MARVEL MAYHEM SPECIAL: Astonishing X-Men Part 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

To catch up on past Astonishing X-Men stories for Marvel Mayhem, check out the "Astonishing X-Men" library

HERE.

*NOTE: This is just a short little story about the X-Men celebrating Christmas while dealing with an unknown force for the holidays and it doesn't tie in with the current events for Marvel Mayhem. This is written for the purpose of having a fun story for the holidays!*

Astonishing X-Men: One Sweet X-Mas!

Chapter 2: The Christmas Demon!

No Caption Provided

The dormitories were silent as the students were sleeping away through the night.In one of the dorm rooms, two young mutants named Hisako and Megan were sleeping in a bunk bed together, dreaming of the activities for the next day. Suddenly, the door to their room silently opened and a large, frightening and shadowy figure emerged from the doorway. The shadowy figure leered at the two sleeping mutants in their beds and it grinned evilly, saliva dripping from its mouth in anticipation. The figure then silently crept towards the bed and it peered over Megan, who was sleeping on the top bunk and it started gnashing its claws together while breathing down on Megan’s face.

Megan started turning in her bed and mumbled in her sleep, “Mmmm…what’s breathing down my neck?”

No Caption Provided

She slowly opened her eyes and her expression turned to complete shock and terror as she saw the face of what could be considered the most frightening looking demon staring down right at her!

“AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!” screamed Megan, as she quickly started to hover into the air.

“Wh…What’s happening?” asked Hisako sleepily, as she started to rise out of bed to see what the commotion was.

“HISAKO! WATCH OUT!” screamed out Megan and she immediately shot her pixie dust at the demon’s face. This caused the demon to howl out in anger as it started seeing hallucinations of bright bubbles that blinded its eyes and it furiously rubbed at its eyes trying to clear its vision.

Unfortunately, the demon was so distracted by the hallucinations that it didn’t see Hisako immediately putting up her armor. Hisako then punched the demon in the face and it flew out of the room and crashed into the wall of the hallway.

No Caption Provided

“Are you alright, Megan?” asked Hisako with concern.

“I’m fine. Nothing but a good old hallucination will do,” said Megan.

Megan and Hisako immediately ran towards the door to see what happened to the demon. The demon was lying perfectly still against the wall until suddenly, its red eyes opened and it growled ferociously. Then, it leapt off from the wall and started running towards the two mutant girls, determined to finish them off in a few seconds.

Up at the first floor…

No Caption Provided

Hank McCoy was sleeping peacefully in his bed when he heard a loud noise coming from the second floor where the students’ dormitories were at.

“What in the world is that?” muttered Hank to himself and he slowly got out of bed and went downstairs to see what was going on. The sight he saw before him shocked him to an extreme as he saw a demon running towards Megan and Hisako, its eyes glowing bright red. Hank then growled in anger and he immediately charged towards the demon and slammed it to the ground. Hank then got up and immediately started slashing at the demon’s scaly skin as black blood flew up in the air.He continued to slash at the demon until the demon grabbed Hank by his blue furry arm and flung him into the wall.

Just as the demon started to make a grab at Hank once more, the sound of two footsteps were coming from upstairs and Piotr and Kitty ran towards the scene. When they saw the demon approaching Hank, Kitty said to Piotr, “You take care of this thing, I’ll get the girls!”

“Got it!” said Piotr and he immediately transformed into his steel form, while Kitty phased through the floor.

The demon then leaped at Hank, but then it was suddenly punched in the face by a giant steel hand and it went crashing through the wall. As Piotr quickly grabbed a large table in the hallway, Kitty phased from the ground behind Megan and Hisako and she whispered urgently to them, “Come on! I need to get you two to safety!”Kitty then grabbed the two girls and phased them down to the main room.

Meanwhile, Piotr swung the table at the demon, but the demon ended up raising its hand and smashing the table to pieces. The demon then rose up and started charging towards Piotr, but then it stopped as it heard more footsteps coming from upstairs. The demon just grinned evilly at Piotr and it vanished in a flash of light.

The other X-Men then reached the hallway and Scott said, “What happened here?”

Piotr, who helped Hank up to his feet, said, “There seems to be a demon or a creature of some sort attacking the institute. I do not know what it was after.”

“It seems to be after the students or something. I managed to fight it off before it could hurt them,” said Hank, steadying himself on his feet.

Suddenly, Kitty phased through the floor and told everyone, “I got Megan and Hisako to safety.Just what was that thing?”

“I don’t know, but maybe a sample of this creature’s skin on my claws might help us discover this creature’s identity,” said Hank.

“Using skin you just tore off that creature? How nice,” said Rogue grimacing.

“Disgusting yet effective,” said Hank.

Later in the laboratory…

No Caption Provided

Hank was examining the skin sample using a microscope, while the other X-Men stood around him.

“So, what you got Hank?” asked Scott.

“Hmmm…this is interesting…this skin sample insinuates that this creature is not from anywhere on Earth, but it is also not anywhere from space or the sort,” said Hank puzzling over the sample.

“So, this means that this creature is not an alien or the sort?” asked Ororo.

“It doesn’t seem so, but maybe the database will tell us more about this creature,” said Hank and he immediately placed the skin sample in a small plate inside the computer. The computer then started scanning the sample and a list of information popped up on the computer.

“Ah ha! Here’s the information that we need!According to this data, this creature is known as the Monstras, a demon-like creature that exists in the fifth dimension and can travel between several dimensions at its will. The Monstras is also known for eating various super beings, mainly mutants, to sustain its powers for hundreds of years,” stated Hank.

“And things just got weirder and weirder,” said Kitty, shaking her head in annoyance.

“But that’s not all. It seems that once the Monstras finds its prey, it will call upon its own kind and they would come to the desired area…in HUNDREDS to consume the number of mutants in the area, making them truly UNSTOPPABLE!” Hank nearly yelled out the last sentence.

Silence swept the room as what Hank said sunk in.

“So that means that that demon will summon more creatures to attack this institute?” Kurt said in shock.

“I am afraid so, Kurt,” said Piotr.

“Great, now we got to fight these things on Christmas?” said Remy.

“So what else is new?” growled Logan.

“Well, I know one thing. We’re not going to let these creatures take over the Institute like this.We’ll fight to the end in order to protect the students in this institute!” declared Scott.

“Nice battle speech, Braveheart,” Logan said sarcastically.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Could you delete this? I already have a topic like this posted in the fan fiction section.