• 93 results
Scotchbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Scotchbear

Just like the title says, there is people in the battle forum saying toribot isn't omnipotent lol...

The writer of the show apparently isn't omnipotent, that's how bad the lowballing and hate has gotten for dbz on this forum.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, hard to say. He's more of inserted himself in as a gag than an actual character

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he asked Senbei Norimaki to create him a Time Stop machine so he could publish manga on time. Though Dr. Slump was a gag manga so who knows.

Tori is a gag character.

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: @scotchbear: he is obviously omnipotent in verse since a writer can just write himself in verse and on a panel portray himself getting hurt by bullets,then on another panel he shows himself creating reality.this is basically what happened to toribot.so yes toribot is either omnipotent or at least nigh omnipotent.a writer can portray himself how he wants it doesn't mean he lost his omnipotence in his verse.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SeaGod  Online

Nah the true omnipotent is his editor

AldebaranSS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AldebaranSS

Wow, you are so transparent.

You basically made this thread asking for help because you didn't have good argument on the battle thread. You are literally screaming "Help, i got myself trashed in the battle thread, i need good arguments so that i can use them, later".

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he asked Senbei Norimaki to create him a Time Stop machine so he could publish manga on time. Though Dr. Slump was a gag manga so who knows.

Tori is a gag character.

this doesn't count since in one panel we have characters like arale doing this.so are you gonna take those seriously when you have this.if we were to take things literally this probably one of the best feat if not the best feat in fiction.this is literally breaking out of fiction.(a very high 4th wall lv feat)

No Caption Provided

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seagod said:

his editor is also in the verse

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrx1122: Toribot is more of a gag character tbh, nothing implies hes omnipotent, iirc he got hurt by a punch from Arale.

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mrx1122

@death2heretics said:

@mrx1122: Toribot is more of a gag character tbh, nothing implies hes omnipotent, iirc he got hurt by a punch from Arale.

i already gave an explanation for that here i will post it again.

he is obviously omnipotent in verse since a writer can just write himself in verse and on a panel portray himself getting hurt by bullets,then on another panel he shows himself creating reality.this is basically what happened to toribot.so yes toribot is either omnipotent or at least nigh omnipotent.a writer can portray himself how he wants it doesn't mean he lost his omnipotence in his verse.

also arale would be one of the most powerful character in fiction if we were to take her 4th wall lv feat seriously.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrx1122: Well, yeah. He's the writer after all. But by feats he usn't omnipotent. But he should be omnipotent, thats what im trying to say.

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrx1122: Well, yeah. He's the writer after all. But by feats he usn't omnipotent. But he should be omnipotent, thats what im trying to say.

yeah i know he isn't omnipotent by feats but we can still put him at nigh omnipotent since he needs his editor so that shouldn't make him omnipotent due to that i guess.

Avatar image for purpledeadragon
PurpleDeaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrx1122 said:
@seagod said:

No Caption Provided

And Beerus destroyed him...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mrx1122

@purpledeadragon said:
@mrx1122 said:
@seagod said:

No Caption Provided

And Beerus destroyed him...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

that wasn't him lol.that was just a guy who looks like him.toriyama drew this character similar to his editor

Scotchbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Scotchbear

@aldebaranss: no you literally are denying the writer of dbz isn't omnipotent in his verse....

Do you even have common sense?

Toriyama made dbzverse, he can do WHATEVER HE WANTS, WHENEVER HE WANTS, HOWEVER HE WANTS! He is omnipotent

Someone could come in and utterly destroy dbzverse, but toriyama/toribot would just be like "that's not nice" and just redraw it, then erase them from his verse.

You cannot beat a writer in his verse, he has absolute control over everything.

You could write a battle and say "I'm sending a multiverse buster to scotchbears comicverse"

I the writer have drawn a visual representation of me in my own verse, say my verse maxes out at street level.

In theory yes your character would nuke my verse casually, but I MYSELF/my character would still exist, and I could then say "well now I use writer hax to delete your character, and then recreate my verse like nothing happened.

In my fictional verse I cannot be defeated.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Shenron007

@mrx1122: haha his editor is the ghost that got erase bye Beerus he escaped hell lol? super impressive feat xd.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

nope. no such thing as an omnipotent

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrx1122: haha his editor is the ghost that got erase bye Beerus he escaped hell lol? super impressive feat xd.

it really isn't ,that is just someone who looks like him.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrx1122: the biography's confirm:

Torishima was involved with Toriyama's work for the Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball manga.

He is said to be Toriyama's inspiration for the villainous Dr. Mashirito (they have the same name but with the syllables reversed)

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By alextheboss

He isn't a real character...

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody in the DB verse is omnipotent.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only seen low-end showings for him, tbh.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: like creating the db verse lol?

Tori-Bot is the character inside of the story used to represent the actual author - the one who wrote DB.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenron007: You do understand the difference between the actual author and a character within the story (created by the author) used as a representation and means to convey his feelings/statements within the universe, don't you?

And drawing the DB universe is nice and all, but doesn't grant him omnipotence. Especially not when he's consistently portrayed as fodder within said verse.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sigh*

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: his high end feat is better than all your other favo verses lol, GG.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

@shenron007: I concur. Not many characters can climb trees like this one:

No Caption Provided

Make coffee

No Caption Provided

Or have a Bounty even lower than an ordinary humans yet still manage to get caught (probably by Spike Spiegel):

No Caption Provided

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Shenron007

@thedarkpaladin: ahh there is other feats you are witholding delibrately, so i am waiting for you to post them xd.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenron007: Fair enough, you're insinuating that Tori-Bot has some impressive high end feats, so by all means, post the scans.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Shenron007

@thedarkpaladin: I am waiting for you to post them, since the ones you posted aren't high end feats. Climbing a tree indeed is not an easy thing, even frieza would admit that it is somthing the monkeys are better at than him xd.

Can't post scan's since i have an andriod.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenron007: I'm not aware of any high end feats from Tori-Bot, hence my initial post on this thread:

No Caption Provided

Since you responded to that post, I'm assuming you're aware of some feats that I haven't seen, in which case, please post them.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: Andriod won't allow me, and you are just baiting xd.

That seems like a wild accusation coming from the guy who responds to all of my posts on this forum with comments like this:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Maybe we can get a mod to determine which one of us has been doing the baiting here if you disagree.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: You want a mod posting Scans lol, that would be welcome. Nothing wrong with that.

You are telling me you read through the whole Dr slump and DB Verse and can't find impressive feats from Tori-bot?

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenron007:

You want a mod posting Scans lol, that would be welcome. Nothing wrong with that.

I didn't say that...

You are telling me you read through the whole Dr slump and DB Verse and can't find impressive feats from Tori-bot?

I'm asking you to post them, since you disagree with my initial statement. Whether you're on mobile or not doesn't impede your ability to post scans (Desktop Site does exist) and if you can't do that for whatever reason, just post the link.

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenron007:

You want a mod posting Scans lol, that would be welcome. Nothing wrong with that.

I didn't say that...

I'm asking you to post them, since you disagree with my initial statement. Whether you're on mobile or not doesn't impede your ability to post scans (Desktop Site does exist) and if you can't do that for whatever reason, just post the link.

typical of your lowballing.here we see him drawing dr slump,he also drew dbz obviously.that means he created the concepts of the dbz universe itself.he created all the time,space galaxies there.thats like saying just becasue of his low end feats he isn't nigh omnipotent would be like saying a writer writes himself getting hurt by others in a verse then next minute he shows himself creating universes then he is no longer nigh omnipotent cuz of his low end feats.well no it doesn't work that way.yes i only used nigh omnipotent because no body in fiction is really omnipotent.not even tooa as he said he couldn't even understand human feelings so by your logic he is below human lv since even other humans can understand other humans feelings.well the funny thing is tooa is actually human lv since he is stan lee itself.

No Caption Provided

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mrx1122

@alextheboss said:

neither is tooa or any other omnipotent in verse since most omnipotents in verse are basically the author itself

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenron007: i posted scans above.like him creating the dr slump verse

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrx1122: Nice that is cool, Also there is multiple scan's of him confirming that Tori-bot is Toriyama including all his other avatars.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

@mrx1122:

typical of your lowballing.

Irony coming from you.

here we see him drawing dr slump,he also drew dbz obviously.that means he created the concepts of the dbz universe itself.he created all the time,space galaxies there.

That's a documentary of Toriyama explaining how he draws the story... Unless you think he's actually a robot creating the story in real life, there's nothing impressive feat-wise at all about that scan. Him creating the story also doesn't mean he's the one who created the universe and galaxies that exist within that story. There's still no definitive answer proving how the DB universe began.

thats like saying just becasue of his low end feats he isn't nigh omnipotent would be like saying a writer writes himself getting hurt by others in a verse then next minute he shows himself creating universes then he is no longer nigh omnipotent cuz of his low end feats.well no it doesn't work that way.yes i only used nigh omnipotent because no body in fiction is really omnipotent.not even tooa as he said he couldn't even understand human feelings so by your logic he is below human lv since even other humans can understand other humans feelings.well the funny thing is tooa is actually human lv since he is stan lee itself.

It actually does work that way, when you can't produce any feats of Tori-Bot outside of ridiculous low-end showings like this one:

https://imgur.com/a/nEFGx

I haven't even seen a statement within the story suggesting his alleged omnipotence. Bringing up TOAA has no relevance when there is actual evidence suggesting he's omnipotent within the Marvel Universe.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By alextheboss

@mrx1122 said:
@alextheboss said:

neither is tooa or any other omnipotent in verse since most omnipotents in verse are basically the author itself

She is a real non canon character if that makes sense. She can be used in battles. Toribot is literally not a character, he is just a funny insert/ester egg ect. Imo he shouldn't be used in any battle thread as he isn't a character of the dragon ball universe, canon or not. He is just a way for Toriyama to self insert himself in a funny way.

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrx1122:

typical of your lowballing.

Irony coming from you.

here we see him drawing dr slump,he also drew dbz obviously.that means he created the concepts of the dbz universe itself.he created all the time,space galaxies there.

That's a documentary of Toriyama explaining how he draws the story... Unless you think he's actually a robot creating the story in real life, there's nothing impressive feat-wise at all about that scan. Him creating the story also doesn't mean he's the one who created the universe and galaxies that exist within that story. There's still no definitive answer proving how the DB universe began.

NO THAT IS ACTUALLY HIM CREATING THE UNIVERSE THERE IS ALSO A PANEL WHERE HE IS DRAWING IT AND OTHERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR HIM.

thats like saying just becasue of his low end feats he isn't nigh omnipotent would be like saying a writer writes himself getting hurt by others in a verse then next minute he shows himself creating universes then he is no longer nigh omnipotent cuz of his low end feats.well no it doesn't work that way.yes i only used nigh omnipotent because no body in fiction is really omnipotent.not even tooa as he said he couldn't even understand human feelings so by your logic he is below human lv since even other humans can understand other humans feelings.well the funny thing is tooa is actually human lv since he is stan lee itself.

It actually does work that way, when you can't produce any feats of Tori-Bot outside of ridiculous low-end showings like this one:

SO HIM CREATING THE DRAGONBALL VERSE IS A LOW SHOWING, BY THIS LOGIC TOOA CREATING MARVEL VERSE ISN'T IMPRESSIVE EITHER.AND THEIR ARE MANY OTHER SCANS SHOWING THAT HE ISN'T JUST A REPRESENTATION OF AKIRA TORIYAMA.HE IS ACTUALLY AKIRA TORIYAMA ITSELF.MAYBE SOMETIMES HE APPEARS AS A REPRESENTAION, SOMETIME HE IS ACTUALLY AKIRA ITSELF.

https://imgur.com/a/uboxL

I haven't even seen someone post a statement confirming the character is meant to be omnipotent. As usual, it's just a fabrication unsupported in canon.

NOBODY IN FICTION IS OMNIPOTENT BECAUSE NO WRITER CAN PORTRAY ANY BEING TO PROOF WHAT IS ACTUAL OMNIPOTENT SINCE NO ONE KNOWS WHAT AN OMNIPOTENT COULD REALLY DO...BUT WE CAN SAY THEY ARE NIGH OMNIPOTENT

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrx1122: There is a panel of Tori-bot saying: I got full control of all my characters so i would win to Dr Norimaki.

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mrx1122

@shenron007 said:

@mrx1122: There is a panel of Tori-bot saying: I got full control of all my characters so i would win to Dr Norimaki.

post the link to it

edit:actually i do remember something like that

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrx1122:

NO THAT IS ACTUALLY HIM CREATING THE UNIVERSE THERE IS ALSO A PANEL WHERE HE IS DRAWING IT AND OTHERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR HIM.

No, it's quite literally just a representation of how Toriyama draws Dr. Slump. Tori-Bot is a gag character he uses to represent himself within the story, not a confirmed omnipotent character:

https://imgur.com/a/TNKH7

SO HIM CREATING THE DRAGONBALL VERSE IS A LOW SHOWING, BY THIS LOGIC TOOA CREATING MARVEL VERSE ISN'T IMPRESSIVE EITHER.AND THEIR ARE MANY OTHER SCANS SHOWING THAT HE ISN'T JUST A REPRESENTATION OF AKIRA TORIYAMA.HE IS ACTUALLY AKIRA TORIYAMA ITSELF.MAYBE SOMETIMES HE APPEARS AS A REPRESENTAION, SOMETIME HE IS ACTUALLY AKIRA ITSELF.

Toriyama creates the story from his desk. That doesn't mean his character is responsible for the event which created the universe, galaxies, stars, etc. within the story itself.

NOBODY IN FICTION IS OMNIPOTENT BECAUSE NO WRITER CAN PORTRAY ANY BEING TO PROOF WHAT IS ACTUAL OMNIPOTENT SINCE NO ONE KNOWS WHAT AN OMNIPOTENT COULD REALLY DO...BUT WE CAN SAY THEY ARE NIGH OMNIPOTENT

The One Above All is said to be omnipotent at least a couple of times within the story, and he's generally portrayed as a deity that sits higher on the totem pole than anyone else in the verse. Tori-Bot is neither.