12 Major Things DC Comics Has Coming in November

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

DC Comics released their solicitations for November, which informs fans what comics, collections, and toys will be available in the near future. After going over the information ourselves, we found 12 things that were worth noting for the upcoming month.

Note: DC's collectibles, which includes action figures, statues, and plush toys, are revealed in November's solicitations but not available for purchase until March 2017.

Batman's Suicide Squad Revealed?

No Caption Provided

Back at San Diego Comic-Con, Batman writer Tom King revealed that Batman will form his own Suicide Squad in an upcoming story. In the solicits for issues #10 and #11, it seems Batman will put his own team together to infiltrate Santa Prisca, to take on Bane, the villain who once broke his back. The cover of issue #10, drawn by Mikel Janin, seemingly shows off Batman's team, which is made up of a few recognizable faces, including Catwoman, and a few that haven't been in comics in quite some time, like Jester.

The Shade Returns

No Caption Provided

Batman isn't the only series that has absent characters returning. The man who controls the shadows and darkness, The Shade, returns in The Flash. According to the solicit, both Flash and Kid Flash will try to escape the Shadowlands in their first adventure together, starting in issue #10.

Prez Returns

No Caption Provided

Teenage president, Beth Ross, returns to comics in the upcoming one-shot Catwoman: Election Night. In the main story, Catwoman gets involved in Gotham City politics after things get a little personal. However, the back-up will contain a short story about President Ross, featuring the return of the creative team from the last volume: Mark Russell and Ben Caldwell.

New Series: Mother Panic

No Caption Provided

The newest series from DC's new imprint, Young Animal, is titled Mother Panic. Up and coming writer Jody Houser teams with artist Tommy Lee Edwards on this new book, which takes place in Gotham City. The comic's main character, Violet Paige, is a bored heiress with a traumatic childhood. She seeks to get revenge on her peers as the vigilante Mother Panic in this mature readers series.

New One-Shot: New Talent Showcase

No Caption Provided

DC usually has a couple of one-shot comics each month, but New Talent Showcase is doing something different. Each of the writers of the stories in the book are graduates of the inaugural DC Talent Development workshop, learning from the top creators currently at DC. These fresh voices take on some of DC's biggest characters in this 80 page comic.

New Series: Super Powers

No Caption Provided

Award-winning creators Art Baltazar and Franco have a new book: Super Powers. They're taking their distinctive writing and art style to this new all-ages series, which will follow DC's Trinity: Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman. The two creators bring a great sense of humor to their books, like their previous series Tiny Titans and Superman Family Adventures.

Series Ending: Red Thorn

No Caption Provided

Sadly, the Scottish mythological journey comes to an end with issue #13. Cadros and Thorn are taking each other on for the very last time, as Isla's powers grow. This has been a series that has flown under the radar. However, it offered a unique voice and concept for a Vertigo book. You can check out the final issue when it hits stores on November 16.

Series Ending: Doctor Fate

No Caption Provided

One of the final books from the latter part of the New 52 comes to an end this week. Issue #18 marks the end of Doctor Fate. Writer Paul Levitz and artist Brendan McCarthy draw the series to its finale as the Dreamspinners threaten Earth, while Khalid struggles to find the power to survive.

Mini-Series Ending: Sheriff of Babylon

No Caption Provided

This wasn't a surprise, as Sheriff of Babylon was slated to end at issue #12. The story came out of writer Tom King's experiences when he was working for the CIA in Iraq. The critically-acclaimed mini-series is sure to pack a huge punch as it closes. King and artist Mitch Gerads bid farewell to the book on November 2.

The Many Faces of Batman Toy

No Caption Provided

The newest Batman figure, based on Batman: The Animated Series, is pretty cool. This $50 figure, available for pre-order now with a March release date, allows you to change Batman's head to show off different expressions. It is six inches high and comes with a slew of accessories.

DC Bombshells: Jesse Quick Statue

No Caption Provided

DC's Bombshells line, which reimagines some of DC's characters as pin-ups, is releasing a Jesse Quick statue in March, which you can pre-order now. Ant Lucia designed this 10.5 inch tall statue, which is limited to 5,000 and will cost $125.

New DC Super-Pets Plush Toys

No Caption Provided

Finally, Art Baltazar designed a few new plush dolls available in March, based on the Super-Pets concepts. First is Crackers and Giggles--Harley Quinn's pets--which will cost $15 for the pair. In addition, Damian Wayne's sidekick, Bat-Cow also gets his own plush toy for $15.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I wonder if Dr. Fate will reboot with Kent?

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Thrilled to see The Shade show up in Flash. Little dubious of anyone other than James Robinson writing him, but excited none the less.

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By apokos7
  • The great Action Comics brings a new adversary in Godslayer. All-Star Batman still looks good.
  • OK, Aquaman is simply stunning so far. So typical of the Atlanteans to try and sabotage Mera's trial. Also the Deluge is not only that block of Atlantean terrorists we saw but a prophecy too? I'm a sucker for those. Bring it on.
  • Batman goes to the next level with Bane, Catwoman, etc. I feel like the book will only keep getting better and better.
  • Blue Beetle, Cyborg, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, The Flash all look great. Also, damn Spoiler ruining everything, give Batman a break already. Curious to see The Shade.
  • So we are not done with the Ninth Circle in Green Arrow. Interested in the Phantom Ring but Green Lanterns really needs to pick up the pace.
  • Oh my! The GL Corps and the Sinestro Corps working together? Hal gone probably because of the aftereffects of Krona's gauntlet. Nice to see everyone on Xudar since I love both Tomars. And goddamn Starro, finally! I've been waiting for him since The New 52 began. So exited that Robert Venditti will be the one handling him.
  • The Watchtower can't seem to catch a break. First the Crime Syndicate in Forever Evil, now this. Hitch has some pretty amazing high scope stories for the Justice League and I really like that.
  • New Super-Man. Another Starro? Solid title can't wait to see wait they have in store. Solid Nightwing too. Pre-Flashpoint Superman appearing everywhere, I mean I get it, it had to happen.
  • Red Hood is nice so far. I'm really intrigued about Bizarro. It seems the Suicide Squad arc will be multiple chapters long, and it had to happen since the issues are cut in half. I hope the back-ups continue the top-notch quality like the Deadshot one from Jason Fabok.
  • Superman and Superwoman look amazing. I can't wait to see how Teen Titans turns out and Titans is awesome too. I can't wait for Trinity too.
  • So nothing has changed in Themyscira and everything is wrong. It seems like Rucka is just a crybaby who can't play with others and needs him own sandbox to retcon everything out of existence. I didn't even like Azzarello's run that much but Rucka's stance is completely unprofessional and off-putting.
  • The New Talent Showcase looks fun and might try it out. Can't wait to see how Doctor Fate wraps up. Excited about Hawkman and Adam Strange: Out of Time.
  • Batgirl, Birds of Prey and Supergirl should pick things up. I'll probably give them a full story arc plus one chapter.
  • Some nice trade paperbacks too.

November still looks strong for DC and I'm so happy about it!

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: So far we know that both Khalid and Nelson Kent will be featured in Blue Beetle. Also with the JSA book coming up it wouldn't be surprising to see at least Kent there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why just this and not the full list of solicitations?

roaris87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@xwraith: Maybe they're trying to clean it up a little? I like seeing the full list, but it's a lot to look through sometimes

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the Dr. Fate book. Sad to see it end.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

PREZ!!!

Kid_jakeriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone name all of Batman's Suicide Squad for me? I only know Catwoman. Thanks!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Thoughts:

• Cyborg: Is it just me or is this just on somekind of repeat? Seems like every story is centered in or around STAR Labs and usually has something to do with Victors condition; when he is not fighting to keep the Labs safe, he's fighting for his human parts, or the mechanical ones. (Maybe it's just me hoping to see break from these kinds of stories.)
  • Supergirl appears to be stuck on the same track as Cyborg; deal with stuff from her past.
  • Earth-2: Speaking of going in circles... oh look another apocalypse, another failure on the hands of the Wonders, another lost world, and a little less reason to keep reading this book... (remember when this was almost the only bright spot in the New 52?)
  • Dr. Fate: Pity, but then again Khalid's enduring cluelessness is getting a little irritating tbh. Not that I expected him to become a world class magician over night, but alot of the time it just seems like he is not doing anything save as Nabu for help then stumble over the answer on his own because Nabu is cryptic for the sake of it.
  • Nightwing: I find it a little odd that in order to deal with Dr. Destiny Nightwing has to enlist Superman (or a phantom of him)... wouldn't a psychic or magician make more sense?
  • I feel bad for Prez fans, the second season is cancelled and as a compensation they get Meredith Finch...
  • Titans: Is it just me or is there something here that doesn't quite gel? I mean this week they are going to run into a whole team of supervillains, but they are going to spend more time on taking down a villain the Flash can usually handle on his own? (Hoping for less sitcom Donna)
  • Teen Titans: Well, atleast it doesn't wait around before stuff begins to happen. (Hope and prays Percy does not end up depicting the Titans as incompetent to the degree Damian feels 'obliged' to train them.)
  • Raven: I want to be able to read this now! The solicitations just aren't engaging when there is nothing to pin them on! :(
  • Wonder Woman: Pretty sure that if I am going to keep reading Year One, it is to look at Scotts art since the story still appears to be a reprint of Perez's. 'Lies' on the other hand... I think there are going to be alot of angry voices by the end of it, either from long time fans for not bringing back the original Paradise Island or fans of the more recent take on it for throwing it out the window.
  • Super Sons: I know some people have been eagerly awaiting this, I haven't, but judging the book by the cover it appears there isn't going to be a lot of bromance between Damian and the other one.
mad_maxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mad_maxx

Really excited to see what Jody Houser brings to the DC world. One of favorite writers at the moment. Tom King team will continue to get my money.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Aw Yeah!

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prezz should fully return. It's the best thing from DC in a while.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Mother Panic abd the New Talent Oneshot sound promising.

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

Sweet!

xsbrx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xsbrx

@kid_jakeriv said:

Can someone name all of Batman's Suicide Squad for me? I only know Catwoman. Thanks!

1. The one on the right is Bronze Tiger for sure.

2. The one in the background, in the middle is Jester.

3. The one at back, left is Hugo Strange I guess.

4. The masked clown chick is probablyMime

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By apokos7

@sbr999 said:

@kid_jakeriv said:

Catwoman, Bronze Tiger, Ventriloquist/Arnold Wesker, Punch and Jewlee.

Edit: Now that I think about it, they could very well be Jester and Mime.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 inferiorego  Staff

@xwraith said:

Why just this and not the full list of solicitations?

Trying something different.

njg5595

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prefer the full list if I'm being completely honest

Avatar image for uncanny_xfactor
Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You should fix the "nine" in the description of the article.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Transformers1024

@inferiorego: Just bring back the solicits article. Much better than narrowing it down to 12. And try formatting it so it doesn't crash every time I load the page because of all the content.

cobsohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Don't like that I have to buy Catwoman to get Prez. Hopefully Russell can return to Prez eventually, but I understand that Flintstones is the best seller.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego: Just bring back the solicits article. Much better than narrowing it down to 12. And try formatting it so it doesn't crash every time I load the page because of all the content.

So....

Bring back the solicits article....

Format it because all the content crashes your browser...

So.... like narrow down the info into a list-like piece?

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom King is working hard on Bat Man. I can appreciate that.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Transformers1024

@inferiorego said:
@transformers1024 said:

So....

Bring back the solicits article....

Format it because all the content crashes your browser...

So.... like narrow down the info into a list-like piece?

Or simply categorize the solicits in these nifty spoiler blocks so it's a bit more presentable of a lay out. You still present us all the info (which is why we bother checking solicits...) and it's all compiled neatly so it doesn't crash browsers.

Just an idea.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dont like the Batman SS run idea. SS should not be integrated in BM mythos. DC should try to diversify itself from Batman.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@apokos7 said:

@sbr999 said:

@kid_jakeriv said:

Catwoman, Bronze Tiger, Ventriloquist/Arnold Wesker, Punch and Jewlee.

Edit: Now that I think about it, they could very well be Jester and Mime.

when I fist saw the clown types, I thought they might be members of the royal flush gang

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

Mother Panic looks really promising. Also good to see that Bronze Tiger is going to be on Batman's Suicide Squad.