Who do you believe is the best all around?

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By LeonardoTMNT

Poll Who do you believe is the best all around? (22 votes)

Gohan 0%
Goku 50%
Piccolo 23%
Roshi 5%
Vegeta 18%
Too close to tell 5%
No Caption Provided

I present to you arguably the top Five Z fighters(Earth's protectors) in all of DB. Obviously not power wise, pure skill. If these five were to have the same exact power level who do you think would win in a battle? This is about who you believe would win based on their techniques, battle smarts, and fighting styles. For the sake of discussion and to keep it fair, no Kaio-Ken for Goku. He can use any of his other moves at his disposal.

I wish to hear your thoughts.

• 
Avatar image for trebuchetcanthrow90kilogramsof
Trebuchetcanthrow90kilogramsofstoneover300metres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku's quick thinking and battle genius gives him the edge.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always felt Piccolo was the best all around fighter. He's strong, fast, efficient, and tactical when he fights. He's not prone to arrogance the way the Saiyans are, and unlike Goku isn't naive enough to think his enemies will turn the other cheek. He's also the most creative with developing unique techniques on his own. Most of Vegeta's attacks are different ways to explode something, and Goku just steals other people's techniques and finds new ways to utilize them in combination with his transformations.

If Piccolo would ever remember his Namekian physiology affords him stretchy arms he'd be even more versatile. It's kind of a bummer Toriyama introduces cool powers like that, giant form, duplication, etc, just to then say they aren't effective techniques and never use them again.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gohan is not top 5 in skill. His only competence lies in his rage and bs power increases.

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thatduderox

Piccolo. Much more variety.

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LeonardoTMNT

@metaljimmor said:

I've always felt Piccolo was the best all around fighter. He's strong, fast, efficient, and tactical when he fights. He's not prone to arrogance the way the Saiyans are, and unlike Goku isn't naive enough to think his enemies will turn the other cheek. He's also the most creative with developing unique techniques on his own. Most of Vegeta's attacks are different ways to explode something, and Goku just steals other people's techniques and finds new ways to utilize them in combination with his transformations.

If Piccolo would ever remember his Namekian physiology affords him stretchy arms he'd be even more versatile. It's kind of a bummer Toriyama introduces cool powers like that, giant form, duplication, etc, just to then say they aren't effective techniques and never use them again.

Great post. I was thinking the same on the matter. In regards to Goku I'd say his greatest advantages are his strong will, quick to adapt to opponents during battle, and his unpredictability in a fight. Those three qualities is why Goku always plays big in the spotlight. However, Goku's clear weakness is his habit of dropping his guard down, this has costed him or hampered him in a fight several times over. In Piccolo's case, he has no glaring weaknesses or anything any opponent could easily exploit. That is why I feel Piccolo would take a majority if they fought 10/10 times, same power level of course.

Roshi would be the one I'd have ranked in the third spot.

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gohan is not top 5 in skill. His only competence lies in his rage and bs power increases.

Who would you replace Gohan with? Of the Z fighters are you thinking Tien or Krillen?

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aimless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apart from adapting and replicating techniques,Piccolo has better skill showings than Goku and has beat people well above his tier.Roshi is third place,as Goku canonically surpassed him in skill but he still has amazing experience and h2h versatility.Vegeta is depicted as a very skilled fighter but he's more strategy than pure technique.Even then,he usually rushes in and uses brute force more often.

Gohan doesn't belong here,he has few skill showings and it's been shown several times he lacks typical battle awareness and is a novice in technique

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Piccolo.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I'll side with Piccolo

He has Vegeta level genius, but without the pride and the reckless attitude.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if Gohan trained as hard as Goku or Vegeta do he'd be able to stomp all of these guys combined. But as it is right now, I'd say it goes to Vegeta; he's pretty neck and neck with Goku but Goku likes to drag out his fights while Vegeta doesn't typically do that.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku is the most skilled and has way better techniques.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LeonardoTMNT:

Goku's biggest strength, in my opinion, is his ability to take moves and abilities he already has and take them to new levels. It's why he has such a wide moveset without ever actually developing techniques himself and why he's always a step ahead in the transformations department. The Cell Saga was the best example. Goku and Vegeta were given the same amount of time to perfect the Super Saiyan form and Goku skyrocketed in power by training for better ki efficiency, where as Vegeta more or less wasted his time trying to get stronger. Goku prefers to work smarter, not harder.

Piccolo on the other hand is more creative than Goku, developing new techniques entirely like the Special Beam Cannon and Hellzone Grenades that give him a bigger toolkit to use. The downside there is that he doesn't seem to grow in power as fast as Goku or Vegeta do, probably because he takes the time to make himself more versatile where as the other two focus on improving what they already have.

So Piccolo seems like the most well rounded fighter because that is what he focuses his training on, where as Goku and Vegeta focus on increasing their stats to become stronger. If King Kai wasn't a dick and actually taught Piccolo the Kaio-ken he'd likely have remained a top tier fighter all the way into Super.

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LeonardoTMNT:

Goku's biggest strength, in my opinion, is his ability to take moves and abilities he already has and take them to new levels. It's why he has such a wide moveset without ever actually developing techniques himself and why he's always a step ahead in the transformations department. The Cell Saga was the best example. Goku and Vegeta were given the same amount of time to perfect the Super Saiyan form and Goku skyrocketed in power by training for better ki efficiency, where as Vegeta more or less wasted his time trying to get stronger. Goku prefers to work smarter, not harder.

Piccolo on the other hand is more creative than Goku, developing new techniques entirely like the Special Beam Cannon and Hellzone Grenades that give him a bigger toolkit to use. The downside there is that he doesn't seem to grow in power as fast as Goku or Vegeta do, probably because he takes the time to make himself more versatile where as the other two focus on improving what they already have.

So Piccolo seems like the most well rounded fighter because that is what he focuses his training on, where as Goku and Vegeta focus on increasing their stats to become stronger. If King Kai wasn't a dick and actually taught Piccolo the Kaio-ken he'd likely have remained a top tier fighter all the way into Super.

Another great post.

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LeonardoTMNT: krillin, tien, korin, 17, 18

Even with Gohan's battle experience you would rank him below 17 and 18?

Though, now that I think about it, 17(when him and Piccolo were even in power back in Z) put up a good fight against Piccolo. They were pretty evenly matched. On the flip side in DBS, while weaker than Gohan, Piccolo managed to gain the advantage over Gohan twice. So you might have a point in that regard.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I'd go with Piccolo.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MainJP

Gohan definitely shouldn't be there. Kuririn (or Krillin), Tenshinhan and even Yamcha have shown better skill than him.

@metaljimmor said:

This. Toriyama only prefers to draw fights a certain way it seems, pure brute force. It's a bit boring if you ask me.

I can think of 3 Z-Fighters ( If one counts Boo ) right off the bat who should have the most versatility other than just being ki shooting bricks.

• You have Piccolo who has the aforementioned abilities plus matter generating powers.
  • You have Boo who's almost never utilised despite his regen and magic abilities.
  • You have the psychic Chaozu who has TK, precognition and mimicry. Of course, despite being advertised with the other Z-fighters many times he's never used much if at all after the Saiyan arc.

Also, Piccolo and Tenshinhan know the Mafuba, yet they never use it. That would've come in handy in Z.

DJudgment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a very hard choice due to final three.

Piccolo / Goku / Vegeta.

I understand the Piccolo points, but i can't see someone like Vegeta losing. The Saiyan pride in both of them is what always makes them win, they just never give up.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By alextheboss

@djudgment: Goku already beat Piccolo at the 23rd Budokai and imo Goku has grown far more than Piccolo since then in terms of skill. I also feel Goku would beat Vegeta since he has more techniques and has had more martial arts masters.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ad-arts

Goku.....................

DJudgment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss said:

@djudgment: Goku already beat Piccolo at the 23rd Budokai and imo Goku has grown far more than Piccolo since then in terms of skill. I also feel Goku would beat Vegeta since he has more techniques and has had more martial arts masters.

Hmm indeed, i don't disagree with Piccolo coming third. I have a hard time choosing one out of Vegeta and Goku.

Indeed Goku has had more teachings, but doesn't that help Vegeta's case more due to the fact he's only ever had himself and whiss of late to teach him, and he's stayed with Goku every step of the way?

Vegeta has also always been in combat, not tournaments but actual combat by conquering worlds most of his life.

My main thing is i believe they cancel eachother out. As whis said, if Vegeta was less uptight he would excel a lot faster, and if Goku stopped being to loose and letting his guard down he would as well.

That's why combined they are unstoppable. So i can't pick between the two i think it would be draw.

jasonhitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As always goku wreck

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djudgment: Ya it would definitely be a close fight.