Avatar image for spiderfan130666
SpiderFan130666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SpiderFan130666

DCEU Superman. Love him or hate him, we should all get a grasp on his true power. We need to stop lowballing him and there has been a major issue especially when comparing him in CW matches.

It all centres around this feat:

No Caption Provided

So many people have mistakenly labeled it as an outlier and therefore have rejected it in threads. They also take issue with not having seen it. In reality, there are several feats that actually prove he IS that strong.

Here, Superman LEAPS several miles into the air. Emphasis on LEAPS. He hasn't learned how to fly yet, he hasn't even discovered his true potential. And he jump into the clouds.

Here he withstands the full force of the Gravity Beam generated by the World Engine.

To be clear, the shockwave is far greater than any earthquake.

These engines were terraforming devices designed for:

"increasing the Earth's mass, clouding the atmosphere with particulates. Planetary engineering. Modifying the Earth's atmosphere and topography."

Essentially they were making the Earth into Krypton. Krypton is MUCH larger than Earth and therefore, its gravity is MUCH stronger, as evidenced by it having four large moons to Earth's one.

When Superman is standing under the World Engine, he is being weakened by it

That's why he struggles to fly:

Now, we come to the part where Superman finally realizes his true power and becomes Chris Reeves

This is a spectacular feat of strength, and definitely required multi-millions of tons of lifting force. Not only is Superman still not at full power, but he's flying straight through the beam AND through the World Engine which is over 130 metres tall, and on top of that, nearly indestructible.

And then it explodes with Superman in the centre:

Superman is out cold for maybe a few seconds before a ray of sunlight shines on him. It then takes him a maximum of SEVENTY seconds to travel to the other side of the world and that's assuming he started flying immediately after.

That puts his top speed around Mach 400

Now all of this is impressive but it still might not be enough. So let's go further and investigate a feat that really is ignored and when it should not be:

Superman escaping the gravitational pull of the Phantom Zone

As previously explained, the Phantom Zone operates like a singularity, drawing in its victims like a black hole.

Effectively, Superman is defying the gravity comparable to a black hole, something beyond anything any of his CW counterparts have done

Before you complain about Lois, there's a link which explains this

Also, I am not ignoring anything. I KNOW this is not a black hole. But it's close enough that the feat cannot be discounted.

At any rate, he is shown to be immensely powerful.

To further cement his power, I will add feats from Justice League:

Here, Superman overpowers these three.

When Barry shows up, Superman effortlessly throws them aside.

Aquaman, by comparison is capable of lifting at least half a million.

Wonder Woman was at least strong enough to match Doomsday.

And Cyborg can casually swat aside Humvees.

And perhaps an even more notable feat is the resurrection via Mother Box.

This is what Bruce has to say:

"Muscles. Coordination. Basic cellular integrity. A human being can only absorb so much.The Mother Box was designed to reshape a planet. But what if you were stronger than a planet? If your cells were lying dormant, but incapable of decay?"

A lot of people will call this exaggeration. But think of how the Mother Box works. It effectively strips away at the core and rebuilds. Accelerates decay and destruction while strengthening it. Superman is virtually indestructible and so the Mother Box does not tear away at him. Instead it gives him a jumpstart which allows him to wake up.

I'm not saying this makes him planetary level for sure. But then consider what he does to Steppenwolf:

You guys can laugh at this, but the New God was not weak by any means.

It took the power of multiple Gods to take him down.

And if you're calling Zeus weak, please remember that even after defeating his son Ares who was empowered by the conflict of man, he still had enough left to create Diana and all of Themyscira.

If you're still in doubt:

With Cyborg's help Superman separates the Motherboxes.

Considering the difference in power levels, Superman did most of the work.

At any rate, seeing how the Boxes were reshaping the entire Planet, that is another example of Superman's power.

To call his shifting of a tectonic plate an outlier, is just ridiculous at this point. You would have to lowball EVERY one of these feats.

Furthermore, there is no reason not to consider the feat unreliable simply because it was in a newspaper. That's just pathetic at that point.

When we consider how many of CW Supergirl or Barry's feats are based on what people say, we should be reasonable here.

For example, Supergirl lifting the key to the fortress of Solitude is impressive BECAUSE according to Olsen, it weighs a million tonnes. We don't hear that, it's not impressive.

With Barry, he can supposedly generate 2.86 billion joules (roughly the power of three lightning bolts). That's again according to someone else: Sherloque Wells.

Likewise, Bruce calling Superman "stronger than a planet" is what makes the use of a Mother Box a big deal.

I feel there is a great deal of hypocrisy at work and I want it to end.

I am not opening this up for questions. I know there are those of you will not accept this, regardless of evidence. I am not trying to start a debate. I am trying to set the record straight.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I am not opening this up for questions"

Then why make the thread? The majority of comicvine already knows this is all wank so if you're not willing to debate and change minds then why make the thread?

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I basically agree with everything. No complaints from me.

DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: It's definitely wank, trying to pass the TECTONIC PLATES article as a legit feat, throwing "multi million tons of lifting strength" out of nowhere, while all the World Engine did was increase gravity, high enough to collapse bulidings, which would be accomplished by increasing the gravity merely ten times(not saying that is how much it actually increased it), which would mean it increased Superman's weight to aproximately ten tons, and that's why it would make sense he was struggling to fly with that weight, because Krypton's atmosphere weakened him. He also makes it seem like he was being affected by a instantaneous planetary terraforming device, while in reality it would have taken who knows how much time to actually terraform the entire planet, and Superman just stood under it for a few moments.

As for the black hole resisting nonsense i could just aswell label it as an outlier but it doesn't actually work the way it says in the video he linked. If the singularity only absorbed things that were affected by the energy emitted by the Black Zero, then it would have swallowed the entire chunk of Earth the energy passed through to get to the other side of the planet, but it didn't, not even close.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every durability feat, every strength feat, every raw offensive power feat that Supes has demonstrated has been EXCEEDED by Thor.

Every feat of Thor's has been 100% on screen.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkpsychiclord_prime: No, because you blatantly disagree with arguments by undermining points without any legitimate reason as to why they should not be considered.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yea no the newspaper feat has no validity as a feat.

If you think newspaper articles are fact then I question your judgement on everything not just feat related, you have no evidence of the feat you think happened other than a newspaper clipping which is not evidence newspapers lie all the time.

The other feats you showed don't even come close to comparing to moving a tectonic plate. The feats you posted aren't even strength feats you tried to use durability feats and flying feats so this whole post makes no sense.

It has already been established on this site many times the newspaper clipping feat isn't valid.

MrTrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Probably happened. Kind of dumb, but sure, Supes' can move tectonic plates, whatever.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without his off screen tectonic plate feat he is massively below Arrowverse feat.

Even Barry & Firestorm was no sell to blackhole that was ripping buildings apart.

Loading Video...

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His true power is his ability to statue Thor

@xzone

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why MCU fans hate DCEU fans.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how you kept it strictly within the MoS movie. But this wasn't really needed, you don't want to be the DCEU xzone

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Supermanforever

This is why MCU fans hate DCEU fans.

not that i consider the tectonic plate as feat, but mcu fans even worse claiming thor is star level and lifted the rings.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: I don’t think anyone is claiming he lifted the rings (that I have seen anyways), but moving them is a valid claim

X

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I wouldn't mind if superman really turned out that powerful. But there's no evidence supporting it and evidence otherwise

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No complaints from me either, mate. But I kinda don't agree with the tectonic plate feat (even tho Luthor confirmed in the tie ins) and the "black hole" feat.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I see nothing wrong with making a thread on a topic such as this, but saying, “I’m not opening this up for questions” doesn’t make much sense

X

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Live action is over scrutinized on this site

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. His first two jumps were definelty not miles and when he reached the clouds he was actually starting to fly but then failed.

2. Based off what is the World engine a multi million tone feat? It only manipulates the gravity and accelerates it. In comics Krytons gravity was only what? 5000x that of earth? Increasing the gravity to 100 million times that of earth would have done MUCH more than that.

3. Both DCEU and MCU fans have all agreed that that is in no way a Black hole.

Now back to your tectonic plate thing. Even if we were to say those feats were “million ton” feats I sincerely hope you realize moving a TECTONIC PLATE is much harder than making a few million tons.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By ProfessorRespect

arf, the plate wank never ends, doesn't it

Lord_Doom159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Id say he needs striking feats to match he’s hype of power tho he is obviously that strong and fast just hasn’t had the right showing in a fight to prove it

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@spiderfan130666:

1) Doing Superleaps isn't comparable to moving tectonic plates, Hulk can perform Super Leaps.

2)

and definitely required multi-millions of tons of lifting force

How did you get to this figure?

3)

That puts his top speed around Mach 400

It's already well known that his Travel Speed is up to Mach 900.

And that's travel speed, not combat speed.

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, all things taken into consideration, Superman may actually be that powerful, but I wouldn't use that on the Battle Forums.

SpiderFan130666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98:

If you think newspaper articles are fact then I question your judgement on everything not just feat related, you have no evidence of the feat you think happened other than a newspaper clipping which is not evidence newspapers lie all the time.

The other feats you showed don't even come close to comparing to moving a tectonicplate. The feats you posted aren't even strength feats you tried to use durability feats and flying feats so this whole post makes no sense.

You completely ignored all the evidence. That doesn't make you right.

The World Engine Feat is definitely high-tier considering it is terraforming the Entire Planet. Somebody calculated that that Superman had 62.67 million tons pushing down on him. And he's not even at full power.

Furthermore, Superman's strength increases with every passing day. It only seems logical that he becomes strong enough to do this eventually. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice occurred two years after Man of Steel and Superman's power does not increase incrementally. It increases EXPONENTIALLY.

It has already been established on this site many times the newspaper clipping feat isn't valid.

Based on Superman's other showings it IS valid.

I will update my board for further feats.

SpiderFan130666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SpiderFan130666

@plotweapon16255:

Without his off screen tectonic plate feat he is massively below Arrowverse feat.

Even Barry & Firestorm was no sell to blackhole that was ripping buildings apart.

That's not even a durability feat.

If I ever had any doubt that you were a CW fanboy, it was utterly erased.

Barry used the Speed Force to STABILIZE the singularity TEMPORARILY whilst Firestorm used his energy to cause the Singularity to collapse on itself. And in case you're forgetting, Ronnie died!

Also, Firestorm gets weak from getting shot with arrows so...

@chazzer:

Every durability feat, every strength feat, every raw offensive power feat that Supes has demonstrated has been EXCEEDED by Thor.

WRONG. Thor's best durability feat is good but raw offensive power was never even remotely in his ballpark. All of Thor's high-tier attacks were lightning-based. Energy-wise he's more powerful, as far as I can tell, but physically, it's in Superman's favour. I still favour Thor over him, though.

Also, Superman's best high-tier feat (Mother-Boxes) is ON-Screen

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255:

That's not even a durability feat.

Being no sell to something that's ripping buildings apart is durability genius.

Try harder.

Barry used the Speed Force to STABILIZE the singularity TEMPORARILY

Bullshit.

Brilliant! He's contained the Singularity by adding to its angular momentum! Barry, it's stabilizing.Keep doing what you're doing!

whilst Firestorm used his energy to cause the Singularity to collapse on itself.

Another bullshit.

We have to merge the inner and outer event horizons.

How do we do that?

By separating in the eye of it.The amount of energy from the fissure should do the trick.

And in case you're forgetting, Ronnie died!

Coz of his Quantum Splicer was ripped of him that caused

Exponentially increasing the rate of fission inside his body.

So ur Someone who doesn't understand split durability.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Thor is currently Gag Character who one shots omnipotent beings and it is still lowball

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@spiderfan130666:

No your evidence just isn't applicable to this "feat" which you have no knowledge of saying how it was performed because it is from a NEWSPAPER CLIPPING. Maybe he COULD perform the feat but you literally have no evidence for it so you can't use it as a feat and a newspaper headline is not evidence of a feat newspapers lie, if you haven't figured that out yet you need to learn some life lessons.

The feats you post aren't even applicable to the plate feat so yea they can be ignored they don't put him anywhere near close to being able to move a tectonic plate. And you're using irrelevant feats like jumping or durability feats so yea your whole argument is poor and you've just made things up like Superman getting stronger by the day where's your evidence?

He's literally never done anything close, so no it's not and you still have 0 evidence to show for it other than a newspaper clipping.

SpiderFan130666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SpiderFan130666

@plotweapon16255:

@thorthunder98

Being no sell to something that's ripping buildings apart is durability genius.

Wrong. Because it never touches him.

Try harder.

Impossible.

Bullshit.

Not at all. Otherwise he'd be dead.

Brilliant! He's contained the Singularity by adding to its angular momentum! Barry, it's stabilizing.Keep doing what you're doing!

And then Firestorm saved his ass. That's why Barry feels like a fraud.

whilst Firestorm used his energy to cause the Singularity to collapse on itself.

Another bullshit.

Wrong again

We have to merge the inner and outer event horizons.

How do we do that?

By separating in the eye of it.The amount of energy from the fissure should do the trick.

Hence, collapse.

He absorbs energy. That's not durability.

So ur Someone who doesn't understand split durability.

Nope. You're someone who genuinely believes all CW characters are gods.

I will not allow this to continue.

No your evidence just isn't applicable to this "feat" which you have no knowledge of saying how it was performed because it is from a NEWSPAPER CLIPPING. Maybe he COULD perform the feat

Wrong. He DID perform the feat,

but you literally have no evidence for it so you can't use it as a feat and a newspaper headline is not evidence of a feat newspapers lie, if you haven't figured that out yet you need to learn some life lessons.

If you haven't figured out that your word is meaningless compared to the director's you need serious help.

The feats you post aren't even applicable to the plate feat

Yes actually they are

so yea they can be ignored they don't put him anywhere near close to being able to move a tectonic plate.

Yes, actually they do.

And you're using irrelevant feats like jumping or durability feats so yea your whole argument is poor and you've just made things up like Superman getting stronger by the day where's your evidence?

Look at him growing up.

Look at this quote:

"You've grown stronger here than I ever could have imagined. The only way to know how strong is to keep testing your limits."

So he does. And he keeps doing it.

He's literally never done anything close,

Except he has. I am not going to re-list the feats

so no it's not and you still have 0 evidence to show for it other than a newspaper clipping.

And all the other feats that prove his power?

All you have to counter what I have is conjecture based on your opinion of Superman which is heavily biased. Everything you post is utter rubbish because you have no means of proving it. You just keep lowballing and expect that to mean something.

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255:

Wrong. Because it never touches him.

So was the building.

Fanboy Accusation => trash.

Impossible.

Nothing is impossible.

Bullshit.

Not at all. Otherwise he'd be dead.

He didn't.

And then Firestorm saved his ass. That's why Barry feels like a fraud.

Wrong again

Hence, collapse.

#Forced

He absorbs energy. That's not durability.

LoBaLliNg.

Nope. You're someone who genuinely believes all CW characters are gods.

I wouldn't be surprised if u said Smallville superman is weaker then DCEU superman.

I will not allow this to continue.

????

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And I thought CW Flash fans were persistent...

Avatar image for theevolutionary
TheEvolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For example, Supergirl lifting the key to the fortress of Solitude is impressive BECAUSE according to Olsen, it weighs a million tonnes. We don't hear that, it's not impressive.

Loading Video...

I'm not trying to debunk anything, I'm just trying to see what you would do with the information. It explains how much the key would really weight.

SpiderFan130666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SpiderFan130666

@theevolutionary:

I'm not trying to debunk anything, I'm just trying to see what you would do with the information. It explains how much the key would really weight.

Well I mean, that key is the size of a regular household key. I fear this guy applies too much logic.

@plotweapon16255:

Enough already. You are not contributing for either side. Your posts do not support nor debunk what I'm stating. Do one or the other but don't use obscure incorrect information that doesn't even directly relate.

TheEvolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theevolutionary:

Well I mean, that key is the size of a regular household key. I fear this guy applies too much logic.

True, but it is satisfying however.

SpiderFan130666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theevolutionary: Yes, I respect his argument.

Anyway, I got the calculation of Superman's WE feat from a fellow viner. If you consider this YouTuber to be reliable, then you might consider this person to be reliable as well.

TheEvolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theevolutionary: Yes, I respect his argument.

Anyway, I got the calculation of Superman's WE feat from a fellow viner. If you consider this YouTuber to be reliable, then you might consider this person to be reliable as well.

Ofc I find your source reliable, I don't have any reason not to.

SpiderFan130666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely none of those extremely highballed and misinterpreted feats come even close to showing he would be able to shift tectonic plates.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By macleen

You forgot 300 decibels. Black-hole, the mechanics don't matter on battle forum as long as it was stated by people who knew what they were doing then it's a black-hole. Anyone who says otherwise is just salty.

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255:

Enough already. You are not contributing for either side. Your posts do not support nor debunk what I'm stating.

Do one or the otherFwdf but don't use obscure incorrect information that doesn't even directly relate.

Stop ur bullshit.

TheEvolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderfan130666: I'm currently surprised that he wasn't spaghettifyed by the black hole. At the rate of the objects rising and at the time dilation. He wasn't moving anywhere near the speed of light. According to the time dilation formula (here). Let's say that the objects were swirling up at the average speed of a level 2 hurricane's wind speed (110mph). Now the time dilation formula says that the elapsed time is equal to the elapsed time at the clock at rest. Which is relevant to you, finding the time of the clock at rest, which I THINK would be 1. You would then solve the problem with the speed of light and then work yourself down from there.

Starting at the speed of light you would have dilated around 99.99% percent of the time on the clock.

So by 99.99% of 110 mph you would get 0.00909 mph, (assuming that the slow motion is what Barry experiences) which is no where near the speed at which Barry sees.

So if that's not the speed then he must be traveling slower, correct? If he was traveling faster than light we would've went back in time and any slower he should be torn apart much quicker than he would be moving.

But this is from me and I'm sure Im not even 100% accurate with my Physics so take what I said with a LOT of salt.

SpiderFan130666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theevolutionary: That's very descriptive. I'm impressed.

FYI, I wouldn't worry about why he didn't get shredded because the Speed Force sort of protects him these things. Sort of.

What I meant was, do you consider this a durability feat?