Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ded6836ed8
deactivated-5d7ded6836ed8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42231

Straight from the man who directed the movie himself. Doesn't get any more confirmed than that.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, we see the galaxy crumble apart on-screen in the opening sequence of the film...

The only question has been how long it took him to destroy it.

Scotchbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: so quick question

Why are people more willing to accept a ssj2 tier character Broly is a galaxy buster (possible over time) than Goku a universe buster?

Gokus universal feat was stated more times than brolys feat, which was only shown for a couple seconds, then never brought up again.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scotchbear: Probably due to the fact that Broly's feat was actually shown while Goku being a universe buster still depends on scaling. Not saying he is or isn't, but that's likely the reason why.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b611dee49ccf
deactivated-5b611dee49ccf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin said:

I mean, we see the galaxy crumble apart on-screen in the opening sequence of the film...

The only question has been how long it took him to destroy it.

well based on the fact that at the beginning of the movie king kai talks about broly destroying the galaxy.we can logically tell he took a few years(anywhere from 1-5 years seems logical) to do it maximum.it wouldn't be anywhere near 10 years or else king kai would have already contacted goku ages before he did in the movie.

but what we can tell from this is this feat makes broly multi solar system lv minimum and galaxy lv maximum

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x223344354546: I don't recall there being any indication that the beginning of the movie took place years prior to Kiao contacting Goku for assistance, but nevertheless, I agree with the placement.

PhantomRant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This didn't confirm anything outside of what we already knew.

Avatar image for purpledeadragon
PurpleDeaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duh, his power is Maximum after all.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are people more willing to accept a ssj2 tier character Broly is a galaxy buster (possible over time) than Goku a universe buster?

Gokus universal feat was stated more times than brolys feat, which was only shown for a couple seconds, then never brought up again.

A galaxy is less than dust compared to the universe, unless the dragon ball universe is smaller than the one in real life, in which case Goku being a universe buster as a SSG isn't really a problem.

Also Broly's movie is non canon and the feat is actually seen on screen which give it more leeway, while the universe was never actually destroyed on screen in Super and seemed to be contradicted later.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scotchbear said:

A galaxy is less than dust compared to the universe, unless the dragon ball universe is smaller than the one in real life, in which case Goku being a universe buster as a SSG isn't really a problem.

Also Broly's movie is non canon and the feat is actually seen on screen which give it more leeway, while the universe was never actually destroyed on screen in Super and seemed to be contradicted later.

btw weren't you the type to argue agaisnt this feat but i guess since the writer confirmed it you decided to concede

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x223344354546: I said he didn't destroy the galaxy in one shot. He did destroy it over time, meaning he was at least over solar system level, which makes sense as he is above super perfect Cell imo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x223344354546: I said he didn't destroy the galaxy in one shot. He did destroy it over time, meaning he was at least over solar system level, which makes sense as he is above super perfect Cell imo.

yeah but cell isn't solar system lv though,wait is he?i thought solar system lv was a high of a jump from planet lv(namek saga) to solar system lv

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss said:
@scotchbear said:

btw weren't you the type to argue agaisnt this feat but i guess since the writer confirmed it you decided to concede

Maybe, but at least he's not hiding behind an alt

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x223344354546:

It depends on what you mean by solar system buster really. A solar system needs a star so if you can star bust you are arguably solar system level. I've always thought Cell could destroy the sun and every planet together if they were all in one place, the only question I ever had was if he could destroy the entire solar system in one blast because of how much empty space was in between each planet. If it wasn't for the empty space he could definitely do it.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x223344354546: galaxy level maximum my azz he did it in a lower form xd.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: Cell destroyed king kai's planet which has 10x gravity.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenron007: why do dragonball fans care so much about feats? you could have goku destroy the multiverse with a fart and it would not improve the story of the show.

if anything characters abilities is more important since seeing different types of abilities in the series does make it look more interesting.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenron007: How does destroying king kai's planet have anything to do with this?

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"He can destroy galaxies"

that sounds like more than 1 galaxy this confirms that that the south galaxy is a quadrant of the universe and consisting of multiple galaxies

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie feats and canon feats are different so don't compare cell to Broly. To even destroy a galaxy even in 30 years you will have to destroy thousands of solar systems a day.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedeathstar: More like millions lol Milky Way has 100 thousand milion stars and 30 years only nearly 11 thousand days.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah

You can't even downplay and say it took him years considering

1# It would take him thousands of years if he was solar hopping

#2 King Kai wouldn't have said nothing while he was in the process of destroying it

#3 The galaxy was destroyed on screen in a matter of seconds, and THAT's when King Kai immeadiatley contacted Goku

He's a galaxy buster straight up

Anything below that is downplay

jplaya2023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scotchbear: brolly is not a SSJ2 tier character.

He lost to a bunch of PRE ROSAT or Mid Rosat SSJ1s in movie 8

in movie 10 he lost to rusty ssj1 gohan and weak gotenks and goku's ghost.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tbh the argument that King Kai waited years to do something about the threat of the Legendary Super Saiyan never made sense. There is no reason to think he would wait a long time to do something when such a threat would come for his quadrant of the universe next.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scotchbear: brolly is not a SSJ2 tier character.

He lost to a bunch of PRE ROSAT or Mid Rosat SSJ1s in movie 8

In movie 8, he completely fodderized FPSSJ Goku who gave PC a good fight

in movie 10 he lost to rusty ssj1 gohan and weak gotenks and goku's ghost.

In movie 10 he was toying with a rusty SSJ2 Gohan

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ded6836ed8
deactivated-5d7ded6836ed8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: I remember people saying that broly was rampaging the galaxy because the movie takes place in said galaxy. So people believe he never destroyed it.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: I remember people saying that broly was rampaging the galaxy because the movie takes place in said galaxy. So people believe he never destroyed it.

The logic behind that reasoning is inherently faulty. Even if there were a few stars and planets left in the galaxy, we still see it breaking apart on a large enough scale in the opening sequence of the film. It's like saying a planet isn't destroyed if there's still rubble left floating around or a city isn't wiped out if a couple of buildings are left standing.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deactivated-5b611dee49ccf: You should ask superman fanboys, rightwing viners, screw attack, comic fanboys that question,they like the be bashing dragonball for the past 40 odd years, claiming dragonball lacks feats. while the feats allways have been present maybe not in manga form.

Also comic fanboys don't like to aknowledge statements when it is a different media than a comic.

Toriyama has over the years shown that he likes to downplay feats of the maincast. So i don't trust Broly in his hands. i don't need to see a weaker broly feats wise. pretty much cause of the whining by comic fanboys.

Eric_of_Apotos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon Ball galaxies are only solar system sized.

cromulor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just love how we all focus on this Broly galaxy feat when Supreme Kai said Kid Buu destroyed a couple of galaxies in the span of SEVERAL years while also killing and absorbing gods. It’s even backed up by a scene in the anime that depicts at least one of the galaxies being destroyed but the statement exists canonically I’m pretty sure. I would just say Broly is Multi-Solar System, possibly High Multi-Solar System Level depending on how long you want to assume it took him to destroy that galaxy (there’s no way it was instant) and depending on what you want to consider to be the size of the galaxy. By all means, the writers absolutely leave it up to your own interpretation at this point. Kid Buu’s a definite High Multi-Solar System Level as far as I’m considered whether you go by Supreme Kai’s statements, or scaling off of Cell or Broly.

And I saw people talking about Goku and what have you, this whole “Universal Goku” thing just needs to stop. Kid Buu has probably the highest understandable destruction feat in Dragon Ball ignoring those games (destroying a few galaxies over the course of several years) and all we know is that Goku now is stronger than him. That’s it. Even if you said Kid Buu was an outright galaxy buster in a single shot, there’s not enough Super Saiyan multiplication out there to say that Goku would be a universe buster now because of being stronger than Kid Buu.

cromulor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreatlordd: It was either while he was talking to the gang when they were first flying out to Babidi (because I know that’s where the scene appeared in the anime I think) or it would’ve came up while he was talking to Old Kai while everyone else was fighting Buu.

cromulor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreatlordd: Yeah I did a bit of digging a minute ago myself to see if maybe I had misremembered something. According to what I could find, it’s mentioned twice in the anime and it’s actually shown in that one infamous scene of Supreme Kai narrating, but the “hundreds of planets” statement is all that exists in the manga.

Still, Kid Buu destroying the galaxy in the anime came from Toei just like Broly’s galaxy feat, so I think it could still be considered fair to compare the two?

cromulor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreatlordd: I agree. Earlier was just a bit of a mistake from remembering the wrong thing, I don’t scale non canon to canon when talking about the canon strength of a character. I would still say though, Kid Buu destroying hundreds of planets in canon would probably still be enough to maintain my point that we don’t have evidence to go off of to call Goku a universe buster.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cromulor said:

@thegreatlordd: Yeah I did a bit of digging a minute ago myself to see if maybe I had misremembered something. According to what I could find, it’s mentioned twice in the anime and it’s actually shown in that one infamous scene of Supreme Kai narrating, but the “hundreds of planets” statement is all that exists in the manga.

Still, Kid Buu destroying the galaxy in the anime came from Toei just like Broly’s galaxy feat, so I think it could still be considered fair to compare the two?

More or less, in the original manga the kanji used was 星 which is used for celestial bodies in general, there was a thread about this a couple years back

cromulor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: That’s actually pretty interesting, so Buu actually just destroyed “several hundred various objects in space”?

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cromulor: your word means nothing since the original creator stated he destroyed galaxies, deal with it xd.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@midnightdragon18: Or they were traveling between star systems with Paragus' space ship.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Shenron007

@thedarkpaladin: Broly and baragus have shown several times that they don't need space ships to travel through space, daamn movie 8 is simply best dbz movie by far lol.

cromulor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenron007: To what are you actually responding too? I’ve acknowledged both Toei’s Broly and Toei’s Buu as having destroyed galaxies since they were shown doing it.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: what i'm trying to say is that there is no way it could of been overtime, it would of taken ages to destroy the galaxy star by star.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@alextheboss:

unless the dragon ball universe is smaller than the one in real life, in which case Goku being a universe buster as a SSG isn't really a problem.

What do you think about the Retcon in DBS, do you agree that retcon is legit and DBS universe is > DBZ universe ?

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@alextheboss: That DB universe is now bigger based on the jaco scan and super shenron.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Galaxies in DB are anywhere from 1 cm to a few inches in size
Galaxies in DB are anywhere from 1 cm to a few inches in size

/Thread.