So Saiyans can't breathe in space?

Avatar image for godsvileanddarkwing
#1 Edited by GodsVileandDarkwing (1895 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Get it everyone? Frieza wasn't lying at all, and neither was Goku wearing the space suit. They really can't breathe in space, canon and non-canon.

#3 Edited by Gaoron (9520 posts) - - Show Bio

First off sorry for being that guy but you technically can't breath in space no matter what :p

Second, of course they can't. I thought that's commonly agreed fact by now. The only time saiyans were shown "breathing" in space was in DBZ fillers (Vegeta flying in space in Garlick Jr. filler arc) and movies (Broly in flashbacks). In canon they never could and always needed oxygen to survive.

#4 Posted by GodsVileandDarkwing (1895 posts) - - Show Bio

@gaoron said:

First off sorry for being that guy but you technically can't breath in space no matter what :p

Second, of course they can't. I thought that's commonly agreed fact by now. The only time saiyans were shown "breathing" in space was in DBZ fillers (Vegeta flying in space in Garlick Jr. filler arc) and movies (Broly in flashbacks). In canon they never could and always needed oxygen to survive.

They weren't breathing in space during those filler scenes, they were simply holding their breathe.

#5 Posted by Oreoghoul (2097 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah this was known already

#6 Edited by TheDeathstar (4489 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't breath in space but survive. They can survive for few seconds maybe even 1 or 2 minutes but not so long after that.

Avatar image for panda_emperorix
#7 Posted by panda_emperorix (3984 posts) - - Show Bio

Frieza himself stated this way back when on Namek Prime

#8 Posted by LuminousHydra (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

This is so stupid lmao.

#9 Edited by Menos_Kegare (280 posts) - - Show Bio

Gremmy solos, gg ez.

*waits for all the obnoxious threads*

#10 Posted by MainJP (7035 posts) - - Show Bio

@luminoushydra: I would have loved for God ki to grant them the ability.

#11 Posted by TheDeathstar (4489 posts) - - Show Bio

But Goku has Teleportation so lol there's that.

#12 Edited by Gaoron (9520 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedeathstar said:

But Goku has Teleportation so lol there's that.

Yeah, they didn't really need Fat Kai. Goku could have teleport Moro back to Namek himself like he did the space poacher and #17.

Loading Video...

Unless Moro drained Namek to a point they are no longer senseable.

#13 Posted by LogicLancer (774 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Not unless you get God Ki. It will allow you to survive in space for a very long(possibly unlimited) time, as shown in BoG.

#14 Posted by LeonardoTMNT (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Not unless you get God Ki. It will allow you to survive in space for a very long(possibly unlimited) time, as shown in BoG.

Nope. That is inaccurate. Goku and Beerus were fighting in range of Earth's Thermosphere, where there would still be oxygen to breath. Anything past the Exosphere and Goku would have needed to travel back down, due to the air situation.

#15 Posted by LogicLancer (774 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by ChaosReigns (204 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, it got me off guard when they said that. They have god ki why can't they breath in space lol.

#17 Posted by Lordragoon (210 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel this one of those weaknesses that should be recton out or overcome with God ki. I have never like this weakness.

#18 Posted by GodsVileandDarkwing (1895 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel this one of those weaknesses that should be recton out or overcome with God ki. I have never like this weakness.

Same.

#19 Posted by DemonGod_PABLO (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

Dragon balls writing is so sub par I mean honestly. I mean these two can fight universal gods but can’t breathe in space like what lol? I didn’t mind it at the beginning of DB and DBZ but now it seems like they want to use it as plot device