• 64 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Okay, this is going to be the 1,054th time I've said it, but Valiant's reboot has been absolutely stellar. However, one title manages to stand above the rest (at least in my opinion): X-O MANOWAR.

If you've been following along, then good for you and we're officially best friends. If not, you now have a chance to fix that dire mistake. We chatted with Valiant and they've been kind enough to offer us 5 copies of the comic's first trade paperback, "By the Sword."

I second what Ain't It Cool News said.
I second what Ain't It Cool News said.

Entering is easy.

What would you do if you had the X-O Manowar armor? Also, which ability would you be the most excited about? If you're not familiar with the armor, but sure to check out its Comic Vine page.

• Five winners will be selected and the BEST ANSWERS will win.
  • Only one entry per person.
  • Sorry duders, but Comic Vine's lawyers insist the contest only applies tothose in the United States.
  • The contest will begin immediately and end Friday, December 7, 2012 at 5:00 pm ET.

Here's all of the fun legal mumbo jumbo:

Eligibility: Comic Vine Giveaways (the "Giveaways") are open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and are 18 years of age or older. Employees of CBS Interactive, its advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of a Giveaway, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with Giveaway (collectively "Giveaway Entities") and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.

Sponsor: The Giveaways are sponsored by Comic Vine, 235 2nd Street, San Francisco, CA ("Sponsor").

Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in a Giveaway constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.

Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Giveaway Entities may have developed or may in the future develop ideas that may be similar to entrant's submission, that any such similarity shall be coincidental, and that entrant shall have no rights whatsoever in or to, and the Giveaway Entities shall have no obligation to entrant for the Giveaway Entities' use of, any such ideas.

Entry Period: The start and end times/dates (the "Entry Period") are located on the applicable Giveaway page.

Giveaway Entry/Submission: Follow the directions on the applicable Giveaway page in order to submit an entry. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.

Winner Selection: Winner(s) will be selected via random drawing. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winner(s) will be contacted via private message and will be asked to provide their first and last names, age and mailing address. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification p.m., the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period.

Requirements of the Potential Winners: Except where prohibited, the potential winner(s) may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release") within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place.

Prize(s): The prize(s) are located on the applicable Giveaway page. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.

General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Giveaway is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.

Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Giveaway Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Giveaway or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Giveaway Entities' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event shall the Giveaway Entities be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.

Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Publicity: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Winner's consent to Sponsor's use of Winner's name, likeness, picture, portrait, voice, opinions, biographical information and state of residence for promotional, publicity or advertising purposes worldwide in any media and on the World Wide Web, in perpetuity, without further payment, consideration, review or consent (where allowable).

The TPB will come out Dec 5th and has a cover price of $9.99. Even if you don't win, I highly recommend checking it out! Good luck!

UPDATE!

AND THE WINNERS ARE...

Please respond to confirm this and then I'll set up a PM for additional details.

Thanks for entering!

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

WHY AREN'T YOU ALL READING THIS?

(He wrote in all caps to display meaning)

starhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By starhammer

What would you do if you had the X-O Manowar armor? Wear it while going commando.

Also, which ability would you be the most excited about? X-Ray vision because 1.) boobs exist and 2.) I like looking at boobs.

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Cavemold

If i had the xo-manowar suit i would fly around space looking for resources to enhance mankind. I would protect the harmless and the ones who cant fight for themseleves.!

i would be most exicted about space flight. flying over earth like a guardain in the sky

usabfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By usabfb

Honestly, I would just wear it like normal clothes. Hang it up in my closet. Maybe run around town speaking a foreign language so that everyone in the small, rural, Southern town I live in thinks that I'm an alien.

I would be most excited about the invulnerability of the armor because it would allow me to step in front of cars and let them hit me. Then, when I walk away non-plussed, everyone will continue to think that I'm an alien. Shooting lasers would be fun too, because then I could really terrorize the citizens.

markedman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By markedman

Honestly, I would just use it to defend the helpless that can't defend themselves.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

*grumblegrumble* why only Americans *grumblegrumble*

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I'll do a non-Americans only video for everyone. I'll say "blokes" over and over if you like.

AgentofSWORD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AgentofSWORD

I figure I'd join the football team at my school, wear the armor, bash the hell out of the opposing teams and insure that my college would be in bowl games forever.

Loki2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Loki2u

I would be most excited about the flight capabilities of the ARMOUR (spelled correctly) so I could wear it and fly up to freezing cold Canada to deliver one of the five TP's to my house and then use its invisibilty feature to sneak up on the ComicVine Lawyers and then use the super human strength feature to wring their scrawny necks!

No resentments here. :P

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By z3ro180

Shame i cant enter cause im not in the USA :(

Ahh well if i had the armor i would fly to new york walk into starbucks and demand that that they give me free muffins for life

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@inferiorego said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I'll do a non-Americans only video for everyone. I'll say "blokes" over and over if you like.

sounds like bliss

Sebzero11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sebzero11

I would fly throughout the cosmos, visiting alien races, and giving them hugs and kisses. I would call myself XOXOXO Manowarmth.

My favorite power would be the invulnerability, as not everyone in the cosmos appreciates hugs and kisses from armored strangers.

KennyQuick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KennyQuick

I would walk up to Samus and ask her if she had tickets to the gun show.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#15  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

I would just fly around and eventually use it to edit the CV wiki more efficiently somehow :P

AdamC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By AdamC

Probably just use it as a paperweight or something.

UK here.

thelastword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By thelastword

I would enter and win the Milan Fashion Week. Gold and particle cannons is the new black.

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

How will this contest be? Do we send a picture or something or is the best comment the one that's the most eligible?

mightypug78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mightypug78

I would use it to boost my self confidence by winning every cosplay costume contest as i traveled across the country.

CodyRADkinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CodyRADkinson

If I was in possession of the X-O Manowar Armor, I would use the Energy Projection ability to live out my own version of DragonBall Z (Kamehameha) and Street Fighter (Hadouken)!! If the world was lucky enough, I might even use it to launch my movie career by using the Energy Projection to make a live-action DragonBall movie that doesn't suck!

Due to the nature of my story, it is clear that I would be most excited about the Energy Projection ability and what it could offer me while offering the rest of the world great enjoyment. (Although, in only a short time, I'm sure I would have found a way to use each armor ability to it's fullest)

P.S. is this where you were supposed to post the story??

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

If I had the armor (that is if the armor can be multi-gendered), I'm probably dig the super strength and flight. I'd get to my classes on time (traffic stinks) and I could take on anybody who'd want a chunk out of me, regardless of how big and sexy I am in real life.

Then when and if I screw up, I go the way of Spider-man and take my feelings out on a bunch of spandex wearing weirdos who aren't eligible for PlayGirl magazine, let alone the criminal life.

Toastalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Toastalchemist

I am not familiar with this series. I would have the armor separate into two and have the second go to school for me.

grifter78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 159

#23  Edited By grifter78

I'd use it to pick up women. ;p

nftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nftw

I would use the power of flight to fly every where that I have always wanted to see then I would use the rest of the powers to become a merc that way I would be able to support myself with out the need for a 9 to 5.

ssj2DeadPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ssj2DeadPool

If I had the X-O Armor I would go back in time to see my wife. I have a feeling it can do that, and no one knows yet. No one knows the Armors full power, but It did warp him all the way across space to earth with a simple thought.

I would be most excited to bang my wife when I got back, because I used the time traveling ability.

Gojira_rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Gojira_rex

To be completely honest. I would have to do the classic super-hero thing. But, try to do it on a global level. I have been reading Valiant for quite a few years and if you had asked this same question about Original Valiant, and SOLAR, it would be the same. Just, X-O is a little more powered down than SOLAR. But, try to bring water to areas that need it, moving glaciers. Stop conflicts where I could. Attempt to find resources where I can via what ever Shanharra could do, either scanning or deep-rock radar.. What ever. Also, maybe over time. Heal some people. In the original series, Shanharra was able to spawn off part of herself to make artificial limbs. I know this incarnation was able to grow Aric back a hand, and rather damn quick if I might add. So, there is that aspect. But that would be very time consuming. But hey. You are helping someone regain a limb :)

rwbrtgonzales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By rwbrtgonzales

First, if I owned Shanhara I would poop a little bit.

Second, if owned it I would hope to be thrust into the shoes of Aric of Dacia. I would be SO down to meet Ninjak and to fight him.

Third, I would go and end the war that the troops are currently fighting in. I would send them home and I would take care of it. Least amount of casualties possible of course. Hopefully the sight alone of how powerful Shanhara would be enough to stop those we are fighting against in their tracks.

Lastly, I would go to school in Shanhara and would demand better grades and free tuition. Almost finished with college and tuition makes it hard to buy comic books at times. Adversely, homework makes it hard to have time to read them.

Awesome question and it was fun imagining myself in the armor!

I am going to go read it again!

'Til later days,

Robert

Rale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rale

Out of respect to Aric for bringing us the armor, I'd restore the Visigoth empire. Figure everyone deserves a second chance, right?

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By deadpool25mm

If I had the X-O Manowar Armor i'd use it protect the world from terrorists (.....there are no real super villians thank god lol) and try to bring world peace between the Human race. ( and when we discover Aliens, with them too ) .

The powers i'd jump to think of would be Flight, but i'd say Invulnerability due to what i'd be up agianst.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By longbowhunter

If I had the "good skin" I would be most excited for flight. I've got the least dependable truck on the planet and I just wanna be able to get work and my kid to school.

bribridog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By bribridog

I would join the U.S. luge team!!!

jayk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jayk

If i had the X-O Manowar armor, i would utilize my X-ray vision and gain permanent employment as a TSA screener. Never again would a terrorist make his/her way through "my airport" and cause harm to those aboard a flight leaving our airport. I would save the airport hundreds of thousands of dollars by replacing all the x-ray machines, with my X-ray helmet, and as a direct result tax payers dollars would instead go to other uses instead of x-ray machines (Okay, idk if this is actually how taxes work)). Though, there would only be one lane of screening (me), thus making our airport the safest, yet most ineffective when regarding people making their connecting flights. At the end of the day , i'd have secured permanent job security and would keep our airport the number #1 safest in the country. People just ain't makin' their flights on time, ever.

pmvaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pmvaun

If i had the suit, I would fix the Middle East, then take a lovely vacation touring the world seeing all of the historical sites and wonders. And ofcourse i would I fight crime as i went. Maybe force George RR Martin to write books 6 and 7 of a song of ice and fire before my kids have kids.

LifePool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LifePool

If I had the X-O Manowar armor I would use the remote terminal matched with invisibility and flight to perform recon on R.A.G.E. agents, so that I could than take them out with the utmost precision!

sonicnevets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By sonicnevets

I would use the suit of armor as a way to help solve problems I see in the world.

My favorite power of the suit to use would be flight, because I would be able to fly. Who doesn't want to be able to fly? Just the feeling of being in the sky would make it all worth it, to just be able to go up there and think, like Clark does in Superman: Secret Identity. It would be somewhere only for me, where I could go just to escape from the concerns I have on the ground.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By Meteorite

Well, my favourite power would be - oh, that's right, I can't enter because I'm not American.

bananaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By bananaz

I would protect the weak from armed psychos, like a superhero. Then I would use my awesome physical abilities to entertain crowds at benefit shows for worthy causes, like Free The Slaves or fighting AIDS. People would come out for it, that's for sure. Imagine the slam dunks on basketball courts, the things set on fire, the platforms of elephants lifted, the heavy metal playing behind me. Imagine a trick where I fly fresh-cooked food between China, India, Italy, and the US, like juggling. Voila! I could leverage that stuff into TV, toys, movies, and endorsements. Before long, I'm rolling like Adrian Veidt. Then I can work more directly on helping out.

Of the listed powers, I would go with flight. Invulnerability is cool, but flight is so unlike what we're used to. It's uncanny and awesome.

JPWolf5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JPWolf5

What would you do if you had the X-O Manowar armor?

If I had the armor an all the abilities it instils; I would uses it to help people over come their oppressors, because as the Green Beret motto say "De Oppresso Liber" which is Latin for "To Liberate the Oppressed"; People (like the citizen of Syria) need someone to help them break off their shackles of oppression and with X-O Manowar Armor I would be able to provide said help.

Also, which ability would you be the most excited about?

The Energy Projection would be the most useful for my purpose in helping oppressed populace gain their freedom.

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#39  Edited By pspin

I do believe the phrase goes: "First Immortality, then the b*tches."

But in case that doesn't pan out the way it does in my mind, I would serve my country with the armor.

The ability that I would be most excited about would be flight, as someone who is near broke, it would save a lot of money on gas. It would also be awesome to fly everywhere.

MicenMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MicenMen

If I had the X-O suit, I would love Invulnerability so I could walk up to the police and be like "Taze me Bro!!!!"

I then would go to the nearest Comic Con and pick up some hot comic book chicks.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41  Edited By SavageDragon

I thought about this question for a while, and I decided I would use it to be a reporter of paramount importance to the world. I would use the powers of Flight, Invisibility and X-ray vision to be a beacon for information. At first I thought it would be excellent to solve world conflicts through force and bring about long lasting peace, like a super hero. As I thought about this pipe dream I realized that using oppression to stop oppression just perpetuates a cycle of violence in the world we live in. If I tried to stop "insurgents" or force rouge governments into surrender the people would begin to see me as a tyrant. That being said If I really had the armor I would use it to get information out to people, real information. Armed with the X-O Manowar armor and a video camera I would fly to areas like Somalia, Burma, the Philippines, Afghanistan Syria, Pakistan and the Congo and document all I could. Using my invisibility and invulnerability I would attempt to gain access to the inner most workings of cabals and political corruption, attempt to document the back room deals, monopolies and secrets based on greed that have such dire effects on the whole world. I believe that exposing these people and their agendas on film to the whole world would be the best thing I could do with the tools given to me by the armor. Even if it took me years I could still spread the information.The tapes would expand peoples views of the world and hopefully bring us closer together. Unbiased information, awareness and a social conscious and a little empathy would make the whole world a much better place. So would a supremely powerful armor suit in the right hands.

Powers

I would be most excited to be able to be resistant to damage and harm. In any given situation I could always rely on my defense and try to escape. Best offense is a good defense...or is the other way around? Invulnerability!

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cuddles666

I'd volunteer for NASA and go on manned space missions for them....as long as they let me bring my comics along.

Avatar image for astonishing_arome
astonishing_arome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To enslave all of humanity.

Powers

Immortality.

Hancock89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By Hancock89

Aw shoot.... it's moments like this I hate living in canada... sigh.

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By LarryDavis

Rent myself out for parties, so people can be awed by me lifting cars and crap. Available for bachelorette parties as well, laaaadiiiessss.

Remote terminal seems extremely useful, and it's pretty unique to X-O. Have that one show up at a day job, make the automaton live a daily grind as you reap the sweet rewards. Including bachelorette parties. Yeeeeeeaaaaah!

llkeithll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By llkeithll

I would punch a shark in the face and knock out all it's teeth and make a sweet necklace. (Don't tell PETA)

That60sGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By That60sGuy

@inferiorego said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Do it man!

Also:

Sorry duders, but Comic Vine's lawyers insist the contest only applies tothose in the United States.

Damn you CV lawyers. DAMN YOU TO HELLLLLL!!!!

Ahhh I don't really care as I've bought all the issues anyaway.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By 2chimcha3

I would use my power to end all war because no one could stop me.

And the lightning sword... DUH.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By Hit_Monkey

'Muricans' only, bloody typical... Comic Vine can bugger off for this.

hewynosleep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By hewynosleep

Cloaking a la predator ability