How much can Goku output?

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So we know they say DB character have durability equal to the amount of damage they can output.

We also see some pretty interesting feats in both manga and anime, including the dreaded filler.

The first that comes to mind for me is Goku's Kamehameha to the star while glued to the outside of the spaceship (A filler feat). Also fun note, the fact we can see the flames licking at the ship and Goku's suit. Someone give Dr. Briefs props from making product that can resist the sun.

Little tid bits

The Shuttle once fully loaded with weight and resources weights in an impressive 4.4 million lbs. We don't know the size of the star but it looks like our own. So likely a midphase star so comparing it makes sense.
The escape velocity of the Sun is 618 km/sec or 1381600.8 mph.
For an object half the size of the shuttle which I think we can all safely say Goku's capsule corp shit is it would need to be producing 616704 Meganetons of thrust or 61,893,113.8 of Ton-Force (Long) in escaping the sun.
Goku did state this was his top power prior to arriving on Namek.

Any other feats or ideas you guys can come up with?

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ryokuma100

I always love lookin at a math I can't do lol

I have nothing to add, but Goku's output is obviously really impressive.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Perpetr8rMike

I went back and watched Game Theories or Film Theories video on the Kamehameha and MatPat does have an interesting idea. That Ki is one just an explanation of how they use their latent electrical energy. And that their attacks are made of Plasma (The same matter as stars)

Now while I doubt Ki is an esoteric explanation for electricity. It could be that Ki fuels the electrical energy that superheats the gas that becomes the plasma.

A lightning bolt strike is a very brief demonstration of plasma reaching 28,000 kelvin (50,000F). Now if you take the brief amount of time a lightning bolt actually exists, how far it was reaching, and how much energy it required you really start seeing just how much energy they would require if this is legit what is going on. The surface of the sun is 5,778 Kelvin just for reference.

I am going to look into it further.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae6527167c26
deactivated-5ae6527167c26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well an enraged bloodlusted Goku whose not afraid to let loose. Probably hyoerversal destruction

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So we know they say DB character have durability equal to the amount of damage they can output.

We also see some pretty interesting feats in both manga and anime, including the dreaded filler.

The first that comes to mind for me is Goku's Kamehameha to the star while glued to the outside of the spaceship (A filler feat). Also fun note, the fact we can see the flames licking at the ship and Goku's suit. Someone give Dr. Briefs props from making product that can resist the sun.

Little tid bits

The Shuttle once fully loaded with weight and resources weights in an impressive 4.4 million lbs. We don't know the size of the star but it looks like our own. So likely a midphase star so comparing it makes sense.

The escape velocity of the Sun is 618 km/sec or 1381600.8 mph.

For an object half the size of the shuttle which I think we can all safely say Goku's capsule corp shit is it would need to be producing 616704 Meganetons of thrust or 61,893,113.8 of Ton-Force (Long) in escaping the sun.

Goku did state this was his top power prior to arriving on Namek.

Any other feats or ideas you guys can come up with?

Ehh... I don't think there's anything topping the universal destruction caused by Beerus and Godku's fist bumps.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Perpetr8rMike

@rukelnikovftw: Very true but that is kind of hard to measure.

Or fairly easy. 53.7 Quadrillion Megatons of TnT would destroy the Earth (or 225,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 J)
And these were shockwaves from their punches, not the direct punch.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: wrong kefla, spirit bomb and jiren shaking infinity is more impressive than Goku and Beerus feat. Aniliza busting his fist to create portals from other dimensions is also more impressive.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@rukelnikovftw: wrong kefla, spirit bomb and jiren shaking infinity is more impressive than Goku and Beerus feat. Aniliza busting his fist to create portals from other dimensions is also more impressive.

Shaking an infinity of void is "strange", for lack of better words, what does it mean to shake nothing? And assuming nothing can be shook, even the tiniest amount of energy would shake an infinity of it, since there's no opposing force. Hell I can lift an infinity of nothing! I'm even doing it right now! Does that make me universal?

Those "feats" never made much sense to me...

The portals creation thing, I don't remember tbh, but if its anything like Gotenks screams, I would rank it much below Beerus and Godku's clashes.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenron007: The only reason shaking the universe is more impressive is we don't see how far out into the void was it shaking. How big is the void?
But the fact their "Shockwaves" were reaching out that far, when there is virtually no medium for the shockwave to pass through. So it defied physics.

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Multi galaxy+ to universal

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get people saying they are Galaxy to Universal but can you provide proof.

Avatar image for gokuandsuperman
GokuAndSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perpetr8rmike: Beerus multi galaxy- universal and Goku about same league as Beerus. Not that hard unless you are one of those imbeciles that think Goku can’t planet bust in Z.

Avatar image for aquatic_pianist
Aquatic_Pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: In my VERY uninformed opinion, the world of void isn’t truly “nothing.” There is still time and 3 dimensional space, because we see characters moving around and we see events happening one after another, indicating the existence of time and space in the world of void. And even these things can be effected. Gravitational waves are a great example. Black holes are EXTREMELY powerful cosmic objects. These things are literal holes in space time, with gravitational fields so strong that anything that gets close is sucked in, even light. When these things collide, an immense amount of energy is released in the form of gravitational waves. If space time was the surface of a ocean, gravitational waves are ripples across its surface. In the wake of a gravitational wave, space time is distorted, stretched and condensed, shaken. So, if we were to take Goku’s feat of shaking the INFINITE world of void in a very scientific sense, Goku powering up in Ultra Instinct had energy comparable to the collision of two supermassive black holes. It is a crazy feat for Goku.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@aquatic_pianist said:

@rukelnikovftw: In my VERY uninformed opinion, the world of void isn’t truly “nothing.” There is still time and 3 dimensional space, because we see characters moving around and we see events happening one after another, indicating the existence of time and space in the world of void. And even these things can be effected. Gravitational waves are a great example. Black holes are EXTREMELY powerful cosmic objects. These things are literal holes in space time, with gravitational fields so strong that anything that gets close is sucked in, even light. When these things collide, an immense amount of energy is released in the form of gravitational waves. If space time was the surface of a ocean, gravitational waves are ripples across its surface. In the wake of a gravitational wave, space time is distorted, stretched and condensed, shaken. So, if we were to take Goku’s feat of shaking the INFINITE world of void in a very scientific sense, Goku powering up in Ultra Instinct had energy comparable to the collision of two supermassive black holes. It is a crazy feat for Goku.

The thing is, gravitational waves, in our universe, are hard to detect because of the massive amount of particles and forces everywhere, in a universe void of everything it would be really easy. Imagine trying to spot a black dot around the size of a pixel in a big colorful painting, vs spotting it in a withe canvas. That's kind of the thing with void. Going back to the waves a better example would have been this, even when "everything is really quiet", you can't hear your heart beating or the movement your lungs make when you breathe, however:

"[...]in Orfield Laboratory's anechoic chamber, a room that's so soundproof, it's officially listed as the "Quietest place on earth",[...],You'll hear your heart beating, sometimes you can hear your lungs, hear your stomach gurgling loudly,"

What does this mean? Well, similar as how every grain of sand generates a gravitational attraction to every single star in the universe, every force generates gravitational waves, everything "shakes" the universe, but when it is filled with stuff, like ours, this becomes the norm, and thus we can only detect really massive waves. In a universe devoid of everything, every little ripple could be detected.

However as you said its not truly void, cause the characters can breathe, and talk, which means the sound should have a medium through which it propagates, though that may be because of Daishinkkan's magical effect that makes it so each person would be subjected to their native planets gravity, I should check the translation to see if it was only gravity or atmosphere too, it would make sense given that most of the participants need to breathe. There also seems like there's gas nebulae in the distance...

So, it all depends on how we judge the world of "void". Is it truly void, except for the stuff Daishinkan created? Then its not that much of a feat. But we are pretty certain its not truly void, so its really hard to put numbers into that feat...

EDIT: Here's a link that conveys the idea much better than I did :P

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: That actually would explain why their shockwaves would pass all the way to other solar systems if not other galaxies. Since typical Shockwaves don't function in space very well once you leave an abundance of medium (Such as space dust, etc)

thedemonlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thedemonlord

Goku can output over 9000 Joules of energy.