• 51 results
RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RenaissanceMan

Cap is peak human. Deathstroke is Metahuman. This is well documented. There is a difference. Stop making it seem like they are synonymous just because of their background.

Ratatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

Sama_el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think cap is above peak human oO, I see him being stronger them batman,...i'm not saying cap=deathstroke, just the peak human part is a little gray to me

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel's version of Deathstroke is Deadpool, nuff said.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't a battle.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone has the hard on for Slade :p

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a battle.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was this really necessary?

Also, Captain America's enhanced human, not peak.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

don't tell me what to do.

Captain America favorite food is pasta and deathstroke's favorite is hotdogs stop comparing them gah!!!!

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-_-

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This isn't even a battle, bro.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This isn't a battle.

Correct.

Incorrect. Cap is the pinnacle of human evolution. The best a human could ever hope to become. Not merely 'enhanced'

Besides, when has anyone ever compared both of them? I've never seen them compared once.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Captain America is an enhanced human. Not a peak human.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

captain America prefers coke and deathstroke prefers pepsi there not even close stop it.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the fight between Deathstroke and Captain America, Deadpool wins.

No Caption Provided

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wrong. Tell me where Marvel says that. I can show you several examples where DC calls Slade Metahuman.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

Really bro. I can't believe it bro. What was I thinking bro. It'll probably get moved bro. Thanks for the heads up bro.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renaissanceman:

From the words of Ed Brubaker, the guy who wrote Captain America for 8 years.

"I agree with parts of a lot of people's comments here and elsewhere. But I think it's a bit funny to see people get so bent out of shape when a guy who's given something called the 'Super Soldier Serum' turns out to be a bit more than the average human. He's been leaping out of the windows of eight story buildings and across city streets in NYC, dodging bullets, doing amazing feats of speed and strength, since I started reading the book in the early 70s.

My take has always been that Cap is the peak of human POTENTIAL. What humans might someday be able to do, physically, he already can. If it was just about having an olypic-level athlete, do you really think all these groups and scientists would have been wasting 50plus years trying to replicate the SSS?

All I've done is have him say outloud what's always been pretty clear to me as a fan of the character. He's always been a lot stronger and faster than the average well-trained athlete. And I've always hated the Batman comparisons. Batman trained himself, Cap got given a miracle serum. I'm not making that up or changing anything.

Daredevil is more like Batman, physically, and yet in Born Again, Cap races by him so fast he's a breeze. As for Cap running 60mph. In the comic, I think he says he can run a mile in a little over a minute when he HAS to. It's not even implied that he can keep that up all day. It's a full-on burst of speed, when he has to."

Take it how you wish.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

Wrong. Tell me where Marvel says that. I can show you several examples where DC calls Slade Metahuman.

I never said Slade wasn't Metahuman. I'm saying, Captain America is recognized as ENHANCED human. He has the feats to prove it, and I don't feel the need to prove that to you since it's common knowledge and you're clearly fanwanking Deathstroke.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Enhanced is considered higher than peak. And yes, he's enhanced.

I really don't like this new breed of users.

Avatar image for imnemothegemini
ImNemotheGemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

Sorry.. Hulk is the pinnacle of Human evolution ! Cap is the best a human can hope to become without being completely indestructible !

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the fight between Deathstroke and Captain America, Deadpool wins.

No Caption Provided

Deadpool is Deathstroke's annoying little brother.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Enhanced is considered higher than peak. And yes, he's enhanced.

You telling me you don't like arguing semantics with others :P?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@renaissanceman:

Can peak of humans bench press 1,200 lbs with EASE like Captain America has? No. Read Marvel's official encyclopedias. It is mentioned several times that Cap is an enhanced human.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By texasdeathmatch

@omgomgwtfwtf: haha nothing I love better. I think its widely agreed that PEAK human is essentially Olympic level athlete like Daredevil, Nightwing, or Batman. Not the pinnacle of human evolution...

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, Cap is a peak human with a lot of PIS in his repertory, and Slade a metahuman. End of story.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: haha nothing I love better. I think its widely agreed that PEAK human is essentially Olympic level athlete like Daredevil, Nightwing, or Batman. Not the pinnacle of human evolution...

It becomes pretty obvious that he is not peak human if people read a single issue with Cap in it lmao. The stuff he does is insane and definitely not within the confines of people, peak or otherwise. I mean this is the guy who says that he can dodge bullets because they appear 'slower' to him.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf:

Yeah, I'm not a huge Captain America fan, but I think its time to educate the kiddies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not necessarily, but in this context, yes you're right.

Okay, tell me just exactly how he's enhanced? How are we to know what the peak of human physical condition is in comic book science? How are we to know our full potential in the real world?

Lol, okay. I guess I'll be worthy of being liked by you, a seasoned veteran with a WHOLE 10K POSTS!1!1!! when I post 10k times. Because that's how you can tell how smart or superior someone is!

Note the sarcasm.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

Sorry.. Hulk is the pinnacle of Human evolution ! Cap is the best a human can hope to become without being completely indestructible !

Lol, Hulk is definitely past peak human.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander505:

I hate it when people misuse pis claim.

pis in comics is when someone does something completely out of there league feat wise spiderman beating firelord but it commonly get used on people like batman because humans can't kick trees in half or knock out aliens using pressure points but those aren't pis for batman because he does those things so very often captain America does things that are humanly impossible all the time so him doing those things aren't pis.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renaissanceman:

Can peak of humans bench press 1,200 lbs with EASE like Captain America has? No. Read Marvel's official encyclopedias. It is mentioned several times that Cap is an enhanced human.

That may be what the human body is capable of. That's what I think of when I think of Peak Human. You are able to achieve the pinnacle of what the human body is capable of. Metahuman is a whole different category. By definition it means "beyond human", which enables you to do things beyond the natural limits of the human body.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been debating on comic forums since you were in diapers probably. I'm not new to this.

Avatar image for imnemothegemini
ImNemotheGemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

Lol that's obvious ! What I was saying is that when you said cap was the pinnacle of human evolution.. It wasn't true.. Hulk is.. But this is very off topic from the OP lol

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Nothing to do with superiority. It's just been widely acknowledged on this site that Steve is considered enhanced human. I mentioned earlier peak is considered Olympic level, as in the character is regularly training intensively with no "enhancements." And guess what, Captain America is enhanced with a little something called the Super Soldier Serum. I'm not going to debate about semantics and comic book science with you, because it's a waste of time. Just telling you how it is.

Note the lack of sarcasm there.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Alexander505

Steve was enhanced for become a peak human, not a metahuman. Steve can do all that can do a olympic athlete, in all physical areas: strength, speed, endurance, agility. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sometimes some author, makes do at Steve something weird, called PIS (defeat Rhino, fight against Wolverine, Spidey) , and some people or fanboy think that is more than a peak human, but he's not.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander505:

Except Olympic athletes can't leap on top of buildings, run 1 minute miles, and actually "see" bullets before dodging them.

No Caption Provided

I'd like to see an athlete do this:

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Nothing to do with superiority. It's just been widely acknowledged on this site that Steve is considered enhanced human. I mentioned earlier peak is considered Olympic level, as in the character is regularly training intensively with no "enhancements." And guess what, Captain America is enhanced with a little something called the Super Soldier Serum. I'm not going to debate about semantics and comic book science with you, because it's a waste of time. Just telling you how it is.

Note the lack of sarcasm there.

Well it is to do with superiority. Don't try to go back on what you said now.

"I really don't like this new breed of users" as if we're some kind of new unwanted species that don't know what they're talking about, but obviously you're superior to them because you're more knowledgeable than them.

You're forgetting that once you were a noob to comics, just like everyone was at some point. You've probably had a misconception about something, just like other people in this "new breed of users" you don't like might have. I wonder if someone didn't like you for being new?

Aside from that, the point you aren't getting is is that Cap isn't as far off of people like Batman as you're making him out to be. A noticeable bit, perhaps, but not that much. The serum gives Cap the absolute best physical condition a human can ever hope to reach, but nothing exceeding that. It's never been put out in black and white that 616 cap is a metahuman.

I'll quote what OOWW already posted, from Ed Brubaker. It pretty much confirms what I said:

"I agree with parts of a lot of people's comments here and elsewhere. But I think it's a bit funny to see people get so bent out of shape when a guy who's given something called the 'Super Soldier Serum' turns out to be a bit more than the average human. He's been leaping out of the windows of eight story buildings and across city streets in NYC, dodging bullets, doing amazing feats of speed and strength, since I started reading the book in the early 70s.

My take has always been that Cap is the peak of human POTENTIAL.What humans might someday be able to do, physically, he already can. If it was just about having an olypic-level athlete, do you really think all these groups and scientists would have been wasting 50plus years trying to replicate the SSS?

All I've done is have him say outloud what's always been pretty clear to me as a fan of the character. He's always been a lot stronger and faster than the average well-trained athlete. And I've always hated the Batman comparisons. Batman trained himself, Cap got given a miracle serum. I'm not making that up or changing anything.

Daredevil is more like Batman, physically, and yet in Born Again, Cap races by him so fast he's a breeze. As for Cap running 60mph. In the comic, I think he says he can run a mile in a little over a minute when he HAS to. It's not even implied that he can keep that up all day. It's a full-on burst of speed, when he has to."

Surely that's enough for you, but it probably won't be.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By texasdeathmatch

@renaissanceman said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

I've been debating on comic forums since you were in diapers probably. I'm not new to this.

Haha yikes. So you've been debating for that long, and you're still b*tching and moaning about comparing Deathstroke and Captain America. Seems like you've been spending the last 20+ years well.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By texasdeathmatch

@i_like_swords:

Once again, I don't want to argue about semantics. I'm well aware of that quote. Peak of human potential. Got it. I still don't consider that description "peak" human. I consider Olympic level athletes peak. If someone is above peak, I consider that enhanced (and then you get into Meta...super...etc).

You seem to be on vendetta for me calling you a new breed of users. Didn't mean anything personal about it, I just find it silly since its widely agreed about Captain America's physical class.

@super_soldierxii: You might need to chime in if you can, I'm not the best for this.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CheeseSticks

Cap is peak human. Deathstroke is Metahuman. This is well documented. There is a difference. Stop making it seem like they are synonymous just because of their background.

Cap > Deathstroke and i hate Cap will all my hearth.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@sheenlantern said:

This isn't a battle.

Correct.

@texasdeathmatch said:

Incorrect. Cap is the pinnacle of human evolution. The best a human could ever hope to become. Not merely 'enhanced'

Besides, when has anyone ever compared both of them? I've never seen them compared once.

what if a human hoped to become a god tier reality warper?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@sheenlantern said:

This isn't a battle.

Correct.

@texasdeathmatch said:

what if a human hoped to become a god tier reality warper?

Then they'd be above human. They'd be hoping to become a "meta" human.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renaissanceman said:

You are out of your mind. On panel evidence suggests otherwise.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheesesticks said:

@renaissanceman said:

You are out of your mind. On panel evidence suggests otherwise.

How could panel evidence show that if they never fought ?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@batman242 said:

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

Really bro. I can't believe it bro. What was I thinking bro. It'll probably get moved bro. Thanks for the heads up bro.

......There wasn't any need for that....

Also, you asked two questions and didn't put question marks.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renaissanceman said:

@batman242 said:

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

......There wasn't any need for that....

Also, you asked two questions and didn't put question marks.

ok sorry

dominicwalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

steve roger said he was as strong as half his platoon,soo hes stronger or as strong as 4 well trained soldiers.In your local gym you can find a person stronger than 2 well trained soldiers.if steve is as strong as 4 soldiers he shouldnt be doing what he does,who knows maybe he gets an adrenaline spike lmao.WELL,deathstroke is way past peak human level,and way past the strenght of 4 man.So as far as the comics say,captain america shouldnt b compared to deathstroke.Iv seen too that ppl make threads about cap vs ds,and i always root for ds,but if batman can fight ds,captain will be able to manage better than batman.in a fight there are things more important than ur strenght,but i also think ds is superior in those O_O.

ok im just talking nonsense,watever,those 2 are good characters.But yea i think captain america is peak human(comic style(which means past olympic athletes full of steroids)) and deathstroke is meta-human(past everything that has to do with humans)

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve is hardly stronger than Batman. Stroke is definitely above them both. But who cares? Both awesome characters.