What's your favorite arrowverse show?

#1 Posted by KingEtrigan77 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

BQ: What do you think of the latest season of Supergirl?

#2 Edited by ANTHP2000 (29542 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only watched Arrow up to S5 and Legends up to S3. I like Legends way more on average, but at its best Arrow is actually pretty interesting. I'm getting back to Legends soon though.

I know I could never stand Supergirl due to Melissa's annoyingly akward performance and while I really like Barry in the crossovers, the whole concept of the Flash never intrigued me at all.

The Arrowverse in general is trash quality wise if we're being objective, but it can be enteraining.

#3 Posted by Joker567892 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash Seasons 1 and 2.

Arrow seasons 1,2, and 5 are the best to me overall, everything else is bad.

#4 Posted by The_Hajduk (6680 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only watched Arrow up to S5 and Legends up to S3. I like Legends way more on average, but at its best Arrow is actually pretty interesting. I'm getting back to Legends soon though.

I know I could never stand Supergirl due to Melissa's annoyingly akward performance and while I really like Barry in the crossovers, the whole concept of the Flash never intrigued me at all.

The Arrowverse in general is trash quality wise if we're being objective, but it can be enteraining.

I hate that attitude. There is nothing objectively trash. Anything that you say you dislike about the Arrowverse, somebody else might have reasons for LOVING.

#5 Posted by ANTHP2000 (29542 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000 said:

I hate that attitude. There is nothing objectively trash. Anything that you say you dislike about the Arrowverse, somebody else might have reasons for LOVING.

I understand that, I don't mind people loving it. It's just that objectively, its quality is trash - and there are objective factors that measure quality in TV shows.

#6 Posted by The_Hajduk (6680 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by ANTHP2000 (29542 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by The_Hajduk (6680 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: I know your kind. I've dealt with them for years. You probably think Daredevil should win emmy awards and that goes to show the extent of your tv knowledge. I am telling you that quality is not an objective measure, and to plenty of people, The Flash and Arrow are quality. They have fans because people think they are quality. Unless your next argument is that every single fan of The Flash and Arrow is stupid.

#9 Posted by ANTHP2000 (29542 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk:

I don't think Daredevil should win Emmy awards. I only think it should win anything in the context of other CB related shows.

Okay, if you say so.

#10 Posted by ThorofAsgard (583 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow in my opinion is the only one that’s not cringeworthy

#11 Posted by mrmonster (16292 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow. It's the only one I even still watch, and it's definitely the one only I plan to watch next season.

#12 Posted by DanielDaRipper (5737 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000 said:

I disagree. I mean objectively speaking is this not trash?

Loading Video...

Yeah some people might like but that's their opinion doesn't mean it can't be objectively bad. I like the Arrowverse shows and I think that for the most part they do have good quality but at times they don't like these.

No Caption Provided
Two separate scenes which are actually just the same scene but edited
Two separate scenes which are actually just the same scene but edited

Right after Ra's slits Oliver's wrist the cut is nowhere to be seen
Right after Ra's slits Oliver's wrist the cut is nowhere to be seen

#13 Edited by The_Hajduk (6680 posts) - - Show Bio

@danieldaripper: So because you found two freeze-frame photos showing blink and you'll miss em continuity errors means the whole story is bad ? Do you realize that the same type of stuff happens in every single long running tv show? Even game of thrones.

#14 Posted by DanielDaRipper (5737 posts) - - Show Bio

@danieldaripper: So because you found two freeze-frame photos showing blink and you'll miss em continuity errors means the whole story is bad ?

We're talking about quality as a whole not just story in which the story for all the shows so far hasn't quite reached the level of their previous seasons. There are other things too like reusing shooting locations or camera shots of cities etc. I'm just saying things can be objectively bad and that the shows quality isn't always perfect. I can point out similar things to the Netflix shows too though it's harder.

#15 Posted by ThorofAsgard (583 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster: I don’t what it is but it’s just head and shoulders above the others. I think it’s because it’s not based around supernatural characters like the others and it has a more serious tone. Not dark but still serious and not as goofy. It’s hard for a tv network like CW do good with Flash for instance when they don’t have the budget for CGI that doesn’t look corny. Imagine Aquaman on the CW. yikes lol

#16 Edited by mrmonster (16292 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorofasgard: Agreed. I think it's the tone more than anything else. The overly goofy tone of The Flash gets tiresome, Arrow has never had that problem, except maybe in season 4.

#17 Posted by Cramem (328 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Constantine

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#18 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17576 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow

#19 Posted by Supermanthor (22667 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow