If Daredevil had sight would he be even more effective?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just a small curiosity that I had. As we all know, Matt Murdock lost his sense of sight, but in return gained vastly enhanced senses of hearing, smell, taste, and touch, which when used in unison form a unique type of "radar sense" that allows him to see and react with even more clarity than a person with eyesight.

My question is, if through some means Daredevil gained his sense of sight back, without any of his other senses lowering, would his radar sense become even more effective or would normal sight actually inhibit him? How do you think his radar sense and methods would change in response to normal sight? What unique things could he be capable of?

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Keenko

@nickzambuto: Nah, it would probably mess him up. In fact, iirc, there was a story where Matt somehow got his sight back and he was more distracted by it than anything.

But in a perfect world, I'm sure it'd make Matt even harder to tag. He'd probably have really good eyesight too.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer him blind to the world. He only has a hint to how high he is or how big the world really is around him. He can focus on what needs to be done and this is what makes him deadly and unbeatable. I would like him to be a little stronger and faster because of the chemicals and maybe a hint of a latent mutant gene would not be to bad as well since he is in a world filled with mutants. Maybe we can see a mutant or two in the future.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Yes.

Refer to Ikari.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BlackWind

Likely. He's completely acclimated to four senses. Vision would probably mess him up right now.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By Stahlflamme

Didn't he briefly get his sight back in Superior Ironman? How did that go?

symbiotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He got his sight back in a story where he had the uni-power/captain universe. He actually asked the power to leave him because he found it harder to fight when he could see.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once he got used to it I would say yes. Its another sense he gets to use.

Comickidd77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't radar sense give him a 360 view? Eyesight would hinder him if anything.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, which is why it's called radar. His radar has been really effective that's able to reveal weaknesses and highly efficient in inflicting nerve strikes.

Daredevil at one time described his radar sense as being like a frequency wave. His radar sense gives him sensory perception, which is why he fights so well.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I think the good outnumber the bad.

There is nothing important sight gives him that the radar sense doesn't. But sight could be a great way to overcome radar sense's weakness.

@mysoulz said:
@comickidd77 said:

Yes, which is why it's called radar. His radar has been really effective that's able to reveal weaknesses and highly efficient in inflicting nerve strikes.

Daredevil at one time described his radar sense as being like a frequency wave. His radar sense gives him sensory perception, which is why he fights so well.

His radar can be easily affected by rain or snow, or confetti. He can easily be blinded.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By ComicStooge

Again, Ikari had radar sense and he could see.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mysoulz

@squalleon said:

I think the good outnumber the bad.

There is nothing important sight gives him that the radar sense doesn't. But sight could be a great way to overcome radar sense's weakness.

@mysoulz said:
@comickidd77 said:

His radar can be easily affected by rain or snow, or confetti. He can easily be blinded.

Yea, I remembered when his radar been affected multiple times in the past. I believe that his radar sense was interrupted by a chaff grenade before his direct encounter with Cap in Waid's run.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@mysoulz said:

Yea, I remembered when his radar been affected multiple times in the past. I believe that his radar sense was interrupted by a chaff grenade before his direct encounter with Cap in Waid's run.

Υοu are correct.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mysticmedivh

@nickzambuto: I remember back in Secret Wars II the Beyonder restored Daredevil's sight and he had no problem beating up some thugs.

He also regained his sight when he became Captain Universe. His senses were super enhanced as Cap.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No because that would be fucking stupid.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

i dont think it would make him more effective..not anymore than he already is since he "sees" so much now. Itd be a disservice to his character more than anything

Tone_617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, His Radar gives him a sense far greater then "Seeing" or any person's natural vision... He can see just fine the way he is. If he were given the ability to see like you or Me... that would debilitate his Radar and well... he wouldnt be Daredevil anymore. sure he might get used to it and adapt but the reason he is as good as he is now is because he was blind from the accident... that enhanced all of this other senses ten fold. His senses might even balance out if he were granted vision again he might not be able to have his enhanced hearing, taste or smell.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

he'd just be a guy with super senses...