Got the help I needed, thread no longer necessary :)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Just_Banter

Yo, I've decided to play through the Fate Visual Novels, only problem is that it's just not working. I followed this guide (I may or may not have downloaded from a torrent, and this may or may not be what I need help with) and step 3 doesn't quite seem to be working.

No Caption Provided

This is the problem that is occurring (ignore the uTorrent img, it was a misclick on my part but it doesn't affect anything (Also, I only use uTorrent for legal downloads). See, in the reddit thread, they say to simply copy the content of the Crack file into the main file. However, with me, this doesn't work as both files just had the blank document image and didn't let me do anything to either (as in, not look at the content within, not open, not paste things into etc). I have the same problem with the other two routes as well.

I'm sure the file (which I bought legally) was the right one. Was it a bad file, or did I do something wrong? To help, I'll tell you now that this PC is basically bare. I have Steam, Chrome, and that's about it. Do I need an app that can interpret VN's? Or was it that I just dudded out and did something really stupid? Or is it the files fault and I'd need to download a new one?

Is this even the right place to ask this question?

EDIT: Linked the wrong thread. I was following the newer version, though I don't think the content changed I'd still like to point it out :)

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Thekillerklok

Not sure if I am entirely figuring out your question.

From the looks of your screen shot have you tried extracting the .rar and the 7zip file?

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the looks of your screen shot have you tried extracting the .rar and the 7zip file?

Yeah. All three routes were bundled in the one file and the thread said you should put them in three separate files, so I did. Did that mess everything up? The file img was the same blank doc one when they were together so I don't know if that would mess it up.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok said:

Yeah. All three routes were bundled in the one file and the thread said you should put them in three separate files, so I did. Did that mess everything up? The file img was the same blank doc one when they were together so I don't know if that would mess it up.

Sometimes different sources/torrents can have the same novel unpack differently.

but just in case can I get a couple more screen shots in a PM?

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

also this is more of an off topic kind of thread.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_banter said:
@thekillerklok said:

Sometimes different sources/torrents can have the same novel unpack differently.

but just in case can I get a couple more screen shots in a PM?

Sure. And yeah, I'll move the thread.