• 76 results
#1 Posted by Scotchbear (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

For those who don’t know dbz is banned from battles against dc, marvel, etc because of flame wars

Comicvine is the only site with this rule and a few sites have picked fun at it before for being a dumb rule

I want your opinions

I will flag all flamers, pro db or not

Do you like the rule? Why?

Do you dislike the rule? Why?

Bonus: what do you think could be improved with the rules regarding dbz

#2 Posted by Godren (3380 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really care to be honest even though that rule is always used to make the fanbase on this site feel kinda shitty.

What I don't like is that over the years it's pretty much the same threads all over again with slight differences or none at all due to the limitations.

#3 Posted by Scotchbear (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@godren: that is my main complaint

All you see on here is dbs vs ss threads or dbz vs Naruto threads. Or inner dbs threads (Beerus vs jiren) etc

Very few other threads made with db in battles.

#4 Posted by mrx1122 (2919 posts) - - Show Bio

@godren said:

I don't really care to be honest even though that rule is always used to make the fanbase on this site feel kinda shitty.

What I don't like is that over the years it's pretty much the same threads all over again with slight differences or none at all due to the limitations.

truer words about the state of dragonball on this site couldn't be said.yet we have some people who keeps making the same battles over and over again.

these same type of people are not making dragonball gaining any benefits on this site instead they are just making the dragonball fanbase look worse by doing threads like this due to all the flame wars.

these people are just being a nuisance .if this keeps going we might as well ban dragonball altogether

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
#5 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (17515 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, it mostly hangs around now because some mods just hate DB in general. Kinda petty. DB hasn't really caused enough problems lately to warrant it, outside of a few individuals

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
#6 Posted by deactivated-5b84aca03eae8 (6261 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the rule but there's a reason it was imposed. Until DB fanboys cease to be irrational, then the rule should stay in force.

#7 Posted by Thedarkpaladin (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a very good reason for the Dragon Ball ban/restriction. The majority of the fanbase is among the most toxic group of individuals you will ever encounter on the internet, and it shows in just about every DB vs *insert series* thread.

DB vs Naruto usually results in a flamewar

DB vs Gurren Lagann usually results in a flamewar

DB vs Saint Seiya usually results in a flamewar

DB vs Bastard!! Usually results in a flamewar

DB vs Superman or some other popular comic character usually results in a flamewar

So on and so forth.

Rarely do you see a flamewar ensue when these other universes get pitted against one another. That should tell you something.

#8 Posted by Mike_Fowler (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering it was because of BOTH sides that it happened, I consider it stupid. But, hey, it was easier to just ban one subject altogether rather than every person responsible for how bad it got (on both dB and non dB sides)

#9 Posted by Scotchbear (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarkpaladin: ever think maybe other fan bases did their fair share?

I’ve seen just as many db haters ruining threads as db wankers

For every “goku is a multiverse buster” there is a “Goku isn’t even star level”

Put those way different opinions against each other and you get rabid arguing.

One will say silver surfer bodies Goku, Jiren, and Vegeta at the same time

While the other will say Goku could smack Odin by himself.

#10 Posted by Thedarkpaladin (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear: Yeah, there are others who antagonize and act just as bad at times.

What I'm saying is that the likelihood of flame wars occurring in these sort of threads seems to increase whenever DB is involved, whether one wants to attribute that to the wankers, lowballers or both is up to them, but there doesn't seem to be much of an issue, at least nowhere near as frequently, whenever a manga character like Dark Schneider or TTGL is pitted against a character that isn't from Dragon Ball.

#11 Posted by Scotchbear (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarkpaladin: because it’s very hard to reach an agreeable conclusion to a debate with db in it because of the different opinions

They are just so varied it’s hard to

If you think Goy can’t blow up a solar system, then no matter how hard I try or how good I am at debating I probably will never convince you that Goku is a universe buster.

Because if you are lowballing Goku that much you obviously will never give him that much credit.

Other sites allow db battles and it works just fine for them. They just ban the trolls and flamers

#12 Posted by Thedarkpaladin (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear: The reason it's difficult for opposing sides to come to an mutual conclusion in many DB discussions is due to many of the feats or examples of scaling, which aren't always clear-cut and often open to more than one interpretation, sparking heavy controversy. It's one of the reasons I don't think the current restriction is such a bad idea.

Other sites have banned certain topics like DB vs Saint Seiya or Goku vs Superman due to consecutive mismatch threads and flame wars. VS. Battle Wiki banned such matchups very recently, although I'm unsure if the rule has been lifted.

#13 Posted by Scotchbear (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarkpaladin: how do sites keep flame wars and such under control but still allow db vs threads?

Like what steps do they take to prevent them or stop them?

I can get behind certain bans (goku vs Superman) several sites have those kind of rules.

But to ban the entire verse from going up against any non anime characters seems beyond extreme and is overkill. And very few if any other sites outright ban db vs comics like comicvine

#14 Edited by Scotchbear (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarkpaladin: and another reason I don’t think flame wars happen as much in other verses threads is because stuff like dark Schneider and sstgl isn’t as popular as dbz so they draw less of a crowd

If I posted sstgl vs dark Schneider it’d maybe get 15-20 replies (just an example)

If its dark Schneider vs goku it’s pushing over 100 in 30 minutes

More replies gives you a higher chance of flame wars starting.

#15 Posted by JohnCena69swag (3678 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's kind of an immature solution to a problem that isn't even unique to Dragon ball. But tbh, I more or less avoid the battle forums anyway because of how toxic it is on the whole. Db tends to get paired up with superman, which is as far as I can tell the most toxic (non anime) fanbase. Just take a look at some of the recent mcu vs dceu battles and tell me I'm wrong.

#16 Posted by TheDeathstar (3973 posts) - - Show Bio

The rule is plain stupid.

Avatar image for planetbuster012
#17 Posted by PlanetBuster012 (464 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a very good reason for the Dragon Ball ban/restriction. The majority of the fanbase is among the most toxic group of individuals you will ever encounter on the internet, and it shows in just about every DB vs *insert series* thread.

DB vs Superman or some other popular comic character usually results in a flamewar

So on and so forth.

Rarely do you see a flamewar ensue when these other universes get pitted against one another. That should tell you something.

To be honest pretty much all of these series you mentioned are obscure as hell except Naruto and Superman,If it wasn't for fictional battle boards I don't think anyone would even know what Bastard! is or Seiya to a certain extent.I rarely see "flame wars" involving DB only since it's always both sides but DB gets singled out cause it's the largest fan base and they're pretty passionate about that show.You will rarely see any "flame wars" with those fictional character you mentioned because lets be honest those series are pretty dead and lack the fan base except for Naruto which from my experience is treated pretty much the same as DB on this website and they're always in flame wars with comic book debaters or Bleach.This is the only website I've seen like this out of the ones I been to.

#18 Posted by Oreoghoul (1649 posts) - - Show Bio

I always wasn't a fan of it but recently my opinions changed based off the newer DB and DB vs other-anime threads

#19 Posted by kyrees (13371 posts) - - Show Bio

it's a stupid rule for me but it became needed since the site seems to attract an absurd amount of trolls compared to other battle forums. hell, it's one of those few sites that attracts tech savy trolls. there's only so much you can do on IP bans and you risk having to ban innocent users for that. mac address ban could work but it's on the same vein as IP bans.

#20 Edited by cromulor (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I love Dragon Ball, I agreed on a thread awhile back that it should stay banned. We can’t even control our own community and we definitely can’t make the people representing us act right in front of others. These flamewars are being caused by the people that got us to that point of being banned in the first place, they never left or moved out of the fandom because nobody within the DB Community does anything to try and deal with them. If we can’t deal with the bad apples among ourselves, we’re just going to have to let higher powers (mods) deal with all of us together.

#21 Posted by Jman88933 (1183 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dragon Ball Community earned this sentence. They acted like fools and this is what they get.

This shall serve as a lesson whenever another fanbase decided to act up for very petty or foolish reasons

#22 Posted by Shenron007 (2110 posts) - - Show Bio

@jman88933: how is that not a form of dictatorship or discrimination? the other fictions that are discussed on the vine aren't any less toxic, xd.

#23 Edited by Jman88933 (1183 posts) - - Show Bio

@shenron007:

"how is that not a form of dictatorship or discrimination?"

First of all, I'm not sure you know what the term, "Dictatorship" means. So I'll put the definition here:

"government by a dictator."forty years of dictatorship"

synonyms:absolute rule, undemocratic rule, despotism, tyranny, autocracy, autarchy, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, fascism; More
antonyms:democracy
  • a country governed by a dictator.plural noun: dictatorships
    synonyms:absolute rule, undemocratic rule, despotism, tyranny, autocracy, autarchy, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, fascism; More
    antonyms:democracy
  • absolute authority in any sphere."

None of the meanings for Dictatorship has any correlation to this topic. And nope, this isn't at all discrimination because if any other fanbase has constantly did the same neanderthalic crap the Dragon Ball Fanbase does on this and other social media sites, then they would get the same treatment. Nobody is saying the DB fanbase is the only bad fanbase. But we are saying they are one of the worst, if not, the worse and until they improve, they will be punished.

"the other fictions that are discussed on the vine aren't any less toxic, xd."

The majority of Comic Vine would disagree with you.

#24 Posted by Scotchbear (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@jman88933: here’s the thing. The rule has been in effect for years now. How are dbz fans supposed to show progress if we have to keep debating Naruto vs Goku with equalized stats lol.

It wasn’t just dbz fans. Stop putting all the blame on dbz fans. It was both sides. They just needed a scapegoat so they said “dbz isn’t a comic (even though it originally was a comic) so let’s punish them”

#25 Posted by Shenron007 (2110 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Jman88933 (1183 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear:

"here’s the thing. The rule has been in effect for years now."

I'm all for second chances. But the reason why this has no merit is that this isn't only a "Few" individuals, or even "Some" people. Its many people that add to this line of crap. And we're not able to control these guys. This would make sense if each generation of DB fans, the toxicity was getting calming down little by little. But thats not the case as it actually gets worse by the years come. The Dragon Ball Super Tournament Of Power Arc alone proves this.

"How are dbz fans supposed to show progress if we have to keep debating Naruto vs Goku with equalized stats lol."

I'm not sure what relevance this has. Nobody said you guys had to keep pitting Naruto and Goku against each other.

"It wasn’t just dbz fans. Stop putting all the blame on dbz fans."

Never said it was just them. But they indeed take most of the blame. And it doesn't help that the DB fanbase has had beef with not only the anime community, but multiple parts of the Marvel and DC community as well many times. You can't say the same about Naruto, Saint Seiya, One Piece, Bleach, Fairy Tail etc. Even @thedarkpaladin mentioned this on this thread.

"It was both sides."

I agree. With Dragon Ball being the most at fault.

"They just needed a scapegoat so they said “dbz isn’t a comic (even though it originally was a comic) so let’s punish them”

This is the most immature and naive thought process I've seen here. I could care less if the mods or the majority of Comic Vine hates or likes Dragon Ball. But using this as a way to saying their putting unfair bias against Dragon Ball is exactly what a fanboy would say when they won't own up to their issues and just improve their actions instead of complaining.

As I've stated before, the DB Fanbase earned this rule. No fanbase is perfect mind you, but its been evident multiple times that out of any fanbase on this site, not only comic vine, The Dragon Ball fanbase is the most difficult to control.

#27 Posted by Scotchbear (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@jman88933: @jman88933: there is more dbz fans than Naruto, ss, etc. so ofc there is going to be more bad apples

Goku going MUI on YouTube has 10m views. That’s a shit ton of views for an anime.

So with all these viewers and fans. There will be more wankers and such.

The % of bad apples isn’t any different, but since the general population of dbz is larger the bad apples are more noticeable.

You said that’s immature?

So you’re a teacher, you have 5 kids who are fighting in class, they fight ALL the time. But 1 kid just seems to start the fights slightly more than the other 4. Would you only punish the 1 kid? Hell no, you punish all 5 because they are still fighting in class.

You’re suggesting that you’d punish only the 1 kid. That’s unfair and biased.

#28 Posted by Jman88933 (1183 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear:

"there is more dbz fans than Naruto, ss, etc. so ofc there is going to be more bad apples

Goku going MUI on YouTube has 10m views. That’s a shit ton of views for an anime.

So with all these viewers and fans. There will be more wankers and such"

The Batman, Star Wars, Spider-Man, and Teen Titans fanbases have larger audiences and have less drama going on. What's Dragon Ball's excuse? The hype surrounding Dragon Ball during the ToP Saga only made things with them worse I'm afraid.

"The % of bad apples isn’t any different, but since the general population of dbz is larger the bad apples are more noticeable."

This is inherently false. One Piece, the most popular Manga of all time, has a fanbase that's almost around the same population as Dragon Ball has nowhere near the amount of "Bad Apples" as Dragon Ball. This is made evident on many other sites that discuss anime such as Amino, VS Battles, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc. And if we're going for a general approach, Batman, Superman, and Spider-Man have arguably the largest fanbases of any comic in existence and three of them are praised a lot more than hated in the general public. Can't say the same for Dragon Ball.

"You said that’s immature?

So you’re a teacher, you have 5 kids who are fighting in class, they fight ALL the time. But 1 kid just seems to start the fights slightly more than the other 4. Would you only punish the 1 kid? Hell no, you punish all 5 because they are still fighting in class.

You’re suggesting that you’d punish only the 1 kid. That’s unfair and biased."

If that one kid was known for getting in trouble multiple times in the Park, Supermarket, Train Station, at home, Airport, Movie Theater, the mall, down the streets, at neighbor's house with multiple people daily, and had a probation by the police, then yes, he should be punished and given the most blame because its evident he is uncontrollable compared to the other three. And yes, all of them should be punished. And this is the case with this topic as the Naruto, Fairy Tail, Jojo, fanbases have bad reputations as well and aren't well praised either. They took a yard. The DB fanbase took a mile. And therefore, they earned this punishment.

Based on your example. your implying Comic Vine has a large bias against Dragon Ball. If we go down this route, then multiple sites and the majority of the internet has a large bias against Dragon Ball as well considering they go through the same issues as Comic Vine does. It almost makes me wonder if its the individuals that actually caused this...

#29 Edited by Scotchbear (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@jman88933: actually comicvine is the only site that has outright banned dbz vs comics

Some sites have special rules (no goku vs Superman) that way they evenly punish Superman fans and goku fans

There’s a reason several sites laugh at comicvine for their dbz rule

Reddit even did an April fools where they “banned” dbz and the mods were like “lol jk we think every verse deserves to be pitted against all others, unlike some other site we know that limits it’s users unfairly”

Also other verses are just as rabid as dbz fans

Marvel and dc verses both have rapid as hell fans, just as many.

#30 Posted by Jman88933 (1183 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear:

"actually comicvine is the only site that has outright banned dbz vs comics"

Incorrect.

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:705596

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:978425

As stated before, the DB fans earned this ban.

"Some sites have special rules (no goku vs Superman) that way they evenly punish Superman fans and goku fans"

Notice how there's more "Dragon Ball vs [Insert franchise here]" threads being banned more than any other series ever. And Dragon Ball is nowhere near as popular as the top dog DC, and Marvel series.

"There’s a reason several sites laugh at comicvine for their dbz rule"

They don't laugh at Comic Vine. They laugh at the DB fans for earning that rule. Its amazing how you imply the Dragon Ball fanbase problems stem from only Comic Vine XD.

"Reddit even did an April fools where they “banned” dbz and the mods were like “lol jk we think every verse deserves to be pitted against all others, unlike some other site we know that limits it’s users unfairly”

Link to where this was said. I'd like to believe this was false because it sounds like a feeble and immature attempt by the mods on Reddit to sneak dis Comic Vine.

"Also other verses are just as rabid as dbz fans

Marvel and dc verses both have rapid as hell fans, just as many."

Every fanbase has imbeciles within them. But in Comic Vine, and many other social media sites, its evident that Dragon Ball have one of the the largest amount of offenders, if not, the largest amount. Please remind me of the time Spider-Man, Superman, Batman, Star Wars fanboys have acted as toxic and annoying as the DB fans on a constant daily basis. I'm waiting

#31 Posted by MainJP (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a good rule whether you like it or not. Those flamewars are AWFUL.

#32 Edited by Scotchbear (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@jman88933: it was Reddit who would wins April fool prank

They posted on April 1 “dbz is no longer allowed in topics on www”

It blew up past 5k posts or something like that with people freaking out.

Btw vswikis web traffic decreased tons after that ban was implemented.

So banning dbz lost them thousands of web visitors.... bad business move

#33 Posted by Scotchbear (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@jman88933: also those threads say that db vs marvel/dc was implemented because BOTH fan bases were too hostile. It no where says db is to blame.

Also that’s only a marvel/dc ban.

Db on here is restricted to anime only.

#34 Posted by Jman88933 (1183 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear:

" it was Reddit who would wins April fool prank

They posted on April 1 “dbz is no longer allowed in topics on www”

It blew up past 5k posts or something like that with people freaking out."

Again. Link it.

"Btw vswikis web traffic decreased tons after that ban was implemented"

Where are you getting this information? The activity of the site seems perfectly fine to me. It's probably the toxic db fans that left.

"So banning dbz lost them thousands of web visitors.... bad business move"

Damn dude, are you really running out of arguments that fast? When in the world was this topic about money? We're talking about what's right or wrong and how fanbases should be treated. VS Battles doesn't seem to be losing much after the ban and people are seeming to be making as much battle threads as we are. In fact, after the ban, VS Battles are having a lot more peaceful discussions and more controlled environments as I don't recall much of any drama in any other threads that aren't related to Dragon Ball.

When you say something, it needs to have a purpose. Otherwise it has no substance.

#35 Edited by Scotchbear (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@jman88933: you are missing the point. You are so dead set on blaming db it’s almost pointless to discuss with you.

No matter what anyone says you’ll just say “db fans are toxic, they deserve it”

They say it those posts the rule was made because of BOTH sides being uncivil. And the rule only prevents dc/marvel vs db. That’s far different than limiting db to only anime

You also keep throwing subtle shade at db. So you are obviously bias in this discussion..

#36 Posted by Jman88933 (1183 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear:

You can call me bias, or whatever floats your boat because your word means very little to me. I am actually dead onto the truth as you won't seem to admit or own up to the fact that the db fanbase got what was coming to them.

Both sides being uncivil is one thing. But with one side being uncivil to a multitude of groups constantly with no control whatsoever is another and shows where the problem is stemming from. I don't don't care how much you like DB. Because the fanbase will be held accountable for their actions whether you want them to or not. Comic Vine has done it, VS Battle has done it, YouTubers have spoken up about it, and it will only continue unless something changes. Too bad if the truth bombs hit too close at home, but I only speak from reality, not fanboyism like you Dude.

#37 Posted by Scotchbear (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@jman88933: dude you’re still ignoring that fact even vsbattles only banned marvel/dc vs db and not everything else like comicvine did

You’re personal bias shines “we got what was coming to us” why do you even come to the db forum if you’re just going to shit on it? You’re clearly a hater who just likes to stir drama...

#38 Posted by Jman88933 (1183 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear:

"dude you’re still ignoring that fact even vsbattles only banned marvel/dc vs db and not everything else like comicvine did"

The fact that Db has multiple bans on both sites is the point young fellow.

"You’re personal bias shines “we got what was coming to us”

With your logic, the entirety of Comic Vine is biased because I'm sure plenty of us saw it coming for Dragon Ball. They tested the patience of many fanbases, more so than any other anime community, and gave mods a hard time. So yes, they got what was coming to them and I applaud it. As it serves as a "This could be you jack." to other other fanbases who want to follow within the DB fanbases actions.

The only light of bias is coming from you frankly. Since you fail to even own up to the actions of the fanbase and how they are the worse offenders of toxicity on this site. Which is considered fact my numerous people here for a good reason.

"why do you even come to the db forum if you’re just going to shit on it?"

What you call "Shit", is what I call "my opinion." You opened up a thread for people to voice their thoughts on this topic and that's exactly what I'm doing. If your angry over me not uttering the same views as you, too bad. Because I'm going to keep giving my opinion and it's not changing anytime soon no matter what you label me as because the words of a fanboy mean nothing to me. It just goes to show how terrible db fanboys are at discussing topics with individuals who don't share the same opinion with them. Now I can't even talk in the forum? And your wondering why the ban is still here? That's sad man..

"You’re clearly a hater who just likes to stir drama..."

I see your pulling out all the cards you have aren't you? Since your incapable of even saying something relevant to help your argument, now we're playing the labeling games. I guess that makes all the mods "Haters" since they were the ones who came up with the rule in the first place. And if your really at the point where you want to label me, them and everyone on this site who feels the same way as "Haters" then it shows how incompetent you are in having a discussion.

And Drama? Like dude, your the one going all Chain Chomp on my back because I decided to speak against the removal of the rule. Which is an opinionated answer that's supported with evidence and facts.

You seem to have nothing going on other than a couple insults and whining. Which doesn't help your case of wanting the rule to be removed from the site. And until the fanbase takes steps forward instead of backwards, I hope it stays.

#39 Posted by Scotchbear (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@jman88933: no you’re pinning it all on the db fanboys

Even the mods have blatantly stated before it was all fan bases fault. Sooo ya

You literally say you and some others opinions are facts lol.

The reason there is so many flame wars because of db topics is just as much the fault of the other verses fanboys who come in screaming “Goku isn’t even solar system buster derp derp, screw dbs” as it is the guy who’s says goku can bust the omniverse

Ofc dbz fans are gonna get rubbed the wrong way when we deal with more shit than any other verse. Toriyama could come out himself and say “Goku could definitely destroy a universe, no doubt about it, I made the show, I say so.” And people on here would still say “doesn’t count”

That happens more with dbs/dbz more than ANY other verse on the vine, you cannot deny that.

We get antagonized more than any other group, so ofc you’re going to see more outbursts from our group.

I could go into the battle forums and trigger some fanbases and they’d go off raging (just like every fan base when you blatantly shit on their childhood favorite characters)

Every fan base is going to get triggered to the max when you blow them as much shit as dbz fans get.

If I told marvel fans I won’t count any statements like they do to dbz they’d FREAK OUT. Hell I actually did that to someone before, they were dismissing statements so I did it back to them.

Long story short they blatantly said “statements don’t count for dbs but count for other verses”

See how we get pissed off?

#40 Edited by kyrees (13371 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear: history check: the ban on dragonball was already rescinded twice and we all failed the mods to be civil on the topic. it was partially lifted the third time to dragonball vs anime only and that became permanent however it's on a short leash given the history behind it.

Avatar image for gokuandsuperman
#41 Edited by GokuAndSuperman (454 posts) - - Show Bio

Go to other site for that. Comic vine moderators are lazy just to close down threads that get heat. Get rid of the trolls and if the threads are fill with trolls, then instantly close it. Nothing hard about that if see lots of moderators everywhere in this site. Just a lazy way to finger point at DB and DC and Marvel get slap on the wrist.

#42 Posted by PlanetBuster012 (464 posts) - - Show Bio

@jman88933: Actually Vs Wiki doesn't even have that ban anymore.It was removed several months ago because no one cared about Goku vs Superman anymore,they're just treated like normal threads with no flame wars believe it or not.This rule is also non-existent on naruto forum (except goku vs superman), spacebattles, nor the www reddit.So far in my experience this is the only battle board where it's banned to this degree.

#43 Edited by Scotchbear (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: it wouldn’t even be as big a deal anymore with the series being over.

Db threads are half dead and don’t show up near as much because there isn’t new episodes coming out anymore

When the movie comes out it’ll spike though.

#44 Posted by Thedarkpaladin (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear:

how do sites keep flame wars and such under control but still allow db vs threads?

Like what steps do they take to prevent them or stop them?

Not too familiar with the way other sites work, but from what I've seen browsing OBD and VS. Battles occasionally, flame wars aren't exactly uncommon.

I can get behind certain bans (goku vs Superman) several sites have those kind of rules.

But to ban the entire verse from going up against any non anime characters seems beyond extreme and is overkill. And very few if any other sites outright ban db vs comics like comicvine

Well from what I understand, the vast majority of DB vs Comic threads resulted in intense flaming from both sides back when they were allowed, so the mods took the necessary measures to prevent it, and from what I saw while reading through some of those threads, a ban, or at least a heavy restriction, was definitely warranted. I don't think CV is ready to have threads pitting Goku up against Teambuster or Skyfathers in the Marvel DC universes.

#45 Posted by Thedarkpaladin (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarkpaladin said:

So on and so forth.

To be honest pretty much all of these series you mentioned are obscure as hell except Naruto and Superman,If it wasn't for fictional battle boards I don't think anyone would even know what Bastard! is or Seiya to a certain extent.I rarely see "flame wars" involving DB only since it's always both sides but DB gets singled out cause it's the largest fan base and they're pretty passionate about that show.You will rarely see any "flame wars" with those fictional character you mentioned because lets be honest those series are pretty dead and lack the fan base except for Naruto which from my experience is treated pretty much the same as DB on this website and they're always in flame wars with comic book debaters or Bleach.This is the only website I've seen like this out of the ones I been to.

While it's true DB is definitely more popular of a verse than Saint Seiya or Bastard!!, I don't think either series is that obscure on CV or other forums like VS. Battle and Naruto Forums. The reason DB vs Seiya or Schneider threads get a lot of traction is really due to the same group of individuals arguing for pages on end until a mod either decides to lock it or one side tires out. Naruto can be pretty bad with flame wars, but nowhere near as much as DB was prior to the restriction.

#46 Edited by kyrees (13371 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear said:

@kyrees: it wouldn’t even be as big a deal anymore with the series being over.

Db threads are half dead and don’t show up near as much because there isn’t new episodes coming out anymore

When the movie comes out it’ll spike though.

flamewars that involved dragonball in the past used current material at that time and that was decades old material. sure it spiked when deathbattle did their fight but it didn't really need new material, it just needed trolls from both sides.

#47 Posted by PlanetBuster012 (464 posts) - - Show Bio

@planetbuster012 said:
@thedarkpaladin said:

So on and so forth.

While it's true DB is definitely more popular of a verse than Saint Seiya or Bastard!!, I don't think either series is that obscure on CV or other forums like VS. Battle and Naruto Forums. The reason DB vs Seiya or Schneider threads get a lot of traction is really due to the same group of individuals arguing for pages on end until a mod either decides to lock it or one side tires out. Naruto can be pretty bad with flame wars, but nowhere near as much as DB was prior to the restriction.

Yeah they're popular battle forum characters but most don't know them which can be one of the reason threads go for so long besides obvious ignorance of the characters capabilities that most won't bother learning.A lot of factors are involved in this.I wasn't around around for that era of DBZ so I wouldn't know much about it besides word of mouth.

#48 Edited by Wassely (370 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarkpaladin said:

So on and so forth.

Wow, It's always DB vs X. Literally, every other community hates dragon ball, so i guess the problem comes from them and not dragon ball :sarcasm: . They are just a bunch jealous because Krilin oneshot all of them :sarcasm:

#49 Posted by Wassely (370 posts) - - Show Bio

What i don't get is why does the majority of the dragon ball community only talks about power level? Is this what dragon ball is all about? I rarely saw topics discussing about the plot of DB, here. It's always "Goku is FTL and i prove it", "Goku is universal level", "Goku Feats calculation"...Etc

#50 Posted by Scotchbear (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@wassely: because the plot of db isn’t something that you can really discuss

“Yep Goku got stronger and beat the bad guy”

“Yup”

It’s much more popular to discuss the forms themselves, and the powers the characters possess than the actual plot of db.

And the plot does get discussed when interesting things happen. The black Goku saga had tons of speculation on what would happen, who black was, etc. so when a good story is presented fans will discuss it