The 8 Best Moments from The Netflix Daredevil Series

• 103 results
detective38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

When matt tells claire his names mike like the goofy mike murdock secret identity that dd used in the stan the man days

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Other strong moments:

- Fisk's first appearance

- The first conversation between Matt and Fisk over the Walky-Talky.

- Fisk going puplic just as Urich and the others were about to out him.

- The confrontation between Karen and Wesley

- The Nelson v. Murdock conversation

- Matt saving Claire from the Russians, and Claire hitting the final one

- Jack Murdock listening to the Crowds chant his name

- Fisk brutally killing Urich (it was heart breaking but it was a major moment and turning point)

- The final fight between Matt and Stick

- The College flashbacks between Matt and Foggy, Avocados at Law

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#53  Edited By StMichalofWilson

That hallway scene was an absolute favorite!

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me add in Madame Goa going ham on Daredevil. That was shocking to me, till a couple seconds later I realized she has to be connected to Ironfist.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Another good scene was Matt finally running around rooftops chasing Madame Gaos men

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@inferiorego These are all great but my personal favorite moment was the "I Am The Ill Intent" speech. That scene where Fisk realizes and accepts he was the bad guy all along gave me shivers.

Loading Video...

Also a shutout to that Urich monologue.

This was so epic!

Txman210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Txman210

Another great moment for me was watching when Fisk went insane on the russian and smashed his head in with the car door

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

1) when Matt comforts the boy

2) when Matt tells the story of putting the child molester in a coma by beating him senseless

3) "shhh, this is important, I want you to know why I'm hurting you, it's not just because of the boy... it's because I enjoy it."

4) Jack Murdock listens to the crowd before Matt finds him next scene.

5) 1st scene introducing Fisk and his soon to be wife

6) First episode knife fight

7) Matt vs Stick

8) Matt puts on the red costume.

That was so moving to me. I highly agree with that, to the letter.

Timotheus316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Timotheus316

@ Mat Elfring: I just want to say you are spot on with this article. I loved that show and all those moments. I also want to say in the past few weeks as you've taken on more writing chores I've seen tons of typos. I'm glad to see you are finally using a spell checker or just taking some time with your work. I do enjoy your articles. Thank you.

Dragonbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno, I'd take out Leland Owlsley's demise and switch in Karen shooting Wesley.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By Zearing

I just finished watching this about an hour ago. This show good, although it was not my favorite comic book show ever like a lot of people seem to be saying right now. Admittedly, that is probably due to how dark it was, me being one of the few people who doesn't like show and movies like that.

Most of the fight scenes were good though, and the scene with Matt in the courtroom was excellent. I can see this fitting in with the part of the MCU that the Winter Soldier opened up fairly well.

Avatar image for tylerdurden7272
TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did no one mention the awesome pokour scene on the rooftops in episode 12??? Seriously, I think that Daredevil is an extraordinary acrobat as well as he is a fighter. And the pokour stunts were amazing. That would definitely be in my top 5

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@inferiorego These are all great but my personal favorite moment was the "I Am The Ill Intent" speech. That scene where Fisk realizes and accepts he was the bad guy all along gave me shivers.

Loading Video...

Also a shutout to that Urich monologue.

As a Christian, it was nice to see Marvel delve into a more religious aspect with their characters. I know when it comes to religion people tend to avoid it out of fear or simply to avoid controversy, but I was glad this series took time to focus on Matt being Catholic and his struggle with his actions as a vigilante and his personal faith.

It reminded me of the scene from Avengers where Captain America makes a reference to God, and even though it was a quick line in the movie, it was nice to see Marvel showing that they have a diverse group of characters from all kinds of different backgrounds and beliefs.

Personally, I'd love to see Marvel explore stuff like this more and incorporate it into their stories as it makes their characters more realistic and grounded in a sense.

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Hall scene is one?

SuperiorBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stick is one of my favorite episodes of anything ever.

HolyLouie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You forgot every scenes with Madame Gao

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A great list, but I gotta disagree with the top three. Personally, I thought the choreography of the Daredevil vs Fisk fight was terrific, the back and forth of it all, showcasing their very different advantages and how each can be effective, was exciting. The Nobu fight on the other hand, I disliked. There was no tension or excitement because Matt was just getting his ass kicked the whole time, there was no back and forth, then there was no triumph in the end because Matt won by getting lucky.

Comickidd77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Matt didn't get lucky. He knew nobu had gasoline on him an aimed his baton right at the lamp. I took it as him listening to sticks advice 2 episodes back

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comickidd77: Right, that might be the case. Still, you have to admit it wasn't a very "triumphant" moment. Facts of a plot are one thing, then the tone and emotions conveyed are another.

Comickidd77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By 14NC3
  1. The Hallway Fight. One of the greatest fight scenes ever put on television. It brought home Matt's vulnerability as just a guy in the real world. Everything about it was perfect - how the cinematography was perfect in making us feel present without quick cuts and shaky cam and how it allowed us to just watch the fucking badass fight choreography. How it was so completely believable, with every punch making us flinch and how I, for the first time in ages, felt like the hero was in danger of losing. And, really, the fight just looked so damn cool.
  2. The priest's story about the devil living among us. The writers were genius. On the calibre of dialogues like Alfred's gem thief story in The Dark Knight. I was completely engaged with the priest-daredevil plot line and this part just sealed the deal.
  3. The good samaritan speech by Wilson Fisk. 'Nuff said by the users above.
  4. The first episode knife fight. Immaculately directed, one of the best fights in the series. Showcased all of Matt's abilities, skill and willpower without the need for over-expository flashbacks or crappy visual effects and instead subtle, visual and audio cues. I was with him throughout and it really introduced me into the gritty, realistic take. It was as exciting as it could get, switching from setting to setting and badass choreography. I thought the nobu fight, on the other hand, had too much use of slo-mo, making it feel amateurish and like it borrowed the cinematography from a PG-13 movie. I thought the dialogue coming from nobu was pretty cringeworthy and I thought it was pretty one-sided, not really making it exciting, especially since it ended with a stroke of luck.
  5. The ending of Wilson Fisk in the prison, staring at the white. This just links in to all of the white rabbit in a snowstorm dialogues and moments, so really i was really just thinking of all those moments when I got to this point. I felt that this scene was just perfect, tying all of it together. So much to be wrote with the symbolism and how much this brings to his character that I cba to do it.
  6. The Stick episode. I just can't narrow it down to a moment. The mysteriousness of 'the war' stick refers to, the relationship about a boy who wants a father and the man who wants nothing but a warrior, their awesome fight and the amount of depth the creators went with the power set.
GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#72  Edited By GalacticFork

The hallway fight was kinda given as the best. The fight scenes in general were really well done and often felt like real brawls. Daredevil took a huuuge beating. But I wish they hadn't broken up the Nobu fight throughout the episode. Just show it all at once.

I liked that Potter told him how the red parts would offer less protection than the black (or maybe the other way around)... I'm sure that helped Matt a whole bunch (sure he didn't know he was blind, but it still struck me as funny).

I was hoping the Karen killing Wesley scene would be on the list. Karen calling his bluff was nice, as was "you don't think I've shot someone before?" Interesting hint to her past. Karen in general was amazing, and I liked that she had her own storyline mostly independent of Matt's, and it never felt unnecessary to me.

I'm also with the other posters who thought Owlsley should have lived. I wish the Kingpin would have waited until his men killed the hiding cop before killing him. They would have failed, the guy would still turn on the Kingpin and then in the part where they were showing all the folks getting arrested, they could have shown Owlsley getting off of a plane on some tropical island airport. He was just so wonderfully weaselly that seeing that would be incredibly satisfying.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly the Matt vs Fisk fight should have been number 2.

The Nobu fight wasn't as deep enough.

Bmur62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great show ... I never thought I would want to buy a Netflix series when/if it comes out on Blu-Ray but this will get my money for sure.

Also I was very impressed with the opening fight it grabbed me right away and I was hooked from the start.

fattytravy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've not seen the show itself yet, only watched the hallway fight on YouTube and... based solely on that I don't see what the fuss is about. It would have been more entertaining if he wasn't so clearly pulling his punches because they wanted him to make contact, presumably for the sake of it looking more "real". It wasn't nearly as "visceral" or "hardcore" as I had heard.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@war_killer: I hope whenever they get around to doing a Moon Knight Netflix show they will take there time exploring what it's like to be a Hasidic Jew indentured to an Egyptian god.

Avatar image for thekidfliessolo
thekidfliessolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

This season was so good that I don't think many of us knew how good it was going to be. My favorite moment was when Matt put on the red suit. The poster didn't even come close to doing it justice. Also the hallway fight was incredible and it is well deserving of the number one spot on this list. I think you could just add Wilson Fisk in general to the list. D'Onofiro's acting is nothing short of spectacular in this series. He made Fisk so complex without even trying. The whole season could be looked at as one big best moment! Also if you want a little chuckle check out this video of the show's opening being set to Night Court. I found it on YouTube and it is pretty cool. Made by Jonathon Michael.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have Netflix. Will this come out on DVD?

Avatar image for greenlanterndeadpool
GreenLanternDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kilowog52: Yup. All Netflix shows come out on DVD.

Cuboid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Cuboid

I loved the show, but did anyone else find Matt, at least when he was being Matt and not Daredevil, kinda weak / one-dimensional? I guess he has his conversations with the priest and whatnot, but I just didn't care for him a lot of the time - I found a lot of the other characters much more compelling: Fisk, Foggy, Wesley. I don't think Wesley gets enough love; his dynamic with Fisk was great.

My favourite episodes were the Fisk and Foggy flashback episodes. And I want to rewatch the Battlin' Jack one.

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Skyfire

Matt's speech in the courtroom in the 3rd episode was also pretty neat.

jaydee98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalorama: I totally agree. I loved the whole college flashback episode. It shows how close they were and why Foggy took it so personally that Matt had been deceiving him all this time.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Also the courtroom scenes were all fantastic

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

Owsely was cool

I agree that the best one is the fight in the hallaway. It was just so awesome!

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's as good a list as any. I would have few different ones on mine (the costume would definitely not be on it - I think needs some work).

1. Fisk confronts Ben Ulrich
  2. Karen is captured by Wesley
  3. The SUV door scene
  4. Daredevil rescues Claire from the Russians
  5. Foggy vs Matt
Grimwyrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@14nc3: I like the show too but I have to disagree with your statement that "It brought home Matt's vulnerability as just a guy in the real world". Matt beat 6 Russian mafia guys, several armed with guns, in a narrow hallway with mostly just his fists handicapped by three broken ribs, mucho blood loss, a deep stab wound and a recently (hours old) re-inflated punctured lung, plus assorted other lesser cuts, bruises and contusions. In what "real world" is this "vulnerability"? Understand I'm not trying to be a dick here, its a great show and I really enjoy it, but real world it surely ain't.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised no one brought up the snipers bag that had the ace card sticking out of it. Could it be a nod to Bullseye?

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost done the series. I really enjoyed it. The fight scenes were great, the series stuck close to the comics. I Was very impressed with it.

KingStandup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excellent series! It exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds. I was hooked by the time the opening titles started to appear during episode one.

Daredevil has always been one of my favorite characters (yes, I realize plenty of people are saying that these days thanks to the character's resurgences because of this series.) Regardless, it's nice to see him getting a proper run, if you will that he has always deserved. It seems that a series like this is more suiting for the character than an actual movie. Maybe this would be a better route for characters like the Punisher or Hawkeye (although Hawkeye kicks ass on the big screen, too.)

I agree with this list for the most part. It would be very difficult for me to pick a Top 8. One of my favorite moments was when Fisk took the Russian's head off with a little assistance from the Cadillac Escalade door and the short conversation with his assistant that followed.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

@albusan said:

I'll add WIlson Fisk looking at the white painting, "It makes me feel alone!"

That was powerful acting.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. "I am the ill intent"

2. Hallway fight

3. Papa Murdock listening to the crowd scream his name

4. Vladimir just being a bad ass

5. The child molester story

6. The "devil incarnate" story told by the Priest

7. Fisk reaction over Wesleys death/Vanessa and Fisk first meet

8. Matt and Vanessa meet

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By 14NC3

@grimwyrd said:

@14nc3: I like the show too but I have to disagree with your statement that "It brought home Matt's vulnerability as just a guy in the real world". Matt beat 6 Russian mafia guys, several armed with guns, in a narrow hallway with mostly just his fists handicapped by three broken ribs, mucho blood loss, a deep stab wound and a recently (hours old) re-inflated punctured lung, plus assorted other lesser cuts, bruises and contusions. In what "real world" is this "vulnerability"? Understand I'm not trying to be a dick here, its a great show and I really enjoy it, but real world it surely ain't.

Completely understand, but I mean as in the fight was so much more grounded in the real world compared to other attempts at street leveller superhero shows/movies. Yes, the broken ribs, possible concussion, stab wounds and recently punctured lung handicap against 9 (not even 6!) guys would definitely have killed him realistically, but we've never seen a fight that was as closely ground and real, bar the dark knight films which had fight scenes no where near as exciting as in daredevil.

Being a trained ninja with super senses, the fight in the narrow hallway was completely plausible (it's just the injuries that push it, but that could be explained by his meditation healing). What I found breathtakingly real and gritty about the fight was the fact that he still took hits, he got hurt, he struggled throughout the fight to get each one knocked out since they were competent rather than canon fodder and were as resilient as they would have been against a couple of punches rather than being completely knocked out against one. He was shown getting more tired and tired as he fought more of them and by the end he was completely exhausted.

I've never seen a fight feel so real in a comic-book show and at the same time be as, if not more exciting than a big budget battle from a superhero film before. Also, i'm still taking into account that this is part super hero show so yes he's gonna have moments like being able to power through a complete beating and demolish 10 dudes, but i'm completely open to them so long as it keeps to this level of reality.

Moondoggie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite moment was Fisk's first date. Everything looks like a normal dinner at a restaurant, but when Anatoly bursts in, we see that all of the men at the surrounding tables were bodyguards. We get to see how subtly Fisk can wield his power, followed closely by how brutal he can be when the child inside him takes over.

hotroddii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed watching Vanessa change as a person. Be interesting to see how "evil" she can potentially become.

Ferris08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Madam Gao using the "Iron Fist" was pretty cool, too!

Ferris08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Parkour.

MachoMustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished it today and the whole season was fantastic and totally true to DD

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

I agree with what everyone here is saying.

Although I think that the bridge scene when Fisk was walking with his guys just looked so badass. The whole show was just great.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 thedailybagel  Moderator

I agree with what everyone here is saying.

Although I think that the bridge scene when Fisk was walking with his guys just looked so badass. The whole show was just great.