How strong is Krillin?

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thatduderox

After his recent showings in the Tournament of Power, where would you currently rank Krillin's strength in relation to past villains?

PhantomRant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Krillin didn't show anything concrete that would bump him above where he already is. At best, he's on par with base Namek Saga Frieza.

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By thatduderox

@phantomrant: It was more so in relation of how his opponents did against 18. DBS power scaling is wonky to say the least. When 18 was first introduced, she was flat out toying with Super Saiyan Trunks and Vegeta, both of which were stronger than Final Form Frieza. Trunks broke his sword attempting to cut her, and Vegeta's attacks barely fazed her. Both of the opponents that 18 faced in episode 99 both managed to physically harm her to a degree, and Krillin fought and defeated one of them in a 1 v 1 fight. Noted, I do think 18 could have taken both of those guys out herself, and managed to easily defeat the first one until he caught her off guard, but her initial introduction showed her shrugging off hits from two super saiyans unfazed. Krillin being able to fight off opponents who can harm her makes no sense, even if they can't win. Then again, this is Dragon ball Super...

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatduderox: Literally every in DBS is in the same tier lmao.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Krillin didn't show anything concrete that would bump him above where he already is. At best, he's on par with base Namek Saga Frieza.

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomrant said:

Unless 18 got weaker over time, that really doesn't make sense. Vegeta could not hurt her in their fight, that's cannon material, these guys could. Krillin trading blows on even ground with someone who can physically hurt 18 puts him physically stronger than the Super Saiyans during the early android saga. If he was still base level Frieza strength, someone with the output to harm Android 18 would swat him like a fly.

KingKarate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not too strong.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MainJP

@thatduderox: By feats, he was going toe to toe with guys who were giving 18 a hard time. Being higher than untrained SSJ level still makes him an insignificant little shrimp compared to even Piccolo so.....whatever I guess? It's Super so it's really hard to judge.

If we look at his high-end feats so far:

• Punked Gohan (Tourney rules).
  • Forced Goku to go Super Saiyan with his attack barrage.
  • Too fast for Roshi to notice him literally snatching his sun glasses from his face during a battle royal.

And last but not least:

• Tagged and traded blows with fighters who were knocking around and blocking 18.

I think the intent here coupled with the title of Episode 99 is to show how strong he has gotten. If he's as strong as Toei is trying to say he is then he's still pretty damn weak anyway.

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp: Yeah, the gap between him and even the mid tiers in the tournament like Caulifla and cabbe is huge. But those saying he hasn't grown at all is nonsense. While it may not mean much in the tournament, Krillin is the first human to not only surpass Namek Frieza, but the early Super Saiyans as well.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking End of Namek Saga Base Goku.

PhantomRant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless 18 got weaker over time, that really doesn't make sense. Vegeta could not hurt her in their fight, that's cannon material, these guys could. Krillin trading blows on even ground with someone who can physically hurt 18 puts him physically stronger than the Super Saiyans during the early android saga. If he was still base level Frieza strength, someone with the output to harm Android 18 would swat him like a fly.

Okay you're right. He can go up to be as strong as Android Saga SSJ1's.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Strong enough to lift above 100 tons.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stronger than you'd think, but not enough to be relevant.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stronger than he's ever been, which isn't too crazy seeing how he was sparring with 18 on the regular.

SpiderFan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably relative to No. 18, he's clearly still not as strong as her (see their training session prior to the Tournament of Power), but considering their technique relies on them fighting in tandem it does seem like Krillin is certainly the strongest he's ever been, outside of the filler from Z where he and Yamcha were the plan B to fight Kid Boo and punked the Other World fighters.

I'd say he's probably finally stronger than Super Saiyajin Goku (Namek), again excluding other continuities like games or filler. But with DBS, you never really know.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderfan1: I highly doubt he is stronger than any ssj. Maybe stronger than ssj kid Goten and Trunks, but even that is pushing it.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By slimj87d

These characters are not allowed to kill one another. So what if these characters have to intentionally hold back and power down to fight krillin to not risk kill him?

Nvm... DBS power scaling is complete garbage. Waste of time trying to reason with it when it doesn't care to be reasoned with or reason with you.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ad-arts

@slimj87d: Nvm... DBS power scaling is complete garbage. Waste of time trying to reason with it when it doesn't care to be reasoned with or reason with you.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JohnCena69swag

This at best

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:

@slimj87d: Nvm... DBS power scaling is complete garbage. Waste of time trying to reason with it when it doesn't care to be reasoned with or reason with you.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

These characters are not allowed to kill one another. So what if these characters have to intentionally hold back and power down to fight krillin to not risk kill him?

Nvm... DBS power scaling is complete garbage. Waste of time trying to reason with it when it doesn't care to be reasoned with or reason with you.

Y'know what, this.

I'll just stick with this as his best. The Super writers have got to be more clear with what they're trying to convey.

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By thatduderox

@johncena69swag said:
@deathhero61 said:

This at best

Honestly, other than bias, I don't even see the logic in that type of thinking. Vegeta's blows as Super Saiyan had little to no effect on 18. She was that much stronger than him. And that Vegeta was said to be stronger than the Goku who fought Frieza on Namek. 18 fought against a character able to physically harm her, showing his physical attacks are stronger than Vegeta's during the early Android saga. Krillin then was able to fight that guy, and hold his own while trading blows with him. So seeing how early Super saiyans were fodder to 18, what sense does it make placing Krillin at early base Goku when the opponent that injured her has feats that put him as a physical superior to Super Saiyan Vegeta?

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ad-arts

@thatduderox: Honestly, other than bias, I don't even see the logic in that type of thinking

How about simple logic and what we already know about Krillin? This guy has no means to improve that much in such short time, he is a regular human. It is not possibile for him, was not possibile in DB, was not possibile in DBZ and therfore should not be possibile in DBS.

Maybe she is not as strong as she used to be... simple answer and makes more sense. All we know for sure about cyborgs is that they get stonger with training ( c17), and do not run out of steam. We can assume since they are still in large part humans, they get weaker without training, just like everyone else, they are not robots.

Why does it make sense? Because Krillin stopped training for good, for years and we saw how much weaker Gohan got with no training, meaning? Krillin is weaker than he used to be, so is c18, apparently.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatduderox: Super works differently than DBZ. In Super everyone is in the same tier.

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:

@thatduderox: Honestly, other than bias, I don't even see the logic in that type of thinking

How about simple logic and what we already know about Krillin? This guy has no means to improve that much in such short time, he is a regular human. It is not possibile for him, was not possibile in DB, was not possibile in DBZ and therfore should not be possibile in DBS.

Maybe she is not as strong as she used to be... simple answer and makes more sense. All we know for sure about cyborgs is that they get stonger with training ( c17), and do not run out of steam. We can assume since they are still in large part humans, they get weaker without training, just like everyone else, they are not robots.

Why does it make sense? Because Krillin stopped training for good, for years and we saw how much weaker Gohan got with no training, meaning? Krillin is weaker than he used to be, so is c18, apparently.

There was never a statement or confirmation from the characters or writers that 18 got weaker over time. We know they do this because of the amount of times Gohan has been called out for slacking. I've made my arguments for Krillin. You've made none supporting you claim. Just stated your opinion on how you perceive the character, which directly contradicts his showings in the previous episode. Even so, do you realize how far 18's power would have to dip to be on the Namek level characters? She was enhanced with a base powerlevel that dwarfed final Form Frieza.

All you're saying is this shouldn't be possible. Let's look at the amount of times Super has done things like this. 17 and his power up that forced Goku to Blue. Goku has received training from an angel. 17 has been training alone and and preserving a wild life park. Fans till this day argue that 17 shouldn't be as strong as he is, but for the sake of plot, super made him that way. Roshi's powerlevel jumped from the early hundreds to him seemingly surpassed Tien. Frieza reaching God Tier in the span of four months, and growing even stronger while being completely immobile after that. Yet Krillin is where you draw the line for ridiculous, even though his current feats do in fact back his standing as being stronger than post Namek characters.

Don't give me an opinion, show me solid facts on your stance.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ad-arts

@thatduderox said:
@ad-arts said:

There was never a statement or confirmation from the characters or writers that 18 got weaker over time. We know they do this because of the amount of times Gohan has been called out for slacking. I've made my arguments for Krillin. You've made none supporting you claim. Just stated your opinion on how you perceive the character, which directly contradicts his showings in the previous episode. Even so, do you realize how far 18's power would have to dip to be on the Namek level characters? She was enhanced with a base powerlevel that dwarfed final Form Frieza.

All you're saying is this shouldn't be possible. Let's look at the amount of times Super has done things like this. 17 and his power up that forced Goku to Blue. Goku has received training from an angel. 17 has been training alone and and preserving a wild life park. Fans till this day argue that 17 shouldn't be as strong as he is, but for the sake of plot, super made him that way. Roshi's powerlevel jumped from the early hundreds to him seemingly surpassed Tien. Frieza reaching God Tier in the span of four months, and growing even stronger while being completely immobile after that. Yet Krillin is where you draw the line for ridiculous, even though his current feats do in fact back his standing as being stronger than post Namek characters.

There was never a statement or confirmation from the characters or writers that 18 got weaker over time

There was no statement or confirmation that Krillin got stronger either. There was couple that he got weaker though...

I have given you facts, you chose to ignore them. I am gonna stop here, arguing about dbs that does not make any sense whatsoever is pointless, at least to me. Do not bother replying, im gonna do what you do, ignore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Krillin can die from a bullet, Luffy would beat 10 krillins, Heck Luffy will beat SSJ Blue Goku at this point. In fact i am willing to bet that Zoro can essentially outlift both Goku and Vegeta up to SSJ2. I am not even kidding anymore both Toriyama and TOEI have gone nuts.

@apex_pretador

Vegeta couldn't lift 1000 tons in the Manga, I know it makes no sense at all but take it for what it is.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crash_ said:

Krillin can die from a bullet, Luffy would beat 10 krillins, Heck Luffy will beat SSJ Blue Goku at this point. In fact i am willing to bet that Zoro can essentially outlift both Goku and Vegeta up to SSJ2. I am not even kidding anymore both Toriyama and TOEI have gone nuts.

@apex_pretador

Vegeta couldn't lift 1000 tons in the Manga, I know it makes no sense at all but take it for what it is.

Yeah... except Krillin could destroy the planet if he felt like it... yet you say Luffy > Krillin, lol

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crash_: Tori is just really bad at math... It is definitely a subject he struggles with.

Aimless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Aimless

I'd say he's very close to bullet level

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Skrskr

@crash_: vegeta couldn't move someone that weighed 1000 tons and was pushing back with his own strength and power level.

Context man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw said:
@crash_ said:

@apex_pretador

Yeah... except Krillin could destroy the planet if he felt like it... yet you say Luffy > Krillin, lol

Krillin cant destroy a planet and Luffy can punch harder than Goku(This coming from a DB fan), I am really tired of the destroy the planet exuse... There has not been a more epic fight than SSJ Goku vs Frieza, It has more destruction and more epic feats than late DBZ or Super:

Can SSJ Blue do this?

Loading Video...

Krillin would die 10 times over from the punch that Luffy gives to DOF

Loading Video...
jasonhitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Krillin can give toriko a run for his money

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crash_ said:

Krillin cant destroy a planet and Luffy can punch harder than Goku(This coming from a DB fan), I am really tired of the destroy the planet exuse... There has not been a more epic fight than SSJ Goku vs Frieza, It has more destruction and more epic feats than late DBZ or Super:

Can SSJ Blue do this?

Loading Video...

Ok, here's where i stop talking to you, good luck!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crash_ said:

Can SSJ Blue do this?

Loading Video...

Ok, here's where i stop talking to you, good luck!

No Caption Provided

hmsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm certain Krillin is way above pre-Namak Vegeta. However, he's not even close to Frieza final form (or even his initial form). According to Toriyama, Krillin's power was 75,000 by the end of Namak saga. For comparison, pre-Namak Vegeta (who was a planet buster) was 18,000 (his Galick gun was able to match Goku Kaioken x3, which was ~24,000), Nail was 42,000, Ginyu was 120,000, and initial Frieza was ~500,000. In addition, he got stronger after training for the android saga, and then got even stronger by training with Android 18 for the Buu saga. Having said that, it probably didn't go much over 100,000.

In short, slightly below Cap. Ginyu level.

However, Krillin is helluva lot smarter, and he definitely has numerous techs that makes his power level seem deceptively low.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't remember this thread, and while my head-canon could've had Krillin at Namek final form Frieza at best, the arguments do kinda stack up:

* Held his own with people that could harm 18

* Forced Goku to go SSJ, this alone is a MASSIVE feat (it was done with tourney rules though).

* Beat base Gohan, but again, tourney rules.

* He was implied to have gained some kind of power up during the illusion island training episodes.

So yeah, I think all points to him being stronger than Namek Saga SSJ1 Goku.