Avatar image for godsvileanddarkwing
GodsVileandDarkwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Get it everyone? Frieza wasn't lying at all, and neither was Goku wearing the space suit. They really can't breathe in space, canon and non-canon.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gaoron

First off sorry for being that guy but you technically can't breath in space no matter what :p

Second, of course they can't. I thought that's commonly agreed fact by now. The only time saiyans were shown "breathing" in space was in DBZ fillers (Vegeta flying in space in Garlick Jr. filler arc) and movies (Broly in flashbacks). In canon they never could and always needed oxygen to survive.

GodsVileandDarkwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron said:

First off sorry for being that guy but you technically can't breath in space no matter what :p

Second, of course they can't. I thought that's commonly agreed fact by now. The only time saiyans were shown "breathing" in space was in DBZ fillers (Vegeta flying in space in Garlick Jr. filler arc) and movies (Broly in flashbacks). In canon they never could and always needed oxygen to survive.

They weren't breathing in space during those filler scenes, they were simply holding their breathe.

Oreoghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah this was known already

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheDeathstar

You can't breath in space but survive. They can survive for few seconds maybe even 1 or 2 minutes but not so long after that.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frieza himself stated this way back when on Namek Prime

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luminoushydra: I would have loved for God ki to grant them the ability.

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But Goku has Teleportation so lol there's that.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gaoron

@thedeathstar said:

But Goku has Teleportation so lol there's that.

Yeah, they didn't really need Fat Kai. Goku could have teleport Moro back to Namek himself like he did the space poacher and #17.

Loading Video...

Unless Moro drained Namek to a point they are no longer senseable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5db9692553cb6
deactivated-5db9692553cb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Not unless you get God Ki. It will allow you to survive in space for a very long(possibly unlimited) time, as shown in BoG.

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Not unless you get God Ki. It will allow you to survive in space for a very long(possibly unlimited) time, as shown in BoG.

Nope. That is inaccurate. Goku and Beerus were fighting in range of Earth's Thermosphere, where there would still be oxygen to breath. Anything past the Exosphere and Goku would have needed to travel back down, due to the air situation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5db9692553cb6
deactivated-5db9692553cb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ChaosReigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ChaosReigns

Yeah, it got me off guard when they said that. They have god ki why can't they breath in space lol.

Lordragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel this one of those weaknesses that should be recton out or overcome with God ki. I have never like this weakness.

GodsVileandDarkwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel this one of those weaknesses that should be recton out or overcome with God ki. I have never like this weakness.

Same.

DemonGod_PABLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon balls writing is so sub par I mean honestly. I mean these two can fight universal gods but can’t breathe in space like what lol? I didn’t mind it at the beginning of DB and DBZ but now it seems like they want to use it as plot device

ps4gamerdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ps4gamerdude

No, Saiyans can't breathe in space (which is a vacuum). In a thin atmosphere, yes. What breathing is, is a contraction of certain muscles in the airways to take in air/gas. No air/gas molecules mean nothing to take in. Imagine putting your hand (s) over your mouth and try to inhale...it would be like that in a vacuum. No gas/air to breathe/take in. That will lead to asphyxiation.

"Frieza stated that Goku could not survive in the vacuum of space. In the anime, most of the series has him wearing a spacesuit when venturing into the vacuum of space. King Kai also notes that Saiyans cannot breathe in space as he instructs the Dragon Team not to revive Goku with the Dragon Balls, because he would appear in space, where he would have died from lack of oxygen. Whis also states that Saiyans cannot survive in space when noting that Vegeta would not have survived the destruction of Earth. Though, there have been several instances where Saiyans have been in airless [maybe in a context of a very, I mean, very thin atmosphere] environments for a very short time with no ill consequences. A plausible explanation is that Saiyans do, indeed, need air to breathe, but, due to their superior cardiovascular conditioning, are able to hold their breath for long periods of time, but still need a source of air to retreat into, after a few minutes, which Goku would not have, after Planet Namek had exploded; this is likely as it was stated by Akira Toriyama that Goku was able to survive in the stratosphere in his fight with Beerus thanks to his powerful lungs. Daizenshuu 7 also states that Saiyans cannot survive in space." - https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Saiyan#Trivia

Concerning the case where Frieza blew up the earth in the RoF film/Saga/Arc, Vegeta not only couldn't breathe in space (if he survived post-explosion, according to certain fanboys and ignoramuses) but died from the planetary explosion itself. Now, back to Saiyans' cardiovascular conditioning/lung capacity, in all, they need to breathe like a good portion of characters in the series, excluding certain species/races/organisms who's body/physiology is built or designed (by evolution, adaptation of their respective species) for anaerobic to vacuum conditions. There's a similar thread to this where one posed a similar question. But, a lot of ignorant comments and db fans/viewers out there and on cv that thinks that Sayains can breathe in a vacuum, not knowing a thing about cardiovascular system nor Saiyans bio/physiology (including their respiratory system) (which can be researched in Daizenshuu or the wiki).

GodsVileandDarkwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, Saiyans can't breathe in space (which is a vacuum). In a thin atmosphere, yes. What breathing is, is a contraction of certain muscles in the airways to take in air/gas. No air/gas molecules mean nothing to take in. Imagine putting your hand (s) over your mouth and try to inhale...it would be like that in a vacuum. No gas/air to breathe/take in. That will lead to asphyxiation.

"Frieza stated that Goku could not survive in the vacuum of space. In the anime, most of the series has him wearing a spacesuit when venturing into the vacuum of space. King Kai also notes that Saiyans cannot breathe in space as he instructs the Dragon Team not to revive Goku with the Dragon Balls, because he would appear in space, where he would have died from lack of oxygen. Whis also states that Saiyans cannot survive in space when noting that Vegeta would not have survived the destruction of Earth. Though, there have been several instances where Saiyans have been in airless [maybe in a context of a very, I mean, very thin atmosphere] environments for a very short time with no ill consequences. A plausible explanation is that Saiyans do, indeed, need air to breathe, but, due to their superior cardiovascular conditioning, are able to hold their breath for long periods of time, but still need a source of air to retreat into, after a few minutes, which Goku would not have, after Planet Namek had exploded; this is likely as it was stated by Akira Toriyama that Goku was able to survive in the stratosphere in his fight with Beerus thanks to his powerful lungs. Daizenshuu 7 also states that Saiyans cannot survive in space." - https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Saiyan#Trivia

Concerning the case where Frieza blew up the earth in the RoF film/Saga/Arc, Vegeta not only couldn't breathe in space (if he survived post-explosion, according to certain fanboys and ignoramuses) but died from the planetary explosion itself. Now, back to Saiyans' cardiovascular conditioning/lung capacity, in all, they need to breathe like a good portion of characters in the series, excluding certain species/races/organisms who's body/physiology is built or designed (by evolution, adaptation of their respective species) for anaerobic to vacuum conditions. There's a similar thread to this where one posed a similar question. But, a lot of ignorant comments and db fans/viewers out there and on cv that thinks that Sayains can breathe in a vacuum, not knowing a thing about cardiovascular system nor Saiyans bio/physiology (including their respiratory system) (which can be researched in Daizenshuu or the wiki).

Thank you.

Shintokis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

according to toriyama, saiyans may barely breath and goku has shown to go passively to the moon once.

but the moon in DB is weird since the characters can breath in it and it exploding didn't kill the people on it, so take that with a grain of salt

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ad-arts

Saiyans can't breath in space because nobody can breath in sapce. There is nothing to breath in in space. What are you going to breath in, a vacuum? Good luck with that.

JRAZZLE20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would kinda make sense if they could survive in space using God ki but they can't

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 takenstew22  Moderator

I also thought they would atleast have the ability to breath/survive in space when they gained god ki. Maybe they can make a ki shield around them which would give them air for a brief amount of time.

Avatar image for fearreaperredux
FearReaperRedux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Revold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I thought it was obvious but fans just gonna do what fans do

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 emperorthanos-  Moderator
takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 takenstew22  Moderator
emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 emperorthanos-  Moderator

I was unaware. Permabanned users are not allowed to come back unless explicitly allowed to be by mods

jplaya2023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

welcome to 1992 again

debatablenerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By debatablenerd

The fact that Naruto can breathe in space, but Goku can't breathe in space, you know there is something is wrong here regarding to the anime logic.

OT: I thought Saiyans not being able to breathe in space is common sense by now?

Avatar image for animeisniche_ok
Animeisniche_ok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scotchbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they can go into space for short bursts. But thats it.

Goku teleported into space and saved 17. So he can enter space. He just can't stay there.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, I like this weakness.

comicvinerguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that Someone needs to make a thread about this is embarrassing. There's nothing called being able to breathe in space. It's either you could survive in space or not.

Goku needs oxygen to survive but he sure as hell wouldn't immediately die out there lmao. He could probably hold his breathe long enough to have an entire fight with someone if he wants to.