DC Announces 10 Convergence Titles Featuring Stephanie Brown, Cassandra Cain, and More

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@pspin: you don't have to read future's end. Future's end is like Countdown (pre new 52) where it is not important for major event

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Eh em......for the record I solidly disapprove of them announcing this with so many old 52 characters because its bringing back the annoying whining about how the "New 52 sucks and will never be as good that's why I hate it and refuse to buy anything that may effect the opinion I formed after its first announcement".

But this is still cool....I just wish for a more in depth crisis then this so it seemed more cohesive.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: you can't deny some of new 52 suck for example Teen Titans

Lemuel15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Lemuel15

@jayc1324: Basically Braniac took cities from other universes that have ended (pre-new 52, flashpoint, red son, golden age, etc.) and he's put them together on one earth in an experiment to see how they interact with each other. I do hope the new 52 characters are involved in this though.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By darkman61288

@farkam said:

I thought Supes was with Diana D:

In the New 52. Anything Prior with Lois.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ooh.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Eh em......for the record I solidly disapprove of them announcing this with so many old 52 characters because its bringing back the annoying whining about how the "New 52 sucks and will never be as good that's why I hate it and refuse to buy anything that may effect the opinion I formed after its first announcement".

But this is still cool....I just wish for a more in depth crisis then this so it seemed more cohesive.

In all fairness, a lot of the creators still aren't happy about the New 52. This may be a way to try and bring some of the better writers back in the fold a bit.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Koays

@koays: you can't deny some of new 52 suck for example Teen Titans

WOAH! I make it a policy in life to never defend Scott Lobdell so that's not even fair.... Yea it sucked like vacuum cleaner. And to be completely honest, I had grown tired of the Pre52 Teen Titans because of a lack of cohesion and constant state of flux on the roster It was worlds better then Lobdell but it wasn't good compared to a lot of other books.

The new Teen Titans book (despite being interrupted by events before it caught its stride) seems to have alot more potential then both previous ones did had they continued from their last issues.

Most of the New 52 at launch was shaky, but anything that's lasted this long is good or great, and most of the newer titles from the last 4 months to now are helping to vastly improve the overall content consistency. Bringing back the Old 52 characters just as the average quality for the whole company has taken a huge raise isn't good. Especially since right now, I think the New 52 is approaching being on par with the old one.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So damn confusing.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Boynerdgeek

@koays: don't get me wrong...I like some stuff from new 52 but some stuff I hate it. For example I prefer Superboy pre new 52 than new 52. I prefer Tim Drake pre new 52 than new 52. I prefer Wally West pre new 52 than new 52. Like I said, I like some stuff from new 52 which is example like Grayson series and New event Godhead so far so good. I like Dick Grayson as Batman (because he is not so serious all the time) same as Dick Grayson spyral series.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf said:

@koays said:

In all fairness, a lot of the creators still aren't happy about the New 52. This may be a way to try and bring some of the better writers back in the fold a bit.

Yea but i don't think this is the best way to do it. I mean DC clearly has a direction that their taking the New 52, and alot of the creators just seem to find it difficult to work with in some of those confines. But saying "you can play with our old toys" when the big plans are about the "new toys" seems counter productive to the future of the company.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@lvenger: I'm glad your happy, but your getting excited for the wrong reason (although I don't get why you didn't see this coming considering this event is a melting pot of continuities).

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: don't get me wrong...I like some stuff from new 52 but some stuff I hate it. For example I prefer Superboy pre new 52 than new 52. I prefer Tim Drake pre new 52 than new 52. I prefer Wally West pre new 52 than new 52. Like I said, I like some stuff from new 52 which is example like Grayson series and New event Godhead so far so good. I like Dick Grayson as Batman (because he is not so serious all the time) same as Dick Grayson spyral series.

I'm actually the opposite when it comes to Tim Drake...i prefer the old background but like the new direction. And Superboy, (like Supergirl some months) just needs some editorial direction.

But yea I can sympathize with liking older versions of the characters, I loved Stephanie Brown as character since I got into comics and felt bad when her Batgirl book was canceled....but just as I'm getting a feel for the new Steph in Batman Eternal they announce their bringing back old Steph for this event. It's not really fair because it will likely make me think less of the new character.

Which isnt really fair if my first complaint the plate of Waffles I have today is that it isn't the plate of Pancakes from yesterday. Comparing them is going to happen, but it's not going to make the Waffles any better.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm excited. I have no idea whats going on, but I'm excited.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like they should just have books that are set completely in pre 52. Have some in new 52 but to make us happy do stuff in the old continuity. They already ruined Helena bertanelli and Wally west. Not to mention all the characters they ruined when new 52 began. Plus this is minor fan service to make up for a ton of stuff. It's not sincere. I want stuff like Clark and Lois being together all the time. Plus can they go more than a year without babs and dick being a couple. I get tired of them, dc always runs back to this unnecessary couple instead of giving us the freaking relationship that has been there since action comics number 1 (I mean the golden age one).

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: you know what is unique about DC Universe...it is because their multiverse is interesting in my opinion. The Golden Age Superman is different from The Modern Superman. They are from different continuity. Superman in Golden Age works at Daily Star while Superman in Modern Age works at Daily Planet. That is why for me if you don't like this version of The Flash, you can like another version of The Flash

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf said:

@koays said:

IDK, DC has a lot of good writers as it is, and they're already bringing in plenty of new blood all the time, so it's not like they need it.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: don't you heard news some comics writer and artist publicly announce don't like new 52 for example Mark Waid

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: Yeah I know, I'm just saying DC doesn't need them.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: really ? DC doesn't need them ? I'm sure sometime Didio will call writers to comeback at DC for example in this case Greg Rucka

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: That's the problem. DC really didn't really have a direction set for the New 52. A lot of writers have gone on record about how the decision came at the last minute, and had 0 idea about what they were going to do with the new setting. The retcons made in the TPBs really show how poorly planned it was. Heck, the DC higher ups weren't even sure if Ma and Pa Kent were alive until months into the new 'verse.

Not saying I hate the New 52, mind you. I actually enjoy some of the new takes on characters. I simply prefer the old timeline and find the lack of planning on the part of DC management really annoying. In all fairness, maybe they have better long term plans in place now, of course.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Koays

@boynerdgeek: Well sure and their are like a dozen flashes/lanterns/supers/bats in any one universe you look at anyway. But i just don't feel like this particular Universe (the old 52) should exist independently. At least not yet. I mean it's not like this is Kingdom Come or the All Star universe...this is the world that most people grew up with and are biased towards instantly. It carries too much weight with it.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: I'm not saying it isn't nice to have them, I'm just saying DC doesn't need them.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Many of these sound interesting, Speed Force, Titans and Justice League are the ones I'm looking forward to the most. There will be more series announced and it's going to be fun.

That being said the one book that I'm not interested in is Nightwing/Oracle, I'm tired of this "red-string-of-fate" BS with regards to Dick/Babs, they really aren't that good of a couple. I really hope we get a Dick/Bats Dam/Robin miniseries or a Titans book where he is in it (he could be in the one solicited) because I don't want my 2 months break from Grayson to be filled with Dick/Babs shipper pandering, especially since we already have Earth-2 for that.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

OMG!!It's the real DC!! Roy,how I have missed you!!!

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, this stuff looks fantastic! Is this fan service or are they just rubbing it in our face? Return to New 52 status quo when it's over?

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Boynerdgeek

@koays: keep in mind...DC Silver Age continuity exist as same time of DC Golden Age continuity. Besides like I said, you can do new 52 and pre new 52 kind like Marvel 616 and Marvel ultimate universe. This situation is win-win situation for both party

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing and Barbara getting married.

F**K YES!!!

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read Cassandra Cain and immediately got excited but I'm not too sure what's really gonna happen here.

Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Blackice709

meh

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youknowwhattodo: Dick Grayson Batman series written by Grant Morrison will be cool. I don't mind if Scott Snyder write Dick Grayson Batman because The Black Mirror is fantastic

Also I want to see Geoff Johns Teen Titans which is Superboy, Tim Drake, Wondergirl, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Starfire, Raven, Impulse. I don't mind Peter David Young Justice :)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Koays

@meatwadf said:

@koays: That's the problem. DC really didn't really have a direction set for the New 52. A lot of writers have gone on record about how the decision came at the last minute, and had 0 idea about what they were going to do with the new setting. The retcons made in the TPBs really show how poorly planned it was. Heck, the DC higher ups weren't even sure if Ma and Pa Kent were alive until months into the new 'verse.

Not saying I hate the New 52, mind you. I actually enjoy some of the new takes on characters. I simply prefer the old timeline and find the lack of planning on the part of DC management really annoying. In all fairness, maybe they have better long term plans in place now, of course.

Maybe for lower titles an finer details sure, they obviously didn't map everything out. But there were clearly bridges between series and attempts to lead toward something big in the works from early days and including the first wave of new titles.

We had- Team 7, Deathstroke and Birds of Prey pulling at the same 7 year prior plot threads.
Teen Titans, Superboy, Legion Lost and Ravagers building toward the future Superboy story.
Demon Knights and Stormwatch sharing a unknown origin
And Justice League and Worlds Finest building on the Darkseid plot that is currently making it's way to the forefront.

They didn't and couldn't possibly no the intricate details of the universe as soon as they made it but they had some direction. And really just by looking at the list I put, you can see that if they did plan out everything then it would've been more of a mess as everything fell apart after cancellations.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperman said:

I'm not really sure about bringing all these reallities and parallel universo back. it all seems kinda confusing to me. Why did they create a reboot then?

To streamline the main history. The pre-Flashpoint characters all existed, they just don't now, but they were once a thing as far as the universe knows, and they've said that Universe does still exist. Just we don't follow it anymore. I suppose, anyway.

This seems more like a collection of Elseworlds stories, that are loosely connected to the main continuity in that weird comic way things are.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperman : well Identity Crisis and Cry for Justice destroy Justice League and old DCU....Reboot somehow try to fix the problem but it create new problem which is they want some elements from pre new 52 for example Batman and Green Lantern stuff happen from old DC Universe

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: keep in mind...DC Silver Age continuity exist as same time of DC Golden Age continuity. Besides like I said, you can do new 52 and pre new 52 kind like Marvel 616 and Marvel ultimate universe. This situation is win-win situation for both party

Not in this situation.....times have changed vastly and the internet has made New 52 the enemy. It's just too soon to give it a fair chance. Maybe in another 7 years sure then it will mostly be nostalgia, but right now it's going to negatively effect the New 52.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Boynerdgeek

@koays: Another 7 years....really ??? 2015 is perfect because it is celebration of 30th anniversary of Crisis. Dan didio said that in official press release

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For how long Ive waited for Cassandra Cain to appear I'm not really that excited. It doesn't seem like there's anything new being brought to the table with her.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are we getting this ?

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Another 7 years....really ??? 2015 is perfect because it is celebration of 30th anniversary of Crisis. Dan didio said that in official press release

Oh, actually didn't know that. But i was referring more to the idea of them coexisting at the same time as the New 52 is being punlished, more then just this event. They'll probably never find a better time to have a multiverse war/

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please, oh please, let them finally use this as a continuity patch to fix up the titans, to lobdell in sight, bring back Lian damn it

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By meatwadf

@koays: Oh no. Lol Not everything, but they should have given their teams a better heads up than a couple of months, and they should have had all of the major stuff worked out, for sure. We still don't know what the deal is with Blackest Night or Brightest Day. What about Nightfall? It happened, but clearly differently. There's also the Titans debacle, multiple versions of Beast Boy in the first year, and the problem with Metamorpho on the JLA.

They absolutely should have had a solid outline on the 'verse, the broad strokes they needed to cover, and any important details they need to work on. Instead, the first year came off as disjointed and poorly thought out. Things have improved, but there are still some lingering issues long after they should have been covered in a Secret Origins backup, or some such. These at things they made sure to handle after CoIE, that they just sort of put off for "future me," to work on here.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf: it is funny that in Superman #32 it is tease that Death of Superman may actually happen...

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperman: if you ask me, the good way to reboot universe is start from point zero which is Dick Grayson as kid be Robin. But somehow in new 52, Dick Grayson already teenager. That is confusing for reader

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By hyperman

@boynerdgeek:

Totally agree, characters such as superman , wonder woman supergirl, started from the very beginning,utterly new. But, as you said before, Dick grayson or Batman didn't get affected but the reboot , that's the confusing thing for me and a bunch of new reader (I'm not a new reader though.)

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperman: Batman and Green Lantern somehow get special treatment but hey that things happens 3 years ago. No point to complaint. For me this Convergence things that I can see some character that I miss from pre new 52 makes me happy :)

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers