current series and World's Finest and put this in it's place.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DIE HELENA WAYNE DIE!!!!!! BRING BACK OUR SMOKING HOT BERTINELI!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@captainmarvel4ever: Thanks.

@war_killer said:

He was recently introduced as Val-Zod. His design is exactly the same as MoS with different colors or is it just me.

It does looks similar to the design from Mos...but I still like it. The white cape instead of red as well as the white "S" looks really cool.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kal_smahboi said:

This.

Plus don’t get me wrong, but why Val-Zod wearing House of El logo and not some unique only for him symbol?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why don't they just rename this weekly "Batman/Superman: Earth 2 Edition"? That's pretty much were the current series has been going anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

Please stop with the weekly titles.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Squalleon

@smashbrawler said:

Why don't they just rename this weekly "Batman/Superman: Earth 2 Edition"? That's pretty much were the current series has been going anyway.

Injustice 2.0: Earth 2

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By patrat18

Nice.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

@smashbrawler said:

That too. I mean come on, even the Joker dies in both!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_stegman  Moderator

Yes! I've been saying for ages there needs to be an Earth 2 expanded series. This isn't quite what I wanted, but I'll take it!

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smashbrawler said:

That's exactly what Tom Taylor has turned it into, and Injustice clone.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This announcement's somewhat bittersweet for me. I like Earth 2, despite it's current status, but my budget won't support a weekly series without axing something else I like. I suppose I could buy bits and pieces of the weekly starring my favourite characters, but I'd much rather have the whole picture. So I guess I'm dropping Earth 2 and waiting for the trades of the weekly to see how Alan Scott and friends are doing.

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That art *__*

ForeverMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm stoked for this. I've enjoyed Earth 2 but the amount of characters they're trying to cram has made for pretty erratic pacing.

I really hope Worlds' Finest moves permanently into the Earth 2 universe also. That whole book has meandered about doing not much of anything up to now.

Protoflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So…. Black superman, dead huntress, and a possibly dead dr. fate…. Goin for all the shock value you can eh DC?

Falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, so you mean another weekly Bat book?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda interesting. This implies Kal-El will not be redeemed :/, which makes me sad.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this series focuses on the ACTUAL JSA and not the new group Taylor is bringing in. This series had so much potential but it's fizzling out so I'm worried about this weekly. I'll be getting it regardless.

@smashbrawler said:

I loled at both of these.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Batman eternal after just two issues seems really solid, I like many writers collaborating on one book maybe that's a big factor where quality is concerned, that being said I'm definitely looking forward to this, the current earth 2 has been moving a little slowly for my taste and power girl and huntress have got to start interacting with other people. One big hope is to make the focus of this book the justice society characters again. The me superman and batman are cool and all but come on....

That image really is fantastic! That's green lantern's hand there right?

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flooding the market with weekly titles is very risky and that is what DC is doing now. I do not know why they feel the need for this and cannibalizing your own market with 3 weekly series at the same time is not smart. Fans are not walking cash machines.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Actually I am going to be dropping the main title as well so I am not interested into this weekly even slightly.

Gyardos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Gyardos

I wana Forever People weekly series and then

some grand new titles with super heroes!

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh for Pete Sake, stop trying to bleed me dry!

snarkybits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38  Edited By snarkybits

@protoflash: A black Superman is shock value? As if that's a new thing. Don't forget about Grant Morrison's Superman from Earth-23. He's black. And awesome. Now, let's assume that this new "Superman" is Mister Terrific, considering he was dating Power Girl. I mean...look at them. That consoling embrace.

Mister Terrific is already around...Val-Zod is a completely different character.

UncannyCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Expand Earth 2 and end New 52.

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im hoping this is a sign Helena Bertinelli is coming back soon.Im not a fan of Helena Wayne, but dc shouldnt just kill her off again,just have her become a new hero.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Earth 2 is one of the best coming off of the New 52 so I consider this good news. They do have to step away from Apokolips for a bit since they've done a bit too much.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So does this mean Batman and Evil Superman and the rest of those crap characters can leave the Earth-2 monthly and we can get back to the important JSA heroes ?

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

3 weekly series? DC just please don't put more delays on some of your titles.

Also, I am happy but at the same time, Earth 2 has been going in a bad direction, and by the looks of this picture, this story might just piss me off even more.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45  Edited By Zeeguy91

Oh, Ben Oliver, you magnificent beast, you.

Looks like I may have to try this out. Which means my wallet's gonna hurt. Damn it, DC.

metroplex02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By metroplex02

Black Superman looks AAALL kinds of awesome.

EDIT: Val Zod? I like him even more now.

TomHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone considering the idea that maybe Huntress ISN"T dead?? Maybe just horribly injured? Could Helena Wayne become the Oracle of Earth 2? I'd go for that!!

Completely looking forward to this book!

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: I liked it more when it was more of a focus on the modern Golden Age heroes.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_leno said:

I think its just moving too slow for the event they plan to do next year, crossing over the two universes

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By redmanta

i want to see them in this weekly

wildcat

Doctor Mid-Nite

Hourman

Jesse Chambers