What Heroes need a name change!!!!!!

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Knightfall225

I personally think Tim Drake needs a new superhero name instead of Red Robin because it makes him seem like he got over being replaced as robin.

ChiSoxRox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I wish Kate Kane had a more original name than Batwoman.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Knightfall225

@chisoxrox: yea ik what you mean. There are like 4 other characters with The word Bat in their name

Riven7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, Atom Smasher has always been hard rolling off the tongue. I also REALLY don't like Cpt. Marvel being called Shazam...then again, i never really liked Captain Marvel either.

There are so many "killers." Killer moth, killer croc, (both of those are good though). Not a big fan of Killer Frost. I'd much prefer a more subtle name that references her ice abilities. Like Frostbite, or, the Tundress.

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TekTheNinja

I personally think Tim Drake needs a new superhero name instead of Red Robin because it makes him seem like he got over being replaced as robin.

Loading Video...

whenever i hear his name i think of this.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#7  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I think Bucky Barnes should take up the U.S.Agent identity. While I understand that he took the Winter Soldier persona up again to redeem himself for the crimes he committed while under the control of the Russians, I feel that identity has just caused so much pain in his life and simply reminds him of all of that. I feel him taking up another identity and try to move on from his past would be a great development for the character.

He could even get a new uniform, being a combination of both his Captain America and Winter Soldier uniforms:

No Caption Provided

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

X-23

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knighthood: lol some people like the whole experiment name thing

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knighthood: lol some people like the whole experiment name thing

Yeah, but that's like Wolverine calling himself "Weapon X" or whatever. Plus X-23 doesn't come off that threatening when you think about it.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Knightfall225

@war_killer: true. It sounds like a math problem or something. It would be better if they would just give her a first name like regular people

HeckTate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

@war_killer: true. It sounds like a math problem or something.

lol

How about Power Girl, Supergirl, Batgirl/Batwoman, Aquagirl. Most of the female "sidekick" type characters seem to be very similar to their male counterparts but with "girl" "woman" or "lady" tacked on. There's a great part in the All New X-Men when Mystique is talking to Lady Mastermind about her name and she says "It seems sexist. They don't call your father 'Dude Mastermind.'"

I've also never like the name Metamorpho. It just reminds me of South Park when Cartman makes himself into a cardboard robot named Awesome-O. Also Aqualad, or anything with "lad" in it.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Harley Quinn she's not even with Joker any more so it doesn't fit.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her name is Harleen Quinzel, so...

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@ultrastarkiller said:

Her name is Harleen Quinzel, so...

I know but it was funny when she was with Joker......

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tparks  Online

Thor-girl. How original!

falcoso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone with lad in there name seems really juvenile and a lot of the heroines with girl on the end, Supergirl I can understand because she is related to superman but Power girl isn't really a girl, Power Woman is probably more accurate but just sound odd.

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman... to Aqualord >=D, and Spider-man to Spider... LORD ohhhh yeahhh... Basically, any name with Man at the end should just be replace by Lord.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Power Girl should change to Power Woman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Spider-Woman, I like the name but it seems a bit odd considering the fact that she has very little to do with Spider-Man.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gator4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Aqualad...definitely not a fitting name and the word lad itself is weird to me, lol.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
Hel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hel

Strong-Guy, Aqualad, Squirrel Girl and this poor sod;

No Caption Provided

Matter-Eater Lad

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Black Lightning

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By M3th

I think Tim Drake should stop being Red Robin and become BlackHawk or White Falcon (yes like the power ranger.)

I also think J'onn needs a better name. I'd add that Miles Morales should get his own name he can be Thee Ultimate Spider since Superior Spider is taken.

I think Wally West should be FlashBack and wear a black and yellow Flash costume. His name can also be Blitz or something.

Too lazy to think about somebody else. [×]

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@hecktate said:

@knightfall225 said:

lol

How about Power Girl, Supergirl, Batgirl/Batwoman, Aquagirl. Most of the female "sidekick" type characters seem to be very similar to their male counterparts but with "girl" "woman" or "lady" tacked on. There's a great part in the All New X-Men when Mystique is talking to Lady Mastermind about her name and she says "It seems sexist. They don't call your father 'Dude Mastermind.'"

I've also never like the name Metamorpho. It just reminds me of South Park when Cartman makes himself into a cardboard robot named Awesome-O. Also Aqualad, or anything with "lad" in it.

It's no more sexist than Mr Fantastic or Mr Miracle

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@hecktate said:

@knightfall225 said:

lol

They aren't male versions of female characters called Fantastic or Miracle though. I think the problem is adding gender to an un-gendered name.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MatteoPG

Aquaman... to Aqualord >=D, and Spider-man to Spider... LORD ohhhh yeahhh... Basically, any name with Man at the end should just be replace by Lord.

So.... Superlord, Lord-Bat and Lord-darin? ;)

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@hecktate said:

@knightfall225 said:

lol

They aren't male versions of female characters called Fantastic or Miracle though. I think the problem is adding gender to an un-gendered name.

Exactly. Mr. Fantastic is not the male side-kick to a superheroine called Mrs. Fantastic. Then it would be the same as spider-woman, spider-girl and so on.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@hecktate said:

@knightfall225 said:

lol

Exactly. Mr. Fantastic is not the male side-kick to a superheroine called Mrs. Fantastic. Then it would be the same as spider-woman, spider-girl and so on.

What about sidekicks with Kid, Boy or Lass in there name? Are they ageist?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@matteopg said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@hecktate said:

@knightfall225 said:

lol

For me, Mr. and Mrs. Fantastic would be fine, because it's at least equal, and it was already a gendered name.

HeckTate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By HeckTate

@jonny_anonymous: Well it certainly bugs me when I come across them, but for whatever reason not to the same extent as "Lad." Isk, lass may be right up there with it but no characters with that name come to mind off the top of my head.

And while we're on Mr. Fantastic that's another name I've never been fond of. Every other Fantastic Four member has a name that describes their powers, but I guess Mr. Fantastic is too good for that. They may as well just named him "That Awesome Guy who Leads the Team."

Discopirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hel said:

Strong-Guy, Aqualad, Squirrel Girl and this poor sod;

No Caption Provided

Matter-Eater Lad

Squirrel Girl and Matter-Eater Lad; I had to Google both to see you weren't making them up! These two (especially the later) definitely take the biscuit!

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Mr. Terrific, Power Girl, Supergirl, Superman, Mr. Fantastic, most of the Legion of Super-Heroes

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dick Grayson. Not his super-name, but his real one.

The New 52 implies that superheroes have only been around since about 2006. There is no way in hell a modern teenager is willingly going to refer to himself as "Dick".

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Black Lightning.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

No Caption Provided

mtrakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Thats why I read Winter Soldier. His travels and constant pain. Plus Buck is a black ops kinda guy, shouldn't have any ties to the US in his attire. Just my thought.

Kwodam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i really dont like speedy name

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me either now that i think about it. The name doesnt fit the character at all

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why the f*ck is he even called Speedy?

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Why the f*ck is he even called Speedy?

Because Speedy, while never as precise with an arrow, was even faster drawing and firing arrows than was Green Arrow himself.